News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Suggest you read the article again if you think that was an endorsement of the coach.
"I've got a coach, this club's got a coach," Evans said.
"There would be no reason why we would buy into comments about who's available. It serves no purpose."
When asked if his support of Dew could change if results did not improve in the final third of the season, Evans was short.
Come back and ask me then," he said. "Right now, let's do everything we can to make sure the results do come."

This my friends is not a ringing endorsement
I would go further and say it's no endorsement at all

Who the * sits down and watches this show two nights a week it’s most unlikeable people not just in footy but australia

This my friends is not a ringing endorsement
I would go further and say it's no endorsement at all
Agreed, reckon Dew is cooked. But not until the end of the year.

The "Dimma to the Suns" narrative started as soon as he quit at Richmond. Barrett on MMM for example. Suggests to me that Dimma wants the Suns job and has told a couple of journo's as much.

As to whether he should get it, I don't know. How many coaches have the success he had at Richmond, then can do it again somewhere else? The Suns do seem ripe though, so much talent on the list. As Macrae is showing at Collingwood, things can change fast. But also it doesn't need a coach that has won flags.

If Dew does stay the club should try and get Leon Cameron out of the swans academy as an assistant even if it’s a part time or game day assistant role.
Wouldn’t have thought it’d be hard to match swans academy salary and been listening to him on SEN a little bit lately and has a very smart footy brain

If Dew does stay the club should try and get Leon Cameron out of the swans academy as an assistant even if it’s a part time or game day assistant role.
Wouldn’t have thought it’d be hard to match swans academy salary and been listening to him on SEN a little bit lately and has a very smart footy brain
I don't see ANY evidence Dew listens to any advice other than his own

I think it’s safe to say Dew won’t be coaching us in 2024.

The reality is, everyone being fair is saying judge us on our entire season, how can you do that in July?…
Well, if we lose 3 more matches in a row, it’s fair to say now that is our season over as far as making the 8 is concerned. 6 seasons is plenty to establish if you’re good enough.
I’ve loved Dewy as much as the next person, he is a good guy and reasonably good coach, but if there is better out there, I’m looking out for the best interests of the club, not what I think of a guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1688974150535.png

I can only assume that this preview ends with "why would I stake my reputation"

Let me assure you Caro (because you're most definatley reading) that your reputation for being s**t at your job is already well known.

To me it makes 0 sense to sack Dew this late into the season.
But then again, this is the Gold Coast Suns, making 0 sense is kind of our tradition

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Once they decide, it's time. It gives more time to search for a new coach. Who knows it could give a spark for the rest of the season. I am disappointed it did not worked out but IMO, it's a fair call. Dew had enough time. This year did not work out with a mostly healthy list, no real improvement.

Last edited:
To me it makes 0 sense to sack Dew this late into the season.
But then again, this is the Gold Coast Suns, making 0 sense is kind of our tradition

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s not totally unusual. Some part ways mid season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back