Coles bs ice creams

Remove this Banner Ad

RightorKhan

Team Captain
Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I've now tried every single flavour of the coles ice creams now and can conclusively say they are indeed all s**t. Every single flavour. From the first scoop you can't ignore every ingredient being on a lower level to ice creams of comparative value.

I heard people actually like these ice creams and hype them up really well... what's the deal?

I am now again trying the "Choc Mocha" flavour and it is probably one of the shitter of the flavours. Ice cream so cheap I can taste ice particles through it, cheap cotties chocolate topping (aka corn syrup), biscuit bullshit with no flavour. The quality of ice cream in all the flavours is just terrible. Thin watery crap.

I just keep buying these crap flavours trying to find some sort of nicety to them. But alas they are just too cheap and overpriced to enjoy.

http://shop.coles.com.au/wcsstore/Coles-CAS/images/1/7/4/1749674.jpg

pay extra for the good stuff "Connoisseur" great range of flavours
I used to always get Dairy Bell coz I live near the factory swtiched over when they closed, didn't know what I was missing out on

pay extra for the good stuff "Connoisseur" great range of flavours
I used to always get Dairy Bell coz I live near the factory swtiched over when they closed, didn't know what I was missing out on

RIP Dairy Bell. I moved interstate and didn't realise it had shut down until you just mentioned it. Too many times I bought those jam donuts and a thickshake from the shop in Malvern East.

RIP Dairy Bell. I moved interstate and didn't realise it had shut down until you just mentioned it. Too many times I bought those jam donuts and a thickshake from the shop in Malvern East.

Still have a few stores, moved to chadstone rd, don't know about factory though

I've now tried every single flavour of the coles ice creams now and can conclusively say they are indeed all s**t. Every single flavour. From the first scoop you can't ignore every ingredient being on a lower level to ice creams of comparative value.

I heard people actually like these ice creams and hype them up really well... what's the deal?

I am now again trying the "Choc Mocha" flavour and it is probably one of the shitter of the flavours. Ice cream so cheap I can taste ice particles through it, cheap cotties chocolate topping (aka corn syrup), biscuit bullshit with no flavour. The quality of ice cream in all the flavours is just terrible. Thin watery crap.

I just keep buying these crap flavours trying to find some sort of nicety to them. But alas they are just too cheap and overpriced to enjoy.

http://shop.coles.com.au/wcsstore/Coles-CAS/images/1/7/4/1749674.jpg

I can't speak about home brand ice cream but I used to work for a company that supplied home brand goodes to Coles and Woolworths (we just attached their labels) and the product we supplied them was higher quality than the named brands, they just bought the stuff in obscene quantities which significantly lowered the cost and eliminating a lot of the middle-men reduced the overall cost.

It is interesting that some home brands are noticeably inferior, would be interesting to produce a list of which products are as good as named brands and which and which are inferior.

It is interesting that some home brands are noticeably inferior, would be interesting to produce a list of which products are as good as named brands and which and which are inferior.

Home brand stuff is pretty much always a gamble. Some of it is perfectly good if not better than the alternatives, others just flat out awful. Unfortunately the only way to find out is suck it and see.

Haha mate how much ice cream do you have to eat and how bored do you have to be to try every single flavour of Coles ice cream and then keep going? :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should try the coles branded kfc....holy ****.

One should never cheap out on ice cream. It is a gift not a privilege :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back