Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Y'all should take a gander at Shadow Tactics, very similar to the older Commando/Badlands games.

Just came out.

BE THE NINJA YOU ALWAYS KNEW YOU COULD BE!

Anyone playing Overwatch? Finally picked it up on PC after seeing the Origins Edition for $49 at JB.

Pretty excellent so far, fairly steep learning curve though.

I'm still playing Battlefield, looking to get into The Witcher expansion packs soon. Next year looks like there will be some good games coming out. Red dead 2 (hopefully) South Park, horizon zero dawn, crash bandicoot remastered. Plus the Switch looks pretty awesome. Going to see the reviews on it first but I would love to play the new Zelda.

I'm still playing Battlefield, looking to get into The Witcher expansion packs soon. Next year looks like there will be some good games coming out. Red dead 2 (hopefully) South Park, horizon zero dawn, crash bandicoot remastered. Plus the Switch looks pretty awesome. Going to see the reviews on it first but I would love to play the new Zelda.
I've already decided I'm getting the switch. Have a feeling that Nvidia is going to go all out on the chip they use in it to try and pinch some business from ATI with Sony or Microsofts next gen consoles. Scored $275 in JB vouchers for Xmas and put away $300 from my Xmas bonus so I'll have a total of $575 in March when it's launched to pick up the console, and extra controller and hopefully a few games too.

Speaking of The Witcher, I am currently beta playing Gwent , the card game from the Witcher series. Not too bad compared to Magic the Gathering or HeartStone. Certainly works a bit differently as it is a best of 3 with 1 hand only....
Battlefield I have only played for the free beta weekend. Like Verdun only with a lot more gadgets and powered up weapons. Not worth spending a lot of money on watch bunny hoppers with shot guns.
The game I looking forward to is For Honor. Anyone who has played Chivalry must love this one.

I've already decided I'm getting the switch. Have a feeling that Nvidia is going to go all out on the chip they use in it to try and pinch some business from ATI with Sony or Microsofts next gen consoles. Scored $275 in JB vouchers for Xmas and put away $300 from my Xmas bonus so I'll have a total of $575 in March when it's launched to pick up the console, and extra controller and hopefully a few games too.
Might wait for a little review from you Apex, when it comes out :)

Speaking of The Witcher, I am currently beta playing Gwent , the card game from the Witcher series. Not too bad compared to Magic the Gathering or HeartStone. Certainly works a bit differently as it is a best of 3 with 1 hand only....
Battlefield I have only played for the free beta weekend. Like Verdun only with a lot more gadgets and powered up weapons. Not worth spending a lot of money on watch bunny hoppers with shot guns.
The game I looking forward to is For Honor. Anyone who has played Chivalry must love this one.
Played many hours of gwent. Loved it. Is there beta for PS4 yet? Only noticed it was for Xbox and PC a couple of weeks ago.

Just checked out the trailer to For Honor. Looks good. Really loved playing Middle of Earth when I first got the PS4, great sword wielding game. Have to keep on eye out of that one.

What's the best shooter outside of battlefield atm? Need one and I've never liked battlefield
What type are you after?
Multiplayer or single?
Combined arms or just guns.
Free to play?
Realism, sci fi setting?
PC or...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Multiplayer, I only get enjoyment in killing real people.
Yep I get that. Although bunny hopping kiddies and their lame chat messages are not really my cup of tea.
I tend to play the more adult/ harder games that don't involve airstrikes, shotguns and any other arcade like features.
Massive MP or squad based like Rainbow Six and the like?
If you can wait a few weeks Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 comes out. MultiPlay of 1 and 2 was pretty intense. Nothing like a good head shot.

What's the best shooter outside of battlefield atm? Need one and I've never liked battlefield

Have a look at Overwatch, it's a class based shooter like team fortress but I myself am heavily addicted to it, great game and worth the $60 odd bucks - if you don't want to shell out money for it there is another very similar class based shooter that is F2P on steam called paladins, it's not as good as overwatch but it's still ok

How can you not like Battlefield?! :'(
It's incredible.
It's too slow paced for me. I use to play cod like an absolute madman, run out in the open and shoot every one I saw until I died then rinse and repeat. Use to go nuts in domination capturing bases etc I just love fast paced games more. The last cod was pretty bad so I didn't get the latest. I lose interested in slow paced games I think I might have ADD.

Haven't played it but a lot of people talking up Titanfall 2. Cheap ATM too think I saw it at Target for $37.
Yeah I loved TF1 mainly because of capture the flag but there was like only 50 people in Australia playing it so hard to get a game and I heard there is even less playing CTF in TF2

Have a look at Overwatch, it's a class based shooter like team fortress but I myself am heavily addicted to it, great game and worth the $60 odd bucks - if you don't want to shell out money for it there is another very similar class based shooter that is F2P on steam called paladins, it's not as good as overwatch but it's still ok
I played the beta and didn't really like it, at first I did like it but the robot that sits in corners as a turret seemed really op

Nintendo switch launch date announced as March 3rd :thumbsu:
Zelda will be a launch title :thumbsu:
RRP is $470.00 :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Damn it. I was so primed to grab one on launch day, but I'm struggling to justify spending that kind of money. I have $575 to spend, and was hoping to get the system, a game or two and an extra controller, but at that price I'll barely be able to get the console and 1 game :mad:

Nintendo switch launch date announced as March 3rd :thumbsu:
Zelda will be a launch title :thumbsu:
RRP is $470.00 :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Damn it. I was so primed to grab one on launch day, but I'm struggling to justify spending that kind of money. I have $575 to spend, and was hoping to get the system, a game or two and an extra controller, but at that price I'll barely be able to get the console and 1 game :mad:

Be a very long Time before I even think of Buying it.

$470 seems a Rip Off

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back