Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Man $470 is big. Most were predicting $350 so I think it will turn people off until the price comes down.
The predictions were $250-300 USD which =$350-400 AUD. Unfortunately Australia seems to get slugged with a '**** you' tax on every console, despite the tariffs on Japanese electronics supposedly being removed by the government, so $470 isn't far off what I expected when the $299 USD price was announced. I was expecting $450.

My biggest issue now is my patience. I keep telling myself to wait until a good value bundle gets released, but then I keep rewatching possibly the best game trailer I've ever seen, and my willpower crumbles...

The predictions were $250-300 USD which =$350-400 AUD. Unfortunately Australia seems to get slugged with a '**** you' tax on every console, despite the tariffs on Japanese electronics supposedly being removed by the government, so $470 isn't far off what I expected when the $299 USD price was announced. I was expecting $450.

My biggest issue now is my patience. I keep telling myself to wait until a good value bundle gets released, but then I keep rewatching possibly the best game trailer I've ever seen, and my willpower crumbles...

Yeah my biggest problem is Zelda would be the only game I would play on release and then once you finish you probably have to wait a while for Mario or anything else decent to come out. So I guess for me $470 is a little bit out of the question. Keeps adding up if you want to get a pro controller and even an extra normal controller. You're looking at $600.

But anyway, I was looking at the 10 minute video of Zelda and it just looks so awesome.

Preordered a switch and Zelda at JB today. I have no willpower.

I console (pun intended) myself with the knowledge that it will be paid for with vouchers from Xmas and my birthday rather than my own money :D

I console (pun intended) myself with the knowledge that it will be paid for with vouchers from Xmas and my birthday rather than my own money :D

You must have so Spare Cash to Go and Buy it both the Console and Game. Be around $400 for Both?

What do you think will happen to Nintendo of the Switch is a flop?

Could we see Mario on PlayStation in the future?

You must have so Spare Cash to Go and Buy it both the Console and Game. Be around $400 for Both?
Re-read my post mate, specifically:
And for both the retail cost is $558.00. You might be getting confused with the US and Aus pricing. US price for the console is $299 + tax ($440 AUD)

What do you think will happen to Nintendo of the Switch is a flop?

Could we see Mario on PlayStation in the future?
I don't think it will be a flop TBH. Nintendo have played this launch smarter than the Wii U launch (although there are things they could have still done a lot better). They've allocated 2 million units for launch alone, which is roughly the same that PS4 and Xbox sold in their first month or 2, and they're reportedly close to being sold out already after less than a week of preorders being made available. In the US in particular it's already nearly impossible to get a switch on preorder for launch day.

They've also clearly differentiated the system from the Wii, which is another thing that held the Wii U back imo, with the Wii U sounding like it was just going to be a slightly upgraded Wii.

Lastly, they're staggering their major titles rather than releasing them all at launch. Zelda at launch, Splatoon in August, Mario in November, and a bunch of 3rd party titles to be launched over the course of 2017 will see interest in the system maintained over a longer course of time. A Mario Switch bundle leading in to Xmas in particular will sell a shitload imo.

It's a really appealing system on so many levels, because it switches to handheld mode so seamlessly. Allows people to play a console game on the way to work on the train, entertain kids on flights, in my case it allows me to be able to hang out in the same room as my wife and play footsies while she watches her garbage reality tv shows without me wanting to kill myself. I've never been particularly attracted to getting a DS because I feel like they're so limited compared to a genuine console, but a switch gives me the best of both worlds. And if I'm going to be honest, a system that doubles as a handheld and comes with 2 controllers for $469 at launch is actually relatively reasonably priced the more I think about it. It's probably $20-30 more expensive than in the US when tax is taken in to account, so it's not like we're being completely ripped off in that respect. And it's certainly cheaper than the PS4 and Xbox were at launch, which both come with 1 controller and a lot less flexibility.

TLDR: Mario on the PlayStation is about as likely as Sega releasing a new console.

Re-read my post mate, specifically:

And for both the retail cost is $558.00. You might be getting confused with the US and Aus pricing. US price for the console is $299 + tax ($440 AUD)

You must really be a Fan of This to Shell out that Much

You must really be a Fan of This to Shell out that Much
I'm a fan of Zelda. I enjoy Mario Kart, Mario games and a few other Nintendo titles too, but Zelda is the kicker for me. I would have seriously contemplated getting a Wii U if Breath of the Wild had been launched 12 months ago, but as it stands I completely skipped the system, which is unusual for me.
The real appeal for me though is that it allows me to spend time in the same room as my wife, which doesn't happen much currently, with her hating cricket and me hating pretty much all the trash tv she enjoys, and there are actually games like Mario Kart which she enjoys and will play with me. Finding ways to spend more time with the person I love the most is much more important than saving a few $$$ given we don't get a whole lot of free time together as it is with 2 small children and work occupying so much of our time.

I don't think it will be a flop TBH. Nintendo have played this launch smarter than the Wii U launch (although there are things they could have still done a lot better). They've allocated 2 million units for launch alone, which is roughly the same that PS4 and Xbox sold in their first month or 2, and they're reportedly close to being sold out already after less than a week of preorders being made available. In the US in particular it's already nearly impossible to get a switch on preorder for launch day.

They've also clearly differentiated the system from the Wii, which is another thing that held the Wii U back imo, with the Wii U sounding like it was just going to be a slightly upgraded Wii.

Lastly, they're staggering their major titles rather than releasing them all at launch. Zelda at launch, Splatoon in August, Mario in November, and a bunch of 3rd party titles to be launched over the course of 2017 will see interest in the system maintained over a longer course of time. A Mario Switch bundle leading in to Xmas in particular will sell a shitload imo.

It's a really appealing system on so many levels, because it switches to handheld mode so seamlessly. Allows people to play a console game on the way to work on the train, entertain kids on flights, in my case it allows me to be able to hang out in the same room as my wife and play footsies while she watches her garbage reality tv shows without me wanting to kill myself. I've never been particularly attracted to getting a DS because I feel like they're so limited compared to a genuine console, but a switch gives me the best of both worlds. And if I'm going to be honest, a system that doubles as a handheld and comes with 2 controllers for $469 at launch is actually relatively reasonably priced the more I think about it. It's probably $20-30 more expensive than in the US when tax is taken in to account, so it's not like we're being completely ripped off in that respect. And it's certainly cheaper than the PS4 and Xbox were at launch, which both come with 1 controller and a lot less flexibility.

TLDR: Mario on the PlayStation is about as likely as Sega releasing a new console.
Yeah I guess Nintendo always sell. And probably always will regardless. I just thought it was interesting to read that people thought that if it was a flop maybe Nintendo should look at selling to Microsoft and Sony.

It's funny looking at the price it's roughly the same as the PlayStation pro, with an extra controller and a game. When you compare it to that it's fine.

Sega releasing a new console now that would be fun.

Yeah I guess Nintendo always sell. And probably always will regardless. I just thought it was interesting to read that people thought that if it was a flop maybe Nintendo should look at selling to Microsoft and Sony.

It's funny looking at the price it's roughly the same as the PlayStation pro, with an extra controller and a game. When you compare it to that it's fine.

Sega releasing a new console now that would be fun.
Nah the PS4 pro is still around $550 I think, so the Switch is defs cheaper.

I don't think that Nintendo would ever sell to sony, and definitely not Microsoft. Microsoft have next to no presence in the Japanese market. If the Switch flops then I could see them taking the same road as Sega and just being a software developer, but I'm pretty confident that it won't happen, especially given that Nintendo is the dominant force in the handheld market still. For mine, the switch is as innovative as the original Wii, and I expect it to perform very well.

I'm a fan of Zelda. I enjoy Mario Kart, Mario games and a few other Nintendo titles too, but Zelda is the kicker for me. I would have seriously contemplated getting a Wii U if Breath of the Wild had been launched 12 months ago, but as it stands I completely skipped the system, which is unusual for me.
The real appeal for me though is that it allows me to spend time in the same room as my wife, which doesn't happen much currently, with her hating cricket and me hating pretty much all the trash tv she enjoys, and there are actually games like Mario Kart which she enjoys and will play with me. Finding ways to spend more time with the person I love the most is much more important than saving a few $$$ given we don't get a whole lot of free time together as it is with 2 small children and work occupying so much of our time.

Being able to sit with you Wife is Lovely thing it can do and Be a Family More just be super Nice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah the PS4 pro is still around $550 I think, so the Switch is defs cheaper.

I don't think that Nintendo would ever sell to sony, and definitely not Microsoft. Microsoft have next to no presence in the Japanese market. If the Switch flops then I could see them taking the same road as Sega and just being a software developer, but I'm pretty confident that it won't happen, especially given that Nintendo is the dominant force in the handheld market still. For mine, the switch is as innovative as the original Wii, and I expect it to perform very well.

Nintendo is not the Biggest Home Console but It's easily the Best Handheld Console around

mike123 from memory you were looking forward to Zelda and you have a Wii U? It's being released on both systems on the 3rd of March.
Yeah I am though I wait to see some switch wii u comparisons to see whether its worth just saving up for a Switch and getting it on that.

I think I'll save up
Probably a good idea. From the videos I've seen load times are less than half on the switch too because it's cartridge based. One comparison had the load screen on the switch at 13 seconds and 29 on the Wii U!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back