News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

The good news, glass half full, is we are getting Wrighty to the Club in about 4-5 months, rather than sitting here going how did we let him leave.
My biggest concern will be what happens with Leppa & Bolton when Wright returns. Not sure they'll be wanting to return to their assistant roles & they are the ones we appear to have missed most during the football season than Wright imo.

My biggest concern will be what happens with Leppa & Bolton when Wright returns. Not sure they'll be wanting to return to their assistant roles & they are the ones we appear to have missed most during the football season than Wright imo.
Hey ElliottsMaggies where are you watching the game tonight?
Home or at The Royal?

I'm ok with them moving on if that's what they decide to do.

They're too senior anyway to be assistants (IMO) and we got very lucky to have them hang around.

I never saw them as long term options. Felt they were mostly there to help Fly settle in.
We should be looking to rotate assistants.
As we saw with Bucks what it can look like when they overstay....

I think Leppa won’t sit still for too long, he is probably being chased for other opportunities on the back of last year.

Not sure with Bolts

I think Leppa won’t sit still for too long, he is probably being chased for other opportunities on the back of last year.

Not sure with Bolts
Yeah I'm not expecting both of them to stay.. can't see how they'll both get the opportunities & promotion they are after within the club if/when Wright returns. Seems like too many bosses.

Hopefully the assistant coaching sorts itself out this year. Because it doesn't seem to be clicking at the moment.

In the comfort of my own home so I can swear, yell, stomp, boo & cheer at will.

You?
Planning to do exactly the same at my place in Hepburn, unless you wanted to meet at the Royal and remind the tourists it’s our home!

Noble...the poor man's Jack Sinclair 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Age ran an article on the Mighty Collingwood Ground today.
Here’s a few of the pics.View attachment 1945404View attachment 1945405View attachment 1945406
That might be Barry Harrison annoying Ron Barassi 🤣👍- went with my father - bought tickets (seats) at the ground :) - Murray Weidemann featured in the news the week before the game - in a row boat on the Yarra with his then girlfriend - caption being "drifting and dreaming" - lots of heartache between then and the next flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back