Roast Combined "We are terrible" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're shooting off random opinions without attempting to support them, and expecting them to carry weight. Excuse me if im not won over.

What support do you want? Stats? Yeah cos they say everything even if they proved one way or another.. I have nothing against vb but his contribution is very little.. Sorry for saying so, i along with anyone else that thinks it must be wrong..

Crows98, i never said he's shit and we should delist.. I said he's poor and has been for a while.. Pre season or not, it's still true as you admitted by saying wait and see once next year comes.. However i'm talking about the here and now..

Re: Pathetic again.

I disagree, that occurrence has only come to the surface this season.

Collingwood home final ??? Its been a problem for years Even before Craigy was there we would play teams below us and lose.

And if we did not lose we would go into games as dead certs and have to fight it out to the bitter end

Re: Dumb Footballers

Do you understand how difficult it is to AFL football and how physically prepared someone has to be?

Missing a pre season may have something to do with NVB form decreasing. Give him a solid pre season and judge him on that.

I agree his back was still a concern late Jan

Re: Dumb Footballers

And what do you think may have slowed his development in the past two seasons?

Injury??

I'm not at all convinced that his back problems are not still giving him all sorts of trouble. He strikes me as the sort of bloke who would never hide behind injuries, bit I'm sure his back continues to be a factor.

out of 10?? what do I get?

Collingwood home final ??? Its been a problem for years Even before Craigy was there we would play teams below us and lose.

And if we did not lose we would go into games as dead certs and have to fight it out to the bitter end

Look, i think we’re going to have to agree with disagree but IMO (at best) the Collingwood final last year was a 50/50 game. Maybe we could go back to the 2004 season and under Gary Ayres that was the case but under NC, teams we were supposed to beat...we did. Only game off the top of my head we lost where we were supposed to win was the 05 semi against St Kilda and a few games in WA.

Taking nothing away from Richmond or Port Adelaide but our form suggested we would be a walk up start to win both games – but as we know, they didn’t happen. So we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Well I guess the 13 scoring shots to 1 in the 2nd Quarter sums it up. We kicked 4-9 to 1 goal. That isnt including the shots that went out of bounds on the full. Its pathetic. So I think we had 15 scoring shots to 1 in the 2nd. Should have resulted in a 60 point lead.

Symes - People pick on him too much. Today he had 30 touches, 8 contested, 4 tackles. He gets the ball, he knows when to run into space. Yes, his kicking is ordinary at times and is prone to hit an air ball now and then. Last week he had 24 contested possessions, 10 contested. Now look at VBs game... This week he had 20 touches, 2 contested possessions, 1 tackle. Last week 19 touches, 3 contested, 5 tackles. Why arent people picking on VB? Symes has been useful the last few weeks, VB has been nothing but your run of the mill average 20 touch per game player.

Stevens - Yes, prefer Davis. Can only be one of Stevens or Bock in the side, and Davis is a must.

put NC and team on a performance based contract and they all would be @ Salvation army for welfare come Xmas

too many peaks and troughs for me to grasp wtf is going on AFC :confused:

Crows98, i never said he's shit and we should delist.. I said he's poor and has been for a while.. Pre season or not, it's still true as you admitted by saying wait and see once next year comes.. However i'm talking about the here and now..

Yeah, i understand. The point I’m and a few others are making is, AFL players only need to be 5% of their games or have a very slight niggle to disrupt or interrupted their pre season and that competiveness needed is lost.

Heres a photo taken just after the siren in todays terrible loss...

babyv.jpg

Yeah, i understand. The point I’m and a few others are making is, AFL players only need to be 5% of their games or have a very slight niggle to disrupt or interrupted their pre season and that competiveness needed is lost.

Yeah i know this but it doesn't change the fact he hasn't been too good.. That's all i said.. To a degree, you cross the line and you're ready to go.. Others don't have a good preparation and do perform.. Porps (love the guy) has not performed this year and has been in and out of the side.. Pre season issues yes, but he hasn't performed..

The club obviously didn't think : oh poor guy, he had no pre season so let's not drop him.. You still gotta perform.. Yes it's unfortunate about the pre season though..

Look, i think we’re going to have to agree with disagree but IMO (at best) the Collingwood final last year was a 50/50 game. Maybe we could go back to the 2004 season and under Gary Ayres that was the case but under NC, teams we were supposed to beat...we did. Only game off the top of my head we lost where we were supposed to win was the 05 semi against St Kilda and a few games in WA.

Taking nothing away from Richmond or Port Adelaide but our form suggested we would be a walk up start to win both games – but as we know, they didn’t happen. So we’ll have to agree to disagree.

The Collingwood final i was talking about was this one

Code:
Elimination Final 
Collingwood   4.3   7.6  14.9 19.11  125 Sat 06-Sep-2008 2:00 PM (2:30 PM) Att:37,685 Venue: Football Park 
     Adelaide   2.2   9.6  11.7 14.10  94 Collingwood won by 31 pts

Ill do some research and come up with some facts but we lose to many games when we are Fav

Yeah i know this but it doesn't change the fact he hasn't been too good.. That's all i said.. To a degree, you cross the line and you're ready to go.. Others don't have a good preparation and do perform.. Porps (love the guy) has not performed this year and has been in and out of the side.. Pre season issues yes, but he hasn't performed..

The club obviously didn't think : oh poor guy, he had no pre season so let's not drop him.. You still gotta perform.. Yes it's unfortunate about the pre season though..

Fair enough – i guess when it comes to the AFC, we all see players differently. I know i do.

The Collingwood final i was talking about was this one

Code:
Elimination Final 
Collingwood   4.3   7.6  14.9 19.11  125 Sat 06-Sep-2008 2:00 PM (2:30 PM) Att:37,685 Venue: Football Park 
     Adelaide   2.2   9.6  11.7 14.10  94 Collingwood won by 31 pts

Ill do some research and come up with some facts but we lose to many games when we are Fav[/QUOTE]

Forgot about that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What support do you want? Stats? Yeah cos they say everything even if they proved one way or another.. I have nothing against vb but his contribution is very little.. Sorry for saying so, i along with anyone else that thinks it must be wrong..

I want you to present a coherent case.

As far as 'well i heard other people saying it so it must be true', thankyou for being an example of exactly the type of crap ive been talking about.

Our last quarters are not good either

Code:
RND 1
Fremantle   2.5   9.9 12.11 17.16  118  
Adelaide    2.3   4.3   9.4   9.8      62

RND 3
Melbourne   1.5   1.8  5.11  7.15  57  
Adelaide      2.5   4.9  5.10  5.11  41 

RND 6
Adelaide         4.2   7.7  9.10 10.14  74 
Port Adelaide   4.1   6.4   8.9 14.13  97 

RND 10
St Kilda   5.1   7.2  12.7  19.9  123 
Adelaide   2.1   7.2  11.4  12.4  76 

RND 12
Hawthorn   7.2   9.3  13.4 19.10  124 
Adelaide     2.3   6.6   9.8 11.11  77

And Today in all these games at 3/4 time and we just fade out with out a yelp

I want you to present a coherent case.

As far as 'well i heard other people saying it so it must be true', thankyou for being an example of exactly the type of crap ive been talking about.

And thank you for being an example of someone with rose coloured glasses that has their little favourites they just adore like their favourite teddy bear and how dare anyone say they're maybe not playing so well!!

Our last quarters are not good either

Code:
RND 1
Fremantle   2.5   9.9 12.11 17.16  118  
Adelaide    2.3   4.3   9.4   9.8      62

RND 3
Melbourne   1.5   1.8  5.11  7.15  57  
Adelaide      2.5   4.9  5.10  5.11  41 

RND 6
Adelaide         4.2   7.7  9.10 10.14  74 
Port Adelaide   4.1   6.4   8.9 14.13  97 

RND 10
St Kilda   5.1   7.2  12.7  19.9  123 
Adelaide   2.1   7.2  11.4  12.4  76 

RND 12
Hawthorn   7.2   9.3  13.4 19.10  124 
Adelaide     2.3   6.6   9.8 11.11  77

And Today in all these games at 3/4 time and we just fade out with out a yelp

And there've been 4th quarters where we've finished well: Richmond (Home), North Melbourne, Brisbane, Freo, Melbourne (Home) and West Coast.

This leads to the obvious conclusion that we've been inconsistent in 4th quarters, therefore has translated to our disappointing season.

I dont mind discussing actual outlined criticisms. It seems you're incapable of actually identifying any issues though.

'Player x is shit'
'Why?'
'Because he is'
'Yeah, but what specifically do you think is shit?'
'Hes shit'
'Uh.... so anything at all'
'My dad says hes shit'.

Rinse and repeat.

I dont mind discussing actual outlined criticisms. It seems you're incapable of actually identifying any issues though.

'Player x is shit'
'Why?'
'Because he is'
'Yeah, but what specifically do you think is shit?'
'Hes shit'
'Uh.... so anything at all'
'My dad says hes shit'.

Rinse and repeat.

I didn't carry on like what you've said above, nice try mr arrogant..
What do you not understand about he is not playing well? You think i'm going to sit here on a sunday night and draw up a spreadsheet of outlined criticisms and positives? Most games i seriously forget he's even playing, that's how much influence he is having.. I'm not wasting my time with this when you're clearly blinded by your love for him..

No its pretty much all youve done.

That and repeat 'rose coloured glasses' and other cop outs when called out on it.

Oh damn, you called me out on it.. You got me.. Van berlo has just ripped the competition up this year..

Enjoy your victory? Lol at some people on this board.. You have to back up a comment that someone has struggled with an in depth dissection and essay.. Graham? Cornesy? That you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back