Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Release Date: 25/6/2013

Who else will be getting this? The first one is easily one of the best RTS Games I've ever played (along with Empire Earth), and so far, this one looks the goods. Smokey for Game of the Year?

Release Date: 25/6/2013

Who else will be getting this? The first one is easily one of the best RTS Games I've ever played (along with Empire Earth), and so far, this one looks the goods. Smokey for Game of the Year?

Will definitely be getting this - need to build a new PC first though. Not sure if it can win Game of the year being an RTS but CoH is easily one of the best RTS of all time. Relic would be nearly the best RTS developers in the business.

Also hanging out for Rome Total War 2.

So pumped!!! Played CoH for ages online. Great game!!!

• Banned
Will definitely get this, but for the meantime still playing the first one. Awesome game.
I'd love to still be playing the first one, but owning it on Steam, I had the misfortune of installing the new Sega version, and it's an absolute load of garbage. Can't play the old one anymore either.

Anybody play this first one online still? i'm looking to get it after seeing this trailer looks like a solid RTS game.

• Banned
Anybody play this first one online still? i'm looking to get it after seeing this trailer looks like a solid RTS game.
They recently updated it on Steam to include the Sega logo along with numerous changes to the online servers, and in doing so, turned the game into a bug ridden mess. Not sure they've fixed it yet.

Otherwise, it's an awesome game, well worth the price.

i've bought the Anthology pack for 20 bucks so i think i'm in good hands for a while. Should be able to play it thursday

So i've recieved my copy of Company of Heroes: Anthology, installed and ready to rock however when i go to play it comes up saying 'Please place Gold Edition CD in' yet i've only got the one disc? any ideas?

So i've recieved my copy of Company of Heroes: Anthology, installed and ready to rock however when i go to play it comes up saying 'Please place Gold Edition CD in' yet i've only got the one disc? any ideas?

Is there a patch you can download? The authentication could be bugged or looking for a different version or something along those lines. I'm sure they wouldn't have left it like that.

Extremely confusing.. i've also found that a large number of people have had trouble with the Anthology edition. There's two activation codes and after uninstalling it i used the other code, as a result i can now reach the menu of Tales of Valour, but no sign of original Company of heroes or Opposing Fronts. Confusing confusing

And the patches to not install at all, i cannot create a online account yadayada i dunno what im doing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you have to just type in another code? I might be wrong, but when I got CoH it was the edition with all the expansions (the Anthology one) and it only had the one disc, so when prompted just typed in key codes.

i've got two codes, one works and loads up Tales of Valor whilst the other code tells me to 'Place Gold Edition CD in' I've done abit of research and appears as if alot of people are having trouble with this.

I've given this a fair run and it's such a massive disappointment considering the amount of time I've put in to the COH and enjoying its simplicity and action.
Unfortunately it gets a thumbs down and the fact you can't just play a simple AI 1-on-1 is very unacceptable!

Do ya need a much faster computer to run this game compared to the first edition? Thanks.

Got given this as a present for my bday last weekend but haven't gotten round to installing it yet. Just built a pc and have a huge backlog of games to play lol.

Was looking into getting this game and saw the horrendous use scores on metacritic. Came across this whole massive Russian backlash against the game, driven by this BadComedian dude. Basically he has torn Relic a new one. Quite interesting.

The backlash against Company of Heroes 2 began on YouTube, with a scathing review by Russian entertainer TheBadComedian. Over the course of a 30-minute video, the comic provides a detailed, sarcastic critique of the game’s singleplayer campaign, which is marked by its depictions of brutal Red Army tactics. He also repeatedly compares the Relic development team to Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels.
As the video gained more hits and more attention, Russian gamers turned to the game’s “User Reviews” page on Metacritic, flooding it with 0/10 scores and angry complaints. “This game is full of lies, it corrupts the truth about greatest heroism of our grandparents,” wrote one. Another particularly irate gamer created an online petition, asking that the game be banned in the CIS, a group of countries that includes Russia and several other former Soviet republics.

http://www.gamefront.com/company-of-heroes-2-russian/

anyone playing this still? I love this RTS genre and cant get enough atm.

Actually re-downloaded it recently because I was keen to run through the campaign again after I have been binging on WW2 stories and docos. Outside of strategy games like Hearts of Iron, Company of Heroes is the closest I can get to something a bit more authentic. Would love to see another CoH!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back