Analysis Comparison in crowd figures between Suns and Titans

Choppers

Club Legend
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I had to spend 2 yrs back in Aust to satisfy the government 2012-13 and I went to quite a few games at Metricon while I was there and the bl**dy bus to Nerang after the game was a problem then.......are you saying nothing's changed in 7 years....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Bods

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Both Dew/Brennan are selling a story to the supporters that despite the losses and ladder positions that the fans should be happy with the effort of the teams.
I can tell you that Suns Fans are dealing with that narrative much better than the Titans fans.
The drums are beating well and truly for Brennan’s head whereas Suns fans respect and have affection for Dew.

SUNS

#Firethecannons
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning
Both Dew/Brennan are selling a story to the supporters that despite the losses and ladder positions that the fans should be happy with the effort of the teams.
I can tell you that Suns Fans are dealing with that narrative much better than the Titans fans.
The drums are beating well and truly for Brennan’s head whereas Suns fans respect and have affection for Dew.
Are Titans in a similar spot rebuild wise? Obviously they don't have the draft system we do, but young talent wise, do they have as much promise?

Mr Bods

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Are Titans in a similar spot rebuild wise? Obviously they don't have the draft system we do, but young talent wise, do they have as much promise?
Not at all. The Titans were also wooden spoon favourite pre-season but there was a lot more optimism that they’d outperform the odds. They have a much better list than the Suns.
In terms of young talent well a huge issue since 1988 when the Giants came in was our talent was taken by the Drongoes and everyone else BUT this year the Titans started the TEDS program and it’s affect in stopping that drain of junior talent has been amazing.

SUNS

#Firethecannons
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning
So basically an equivalent of our Academy system? Do kids going through that program become untouchable to other clubs?

Mr Bods

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So basically an equivalent of our Academy system? Do kids going through that program become untouchable to other clubs?
With Rugby League you need to put up money and incentives no matter the age or location.
The amount of money that the Drongoes give kids is mind boggling.

The TEDS program has meant we are starting to maintain Just a few of the best talent rather than the Drongoes rejects

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom