Congrats Beau Waters :) - 2014 Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

For those interested, this article has a great summary of the awesome work Beau's done :)

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-08-06/waters-a-community-award-finalist

I knew about some of the stuff, but most of it is new to me. Basically he's been the Cancer Council WA Ambassador for about 10 years and has raised about $1 million dollars for cancer research. He's also a part of the Youth Focus board, the Young Men’s Project Committee, a regular Camp Quality volunteer and fund-raiser and a committee member of the WA Healthy Awards

Worthy recipient of the award. He's had a lot of time off the field to give back to the community but his the kind of guy who would have still given back to the community even if fully fit for every game. Spoke well also. Great leader.

When they said Kade Simpson has raised 30k then Beau Waters and the Eagles over a million knew we had it in the bag lol....in all seriousness great stuff by Beau and the club. 2 awards in one night, we'll take it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Beau, would prefer to see you on the ground but glad to see our club's post-2007 approach to player development and community involvement is starting to pay off in more well-rounded and healthier individuals doing outstanding things off the field in addition to being on it.

Great to see Beau acknowledged for his fantastic community work. He certainly doesn't do it for the glory but it should be known by all the terrific work he does. Champion bloke who brings so much to our great club outside of his work on the ground.

We absolutely cleaned up Brownlow night. Who would have thought.

Congrats Beau, well deserved.

In a huge night for the West Coast Eagles, this was an award that was thoroughly deserved. I love hearing about the work Beau Waters does in the community and helping out the next generation while he's had to battle hard to get over his injuries. A selfless award for a fantastic man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back