Prediction John Worsfold Medal / Awards night Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

UseR2006

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Didn't see a spot to discuss the Best and Fairest and the other awards. Since it's on tomorrow night (02/09 7pm AWST / 9pm AEST)

For mine I can only see 4 clear front runners for the B&F
  • Oscar Allen
  • Bailey Williams
  • Tim Kelly
  • Liam Duggan

Everyone else will round out the other spots.

The real competition though is going to be for the Emerging Talent. We actually have some serious competition in this space now.
Longy, Ginbey, Hewett, Maric.

Will also be interesting to hear from Simmo for the first time since he was re-confirmed by the board.

1693665208346-png.1792745

1693665270836-png.1792748

Last edited:

TK for the main award. Like the Hunt shout but I would expect him to finish no higher than fifth after TK, Oscar, BBW and Duggan.

Ginbey for the emerging talent. Long had a very good debut season and looks like a potential match winner but Ginbey had some big games in the first half of the year. Hough came home strong in the back half.

Top 10: Kelly, Allen, Williams, daylight, Duggan, Hunt, Hough, Witherden, Gaff, Ginbey, Darling

Some of those just in there because they played 20+ games (not mentioning any names)

Emerging Talent: Ginbey ahead of Long and Hewett

Best Clubman: NicNat

Beagles B&F: Josh Browne

Leading goalscorer: probably Allen, I reckon

Hewett already banked the BSD award.
The club broke tradition and gave it to him after his first goal, rather than end of season.
Understandably, WCE doesn't make this award public, but it's a real thing..kinda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly
Allen
Duggan
Williams
Hunt

Ginbey best new player and will also be in top 10

Best clubman - Waterman
That is very good.
Duggan/Williams only ? wrt how club does voting, unsure
Would be happy for Bailey to get rewarded for his work, often punching above his weight & playing sore. Been immense.
But won't be down on Duggo, he cops alot on here, hold him in high regard. Playing sore, Duggan same boat as BW
Both worthy IMHO

Couple of smokies I think might poll well enough to make the top 10...
Petch - Had a great year especially when moved through the middle.
Witherden - Played 20 games and has been pretty consistant down back in a back 6 that has been flogged all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back