Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair bit to unpack in this
• Michael Regan, an analytics expert working at Port for the last 2 years, has emerged as a serious contender for the list management role
• Decision expected this week and announced next week with Regan to be at least one of two final interviews
• Matthew Clarke from Richmond is considered to still be in the race but it’s unclear if there are any others
• There were at least 6 interviews last week before the field was narrowed
• Justin Reid (Adelaide) was approached but not interested
• Caruso (GWS) and Keane (Sydney) have both ruled themselves out
• Clarke and Regan have different skill sets but both have large sections of the criteria covered so it will depend on what the club considers more important- analytics or recruiting
• Article points out that neither have a lot of experience negotiating contracts with player managers
• The last part concentrates on what is described as significant behind the scenes changes proceeding at pace under Pyke’s leadership
• Kieran Jack’s new role is mentioned as not being focused on football, but not being excluded from it either. Also mentioned is that Pyke wasn’t directly involved due to any Sydney connection but that the club reached out to Jack when they heard he was moving to Perth with his family
• One recruiter, Greg Hyde, who had been working part time with the club for 30 years has moved on to concentrate on his business outside football after being offered a revised role
• Trevor Woodhouse is continuing in the short term but in a revised role scouting the WAFL
• Todd Nisbett is also considered an outside chance of securing the list manager position

For what it's worth Regan has been at Port for the last 9 years (not 2 as the article states) and comes from a background including time in the US heading up Catapult Sports.

Does this indicate that ROB was likely sacked?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd say he was nudged abit, but also suspect he is happy to have a lower profile/stress role as he's been around for ages and must want to retire soon. I suspect the Bombers role is a lead into semi-retirement, or semi-retirement itself.

He lives in Melbourne, so probably got talked into it by Vozzo to mentor Rosa.

Much better operator than Dodo to learn from.

They just need Woosha back.
lonely mood GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say he was nudged abit, but also suspect he is happy to have a lower profile/stress role as he's been around for ages and must want to retire soon. I suspect the Bombers role is a lead into semi-retirement, or semi-retirement itself.

Spot on.

It actually isnt healthy going from a high pressure job / environment straight into retirement.

Take a role elsewhere as a senior advisor and on the way pocket a few more dollars to pad out the super plan a bit more before your IP, experience and contacts loses value.

Spot on.

It actually isnt healthy going from a high pressure job / environment straight into retirement.

Take a role elsewhere as a senior advisor and on the way pocket a few more dollars to pad out the super plan a bit more before your IP, experience and contacts loses value.

Going to Essendon is like a long, drawn out torture that will lead to thoughts of suicide, drinking too much and potentially murdering significant parts of their board and powerbrokers.

I hope Craig hasn't sold a dream to Matty and ROB because the dream is a ******* nightmare.

Fair bit to unpack in this
• Michael Regan, an analytics expert working at Port for the last 2 years, has emerged as a serious contender for the list management role
• Decision expected this week and announced next week with Regan to be at least one of two final interviews
• Matthew Clarke from Richmond is considered to still be in the race but it’s unclear if there are any others
• There were at least 6 interviews last week before the field was narrowed
• Justin Reid (Adelaide) was approached but not interested
• Caruso (GWS) and Keane (Sydney) have both ruled themselves out
• Clarke and Regan have different skill sets but both have large sections of the criteria covered so it will depend on what the club considers more important- analytics or recruiting
• Article points out that neither have a lot of experience negotiating contracts with player managers
• The last part concentrates on what is described as significant behind the scenes changes proceeding at pace under Pyke’s leadership
• Kieran Jack’s new role is mentioned as not being focused on football, but not being excluded from it either. Also mentioned is that Pyke wasn’t directly involved due to any Sydney connection but that the club reached out to Jack when they heard he was moving to Perth with his family
• One recruiter, Greg Hyde, who had been working part time with the club for 30 years has moved on to concentrate on his business outside football after being offered a revised role
• Trevor Woodhouse is continuing in the short term but in a revised role scouting the WAFL
• Todd Nisbett is also considered an outside chance of securing the list manager position

MV5BMjI5MjAzOTE1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg3NzQ3Ng@@._V1_.jpg

I doubt it. He already lived in Melbourne full time, this sounds like he's moved to a passion job (straight out talent spotting) now that he's semi retired. If he's like the draft watchers on this board, he will be at games anyway, so might as well get paid for it.

There’s not really anything new or groundbreaking in this, just that some board members were seen leaving Lathlain at the same time Matthew Clarke was said to have been due to be interviewed

And that an announcement might come as soon as this weekend

Link to full article below

There’s not really anything new or groundbreaking in this, just that some board members were seen leaving Lathlain at the same time Matthew Clarke was said to have been due to be interviewed

And that an announcement might come as soon as this weekend

Link to full article below

Probably all attending the same lunch event.

Anyone know who replaced Daniel Pratt? It looks like it’s Webster but I don’t know if we actually added any new coaches?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back