News Don Pyke appointed next CEO commencing Jan 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Don Pyke now CEO.

Excellent news, first step in ensuring that the Club gets it swagger back.

yellowstone-john-dutton-never-that-s-great-idea-7t7gtwmi829ii4gn.gif 200w-2.gif

West Coast Eagles

@WestCoastEagles
·
6m

“I continually keep coming back to: how do we get better? That’s what I am focused on. We need to get ourselves into a space where we are competitive.” Pyke

West Coast Eagles

@WestCoastEagles
·
4m

“As much as I consider myself a part of West Coast, I have worked here for two years in the last twenty. I consider that I bring fresh eyes.” Pyke on connection to club

vince mcmahon GIF

Good get.

Let’s hope Nisbett’s exit is handled with the grace and dignity he most definitely deserves.

What an amazing figure at the club.

Should be on the AFL Commission ASAP.

Wholeheartedly agree - although the article makes it sound like he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon 🤣

“I am delighted that Don has been given this opportunity,” said Mr Nisbett, who has been the CEO for the last 25 years. “I look forward to working with Don through his assimilation for as long as I am required.”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wholeheartedly agree - although the article makes it sound like he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon 🤣

“I am delighted that Don has been given this opportunity,” said Mr Nisbett, who has been the CEO for the last 25 years. “I look forward to working with Don through his assimilation for as long as I am required.”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
"Assimilation"? Is he the Borg?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this mean maybe big Cox for us again in the near future!
The old saying it’s not what you know it’s who you know.

He would want the people he has trust with in his circle so can see folks he has worked with in the past joining the ranks

Maybe I am missing something but Nisbett was CEO when we had four flags and Pyke resigned partially (mostly?) due to the whole Collective Minds saga. And we complain about a boys club but we just appointed one of the boys...

Good luck to Don Pyke, hope he does well, but I am sceptical until we actually get deep into his tenure.

Maybe I am missing something but Nisbett was CEO when we had four flags and Pyke resigned partially (mostly?) due to the whole Collective Minds saga. And we complain about a boys club but we just appointed one of the boys...

Good luck to Don Pyke, hope he does well, but I am sceptical until we actually get deep into his tenure.
I thought the Collective Minds thing was more Burton and co. Pushing it that Pyke, from memory.

As Chris_6678 posted above Pyke mentioned he’s spent 2 years at the club in the last twenty - 2014/15 as an assistant coach

So he’s known to the club but hardly a part of its fabric

As for the collective minds stuff and that camp I’m looking at that as a lesson learned because he’s hardly likely to make that mistake again.

Couple that with 3 years at Sydney who are the gold standard of administration within the AFL and who’ve got someone with a very well rounded resume for a CEO

Which clown reported he rejected us, seriously the way the Eagles keep information is bloody amazing. No leaves

Only with an Intel is Ryan Daniels, who's probably the most respect jornos in the land
Craig Donohue I think

Yep you are missing something.

Pyke is a very well credentialed candidate,
sometime people can’t see the forrest for the 🌲 trees.

You post is very much this.

Be sceptical, now go over there and sit at the table for one. 😉 Drinks on me 🍻.

The rest of us want to revel in the moment as we are thrilled with the appointment.
We haven’t had much to get excited about at the Club for four years now.

So the prospect of next year having Pyke running the show and Harley Reid running around in the # 9 jumper excites most.

For a Club that once had a swagger about it, there is now a refresh to return us to our former glory.

Bring it on bitches.

Yep you are missing something.

Pyke is a very well credentialed candidate,
sometime people can’t see the forrest for the 🌲 trees.

You post is very much this.

Be sceptical, now go over there and sit at the table for one. 😉 Drinks on me 🍻.

The rest of us want to revel in the moment as we are thrilled with the appointment.
We haven’t had much to get excited about at the Club for four years now.

So the prospect of next year having Pyke running the show and Harley Reid running around in the # 9 jumper excites most.

For a Club that once had a swagger about it, there is now a refresh to return us to our former glory.

Bring it on bitches.
I expect Don to ask that he take up his old locker number 10.

A chance to add in some experience and work very closely with the new owner of locker number 9.

YARN | I think I feel a change in the wind, says I | Pirates ...

Whilst there have been a number of changes within the club and the list transition/rebuild beginning a few years ago the addition of Pyke now as CEO will bring a breathe of fresh air to the club.

Congratulations to Trev on his career as Eagles CEO he has overall done an outstanding job, however it was time for change and now a new era at the Eagles begins.

Also would like to congratulate the board who have been under enormous amounts of pressure in the back half of the year to stare the media and some sections of the supporter base down and make decisions for the Eagles that are in the best interests of the club, not decisions that sell papers, get clicks or make emotional “circuit breaker” decisions that buy some short term respite .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back