• Possibly 8th

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Given a decent run injury wise i think 8 wins is achievable.

In early 2023 it was looking half decent with only a few injuries. A narrow loss to an up and about NM in Clarko's first game as coach, a good win vs GWS and looked likely to win vs Freo before the injury carnage struck and it was pretty much all over at that point season wise.

The only silver lining from last year is that we got a lot of games into our young players so they should show some improvement next year.

A healthy list at the Beagles would help a lot as instead of last man standing type selections it will be a competitive environment where you have to earn a spot in the best 22.

If all goes extremely well I can see a finish between 10th & 13th. More likely is we will be bottom 4 again but with much more competitive games.

No 100 point floggings in 2024 please.

Given a decent run injury wise i think 8 wins is achievable.

In early 2023 it was looking half decent with only a few injuries. A narrow loss to an up and about NM in Clarko's first game as coach, a good win vs GWS and looked likely to win vs Freo before the injury carnage struck and it was pretty much all over at that point season wise.

The only silver lining from last year is that we got a lot of games into our young players so they should show some improvement next year.

A healthy list at the Beagles would help a lot as instead of last man standing type selections it will be a competitive environment where you have to earn a spot in the best 22.

Obviously flag.

However I would take greater availability of senior players where we’re competitive for finals up to the last month or so. But the next Gen leading the 2s to the finals

Hawks, LOLNorf and Tigers at home are the only 3 that I'm confident with that we'll start as favourites.

1 win in the first 12 games and then come home strong with 2 in the second half of the year.

Throw in 1 or 2 smokies that we won't be expected to win and we could get 4 to 5 wins and the percentage over 70. Top 2 draft pick will get us another piece for the midfield.

Hawks, LOLNorf and Tigers at home are the only 3 that I'm confident with that we'll start as favourites.

1 win in the first 12 games and then come home strong with 2 in the second half of the year.

Throw in 1 or 2 smokies that we won't be expected to win and we could get 4 to 5 wins and the percentage over 70. Top 2 draft pick will get us another piece for the midfield.
Hawks play Optus pretty well. They'll touch us up.

Hawks play Optus pretty well. They'll touch us up.

Played there 8 times - 3W/5L with one of those wins against Carlton in 2020

Played Fremantle 5 times for 1 win

Played us just twice for a win and a loss. Last time we played them at Optus was 2020. We won

I’m not talking about the loss

Played there 8 times - 3W/5L with one of those wins against Carlton in 2020

Played Fremantle 5 times for 1 win

Played us just twice for a win and a loss. Last time we played them at Optus was 2020. We won

I’m not talking about the loss
Hawthorn's win rate for the past 5 years is 36.5%.

3/8 is 37.5% ergo they play the oval pretty well for an away venue...

If all goes extremely well I can see a finish between 10th & 13th. More likely is we will be bottom 4 again but with much more competitive games.

No 100 point floggings in 2024 please.
This is probably unrealistic

I would think most bottom 3 teams have at least 1 or 2 floggings during the year

Would like to see 7 or 8 wins, but it's about being competitive at this stage and getting rid of the trash footy, get those worst performances to a better standard.

Won't be that bad if we won 4 or 5 but had a heap of good performances from youngsters.

I think this team is OK, not great, having Liam Ryan play a full season would be amazing to see. He is a game changer and hopefully another AA season coming up.

Expecting a 4 - 5 win season, the total obliterations a thing of the past, although I expect a couple of heavier away losses.

A significant shrinkage in the gap between our best and our worst.

The emergence of some of " us young boys " ( the kids in season 2- 4 ), to make a statement and to claim a few positions /roles as their own.

Simpson to play the players on merit of form, if he doesn't then he can just move on.

The whole joint to show a lot more panache under our new CEO.

Signs of a much more open and active Communications Team are encouraging and suggestive that changes in members and fans engagement, are in the wind.

Pleased and pleasantly surprised that we were in fact the FIRST team, this year, to announce the new jumper numbers assigned to our player, a welcomed change from generally being one of the last teams to do so.

This suggests that the Powers to Be, have finally " got it ", that the cone of silence treatment and tardy release of important information, thats been prevalent the last few years, has consequences, has been counter productive and only pisses off the fan base.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Signs of a much more open and active Communications Team are encouraging and suggestive that changes in members and fans engagement, are in the wind.

Pleased and pleasantly surprised that we were in fact the FIRST team, this year, to announce the new jumper numbers assigned to our player, a welcomed change from generally being one of the last teams to do so.

This suggests that the Powers to Be, have finally " got it ", that the cone of silence treatment and tardy release of important information, thats been prevalent the last few years, has consequences, has been counter productive and only pisses off the fan base.
The test will come with the release of the week by week injury list. If it contains some actual information it will be a big improvement.
We may even get a Sanchez smile.

This is probably unrealistic

I would think most bottom 3 teams have at least 1 or 2 floggings during the year
I didnt say we wont have floggings, cos i am sure we will. Just dont have any that are over 100 points.

I'm expecting 6-8 wins.
I think there will be games where we run over the top of teams and look amazing (especially at home), but I think with a young team we will also have some blow-outs.

I'll go against the grain a bit here, but I'd rather we have some blow-outs while learning to play an attacking style of football that can win premierships, then play ultra-defensively and not start modelling a game-style that will take us to our next premiership.

I'll go against the grain a bit here, but I'd rather we have some blow-outs while learning to play an attacking style of football that can win premierships, then play ultra-defensively and not start modelling a game-style that will take us to our next premiership.
Agree with your point but given how game styles continually evolve, there is a possibility that the game style that takes us to our next premiership will be different from the one for which we are now training.

Agree with your point but given how game styles continually evolve, there is a possibility that the game style that takes us to our next premiership will be different from the one for which we are now training.
Very true, I just think the AFL as an organisation prefers attacking football and will make changes to ensure this style of football is rewarded.

Is it my imagination or were we a bit more competitive towards the end of last season? (Apart from the Derby). Hopefully we can keep up that trend
Yes.

If Kelly, Yeo, Cripps, Ryan, Allen, Barrass and McGovern all played 15+ games together in 2024 and we get improvement from below I think we'll surprise a few teams more regularly.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

For each 2024 match, I expect the Eagles will score at least 15 goals each game:
1. At least a total of 4 goals from the two key forwards.
2. At least a total of 4 goals from the other forwards.
3. At least a total of 5 goals from the midfielders.
4. At least a total of 2 goals from the interchange and ruck.

For each 2024 match, I expect the Eagles will score at least 15 goals each game:
1. At least a total of 4 goals from the two key forwards.
2. At least a total of 4 goals from the other forwards.
3. At least a total of 5 goals from the midfielders.
4. At least a total of 2 goals from the interchange and ruck.
Lol

That’s 90 points a game excl behinds

Fanciful

Adelaide were the highest scoring H&A team last year, just ahead of Brisbane. They managed to score around 95 points per game over n average

By comparison, WC were the lowest scoring team averaging a little over 60 points per game

Getting our average up to around 75-80 per game whilst reducing our points conceded to below 100 (it was 116) would be a significant improvement

Last edited:
Back