Autopsy RND 15: "Another 100+ Loss" Negatives v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

In what way? To the eye, Johnson looks hard at it, natural ball winner, very contested in the games Ive watched him play. Hobbs hasn't impressed me as much.

Chesser looks like another HB flank with shaky skills.

Early days for Chesser, but keen to understand why you rate him so much higher.
Chesser is explosive as * and isn’t as uncontested as everyone here seems to think.

Once he gets more confidence in his body he will look real good, is very composed and looks for the best option.

Johnson might be as good as Redden one day.

My only negative is I've lost total care. There's no point in jumping up and down and being mad about it cos down at club land they clearly couldn't give two shits. As long as the fans keep turning up to games and the money keeps rolling in, that's all that matters. Losses and severity of loss mean nothing to them, the machine keeps on chuggin.

watched every game this year up until yesterday, had people over so was busy managing kids.
positives is i'm legit not going to watch another game for the year.
no draftee would want to come to wc atm, what an absolute fukn shamozzle
see you all in 2027

Chesser is explosive as * and isn’t as uncontested as everyone here seems to think.

Once he gets more confidence in his body he will look real good, is very composed and looks for the best option.

Johnson might be as good as Redden one day.
Everyone here thinks this because thats what he has shown so far at AFL/WAFL level.

I hope youre right about him.

You followed him early days then?

Everyone here thinks this because thats what he has shown so far at AFL/WAFL level.

I hope youre right about him.

You followed him early days then?
Yeah, was pretty happy when we got him after Erasmus was off the board.

I feel like he’s definitely shown a contested side to his game, absolutely ran through a Sydney bloke yesterday.

watched every game this year up until yesterday, had people over so was busy managing kids.
positives is i'm legit not going to watch another game for the year.
no draftee would want to come to wc atm, what an absolute fukn shamozzle
see you all in 2027
I'll probably go and watch this week, we can't all give up. The next win whenever that might be will be kn epic.:D

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good share.

Corbin eloquently makes a number of good points. Be interesting to see what response WCE has this week - and I don’t mean from Simmo.

The chair, the board, the CEO they’re either MIA or all over the shop.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have you noticed that you follow possibly the shittest Twitter accounts on offer?

The West, 9 Footy Show, etc.

Now I'm not saying they're wrong, but my God are they terrible media outlets to be receiving regular updates from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you noticed that you follow possibly the shittest Twitter accounts on offer?

The West, 9 Footy Show, etc.

Now I'm not saying they're wrong, but my God are they terrible media outlets to be receiving regular updates from.

Except I don’t. They come in my timeline as things that might interest me.. .. thanks for the concern though .

I could just follow the eagles but I can do without get up it’s game day and the weekly video of a smoking ceremony or virtue signalling from the footy club

Except I don’t. They come in my timeline as things that might interest me.. .. thanks for the concern though .

I could just follow the eagles but I can do without get up it’s game day and the weekly video of a smoking ceremony or virtue signalling from the footy club

Is virtue signalling the new woke or the old woke.

You need to make better life choices is all I'm saying.

Thought I’d be best to give it a day before intruding here, I come in peace, not here to troll.

Just wanted to drop in and say I feel for you guys, I’ve been there with the tough times as a tigers fan through the late 90s/early 00s.
It sucks, it feels like there’s no end in sight but you will get there!
I have a real soft spot for West Coast with our connections with Benny Cousins and I really hope some light at the end of the tunnel starts to appear soon for you guys!

One thing is for sure , the Eagles V Sydney is not a coaches problem, it is also not
a real observation of that club, and what it is. They are not that bad!

I am not up with players and stats and injuries etc from the Eagles teams
But would I be close to the mark to say the Eagles are wracked with injuries and illness
and are fielding perhaps up to 60% WAFL team to play because of this illness and injury list?

Because no club is that bad. No club.

If you've read anything I wrote on BF here before you'd know that I am against an 18 team competition.
Not the teams in person, but the idea

I believe there are too many teams, I believe that the diluting
of the playing pool has affected badly on the actual No1 senior teams who have to field in our game now at
the elite level in a game, at least 90 % on field guys.
Who are able to play at the top level. I doubt more than 1000 players
a year play at that level of elite? Not msany people ever get close even to reserve standard.

Counting all the clubs and reserves (depth is its name) elite players are hard to come buy when you add
nearly 100 more men to a top line game that is very very hard to play. then a glitch in the system
can kill you off.

And when GC17 and GWS came in to make up a squad of 40 each, would mean you would need to add 10
to 20 to that number the 20 odd would be reserve standard or improving, kids for depth.
Any club.needs that added to play competetive AFL now!
A need for perhaps 40 really good or top players, and 50 that were getting drafted, to both teams.

With player numbers injury/illness crazy tribunal results, and so on I reckon GWS and GC17 took
100 to 120 players out of the 16 club player pool, to back up their two newbie squads.
with reserves and maybes? Also forget the trad states they got piles of these things $$$$$$$$

When the chips are down the Eagles remind me of back home when I can remember a couple of fellows
who played for Fitzroy, ONCE! That one day the Roys. Fitzroy could not field a team to 19th or 20th I think then?
My point is the two blokes that played were grabbed out of two suburban clubs for the day even had
VFL permission each one terrified but happy, both frightened which flank they'd play on because one opponent
was Robbie Muir.
(ps Robbie was an elite footballer, with a little temper)

Any way that is a side story, they played no where near the standard. And when clubs couldn't keep
their top guns playing because of money, that stuff happened.

With the diluted player pool , could that sort of thing on a bigger scale, be happening for the Eagles who are being annihilated. Simpson is a premiership coach! Malthouse and Woosha too. He knows whats doing!

I reckon since the 18 club comp started, with both new teams in, that is when traditional football states
started to feel a pinch when they have perhaps, (a too hard a word maybe,) but catastrophic illness injury list
that leaves them with barely enough elite standard senior footballers in numbers to put on the ground!

Because that has no excuse that performance, maybe 5 players up to it.
Sydney just had morning tea , it wasn't an AFL game.

And to you Eagles people, yesterday was not normal, Simpson is not the cause, some kind of admin/recruiting??

Or just sheer bad luck in the injury and the illness dept.

So stop selling your memorabilia as I read in the paper this morning, some are doing THAT???.

You'll get back, but , I know what its like, and we only need 16 teams at the outside .
Some Vic may have to move to Tassie.
It'll never happen but I reckon I am close. What do you reckon?

A positive is that all publicity is good publicity, but perhaps we are putting a new spin on that?
We are certainly filling the trash media with column inches and hours.
There is also some lively debate on social media.

Just perhaps there is some thinking within the club? But I wonder. They seem well set.
Corporate sales will be hit and that will get them thinking.

Egos dented and reputations destroyed?
Certainly some retirements will be low key and lacking in past positive emotions.
Next we need a generation of drug addled ex players piping up to add colour.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back