• Possibly 8th

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How much do you all think we’ll lose Rd 1 by, personally I think we’ll be lucky to keep it under a 10 goal loss.
I’m just being honest by the way, don’t bag me out for being negative, I’m trying to be realistic, it’s going to be the same old Simmo in the coaches box.

Richmond still have a number of quality players, Geelong are aging but will be around 8th position, Melbourne will thrash us. Possibly Adelaide we may beat them in perth. It really depends on the young guys, the older players have shown us nothing since the 2018 grand final.
Adelaide are on the up n up. We won't beat them for min 3 years. Their kids look good and are match fitter.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

How much do you all think we’ll lose Rd 1 by, personally I think we’ll be lucky to keep it under a 10 goal loss.
I’m just being honest by the way, don’t bag me out for being negative, I’m trying to be realistic, it’s going to be the same old Simmo in the coaches box.
Port absolutely flogged Bris in rd1 last year on a Sunday, similar timeslot and worse oppo you'd think they'd be picking their lips for a big % start to the season unfortunately.

Fingers crossed we can be competitive

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think realistically, if we have a normal injury list, and arent lucky or unlucky, we could easily be about the same as the Hawks were last year. Thats probably an ok target to aim for.
If we get lucky with injuries and have a good year, we could join the pack at the middle section of the ladder.

A fit Yeo, more mid experience and depth with guys like Petch, Duggan and Brockman able to roll through along with an extra year into the young guys, and adding Flynn should even out the midfield battle enough that our def and fwd lines can function

Looking at the draw, there are 11 games I could say we could possibly win (with variances on how likely it actually is).

So winning half those I'd say 5-6 wins is par. Seems about right.

Our midfield has no depth and we are 1 injury away to Kelly to a similar stoppage deficit to last year or worse.

Even if we trim it back a bit. If we lose vs points at stoppage by 400 instead of 700 we aren't finishing outside the bottom 2.

Best case we Win 7-10 games if the senior players can play the majority of our games and stand up in big moments. Our midfield is still paper thin whilst we wait for the youngsters to mature into AFL level players, an injury to Kelly or Yeo and the cupboard looks bare.

Serious Injuries to key players and our season looks more like last year with 1-3 wins but that’s the way it is currently. I think our turnaround will be quick over the next 2-3 years and we will become quite competitive however it’s hard to see a Grand final appearance any time soon, maybe later this decade if things go well.

All things considered with a more normal injury list we probably get 4-6 wins and a top 2 draft pick as we look for some improvement and consistency from the younger players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me I think the main KPI will be percentage. A better percentage will likely mean less big losses plus maybe a few more wins. But even if we have a 'reasonable' (75%?) percentage but not a lot of wins then it means we are still progressing - and - it would mean better draft picks.

Back