Prediction Round 3, 2024: Changes vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Culley and Sheed may line up in the WAFL this week and be available next week with Liam Ryan.

Official injury list suggests none of that is happening. Culley and Sheed not available for WAFL this week, Ryan still two to three weeks away.

And Archer Reid, a teenage key position player who’s been at the club four months, is not coming straight into the AFL side off the back of no preseason. No matter how much potential he’s got. Rushing players into the seniors before they’re ready has been a big part of our problem over the last couple of years.

Like many, am waiting for Hall+Culley to come in, and Ryan, even Sheed, to see how it affects our general play.
But this team needs weeks of playing different teams to get up to speed and establish some genuine chemistry (trying to avoid synergy) and bed down the game plan - which is exactly what they're going to get of course. Also shuffling magnets and new players to arrive at a decent 22.
This 2 game stretch away, if correct, will develop more bonding.
I'm kind of waiting for the injury toll to start, hopefully we get more of a a clean run this time...

Last edited:
Official injury list suggests none of that is happening. Culley and Sheed not available for WAFL this week, Ryan still two to three weeks away.

And Archer Reid, a teenage key position player who’s been at the club four months, is not coming straight into the AFL side off the back of no preseason. No matter how much potential he’s got. Rushing players into the seniors before they’re ready has been a big part of our problem over the last couple of years.
Vs Hanging on to old farts 5 seasons to long.

That's the problem Sanchez not bringing in the youth. Yes that is the problem not bringing in the youth by holding on to old busted farts.

By not trading away Andrew Gaff in 2019 for 2 first rounders to Nth and holding on to him until he is busted wreck. Same with Darling, trying to play him into form after 4 s**t seasons. Get my drift. Playing Shuey til he had no hammys left and so on. Nothing at all to do with bringing in young blokes, welcome to professional sport. Maybe the surface is too hard again that effects all players young and old.

A Reid will prove a better target than any fwd we have. He is made, look at his legs.

Last edited:

That's the problem Sanchez not bringing in the youth. Yes that is the problem not bringing in the youth by holding on to old busted farts.

By not trading away Andrew Gaff in 2019 for 2 first rounders to Nth and holding on to him until he is busted wreck. Same with Darling, trying to play him into form after 4 s**t seasons. Get my drift. Playing Shuey til he had no hammys left and so on. Nothing at all to do with bringing in young blokes, welcome to professional sport. Maybe the surface is too hard again that effects all players young and old.

A Reid will prove a better target than any fwd we have. He is made, look at his legs.

It’s nice to get a little peek into the alternate reality you live in now and again.

Apparently we could have somehow got two first rounders from North for Gaff in that reality. Of course that was before all player contracts were torn up in the Great Event ™️ of September 2021 October 2022 TBC.

I look forward to further tidbits. I wonder if it rains doughnuts there?

You are like the Sam McClure of the West Coast Board - just making stuff up to prove a point that you have already made your mind up on. We were never getting two picks in the first round for Gaff - had he gone to north as a free agent, we would have got Pick 19. We had just won the premiership, why would we be trading out our multiple all-Australian wingman. Everyone expected us to be better in 2019 with Gaff, Nic and Shep all returning - find me a single person that didn't think we were a genuine chance in 2019 and should have started our rebuild then.

If we had known that we weren't going to win the premiership in 2019/20, we could have done a lot of things differently. Since in your world we don't need players permission to trade them, we could have traded out Kennedy, Darling, McGovern, Barrass, Shuey, Yeo, NicNat, etc, loaded up on early picks, and maybe we have a list profile something like North do now. In the real world, we finished a game out of top four in 2019, and flogged Melbourne in Round 1 of 2020 before we dropped the ball in the lock-down. We still finished in the finals and lost by a point to Collingwood. We actually started 2021 well, before we dropped off a cliff half way through the season - mainly due to injury and lack of leg speed that we always had but could no longer pinch wins with our crazy forward-50 conversion. The extreme drop off has probably helped, rather than limp to 6 or 7 wins a season for the last couple of years, we have completely bottomed out and nabbed some genuine talent for the first time in a long time.

Finally, when the next wave of champions are having dollars waved in their faces, we can point to the repect that we have always given our aging champions, and say this is a club to stick with, because we will stick with you. I would take our culture over any number of clubs - there's a reason we hold onto our players.

You are like the Sam McClure of the West Coast Board - just making stuff up to prove a point that you have already made your mind up on. We were never getting two picks in the first round for Gaff - had he gone to north as a free agent, we would have got Pick 19. We had just won the premiership, why would we be trading out our multiple all-Australian wingman. Everyone expected us to be better in 2019 with Gaff, Nic and Shep all returning - find me a single person that didn't think we were a genuine chance in 2019 and should have started our rebuild then.

If we had known that we weren't going to win the premiership in 2019/20, we could have done a lot of things differently. Since in your world we don't need players permission to trade them, we could have traded out Kennedy, Darling, McGovern, Barrass, Shuey, Yeo, NicNat, etc, loaded up on early picks, and maybe we have a list profile something like North do now. In the real world, we finished a game out of top four in 2019, and flogged Melbourne in Round 1 of 2020 before we dropped the ball in the lock-down. We still finished in the finals and lost by a point to Collingwood. We actually started 2021 well, before we dropped off a cliff half way through the season - mainly due to injury and lack of leg speed that we always had but could no longer pinch wins with our crazy forward-50 conversion. The extreme drop off has probably helped, rather than limp to 6 or 7 wins a season for the last couple of years, we have completely bottomed out and nabbed some genuine talent for the first time in a long time.

Finally, when the next wave of champions are having dollars waved in their faces, we can point to the repect that we have always given our aging champions, and say this is a club to stick with, because we will stick with you. I would take our culture over any number of clubs - there's a reason we hold onto our players.
18 year olds don't think they will live past 25.

It’s nice to get a little peek into the alternate reality you live in now and again.

Apparently we could have somehow got two first rounders from North for Gaff in that reality. Of course that was before all player contracts were torn up in the Great Event ™️ of September 2021 October 2022 TBC.

I look forward to further tidbits. I wonder if it rains doughnuts there?
But have you seen Archer's legs?

Jack Williams any chance to come in this afternoon? Has had some reasonable form in the WAFL practice matches (albeit against weakened opposition) but also showed a bit last season. At 198cm he is true KPF size.

Just not sure what changes would need to be made around Barnett & Maric from last weeks squad. I’d like to see him given another chance whilst Allen is out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back