News Expressions of Interest for 2024 (and beyond) BF WCE POTY Award Votes Counter

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
After 5 years of counting and collating the boards votes for our POTY award, 2023 will be my swan song.

From the highs of taking it on after we won the flag to the lows of having the relive our worst seasons on record - it is finally time for me to hang up the boots (totally not due to my old free university subscription of Office finally running out and counting votes in Excel is all I use it for).

So due to my long awaited retirement, we need someone else to step in and take over for me. I'll still be counting and writing up this years votes but I've decided to post this thread now so that if anyone is interested in taking it on, they can pay a bit more attention to how I have run it over the years and think about how they would put their own spin on it. Votes get counted in a spreadsheet and displayed via pivot tables but the opportunities are endless for interpreting the data.

I would send you the spreadsheet and give you the run down on how it works but it's all pretty straightforward, so if inputting thousands of lines of data into Excel is your dream then boy do I have the job for you!

PM me or shitpost below if you're interested in taking it on.

After 5 years of counting and collating the boards votes for our POTY award, 2023 will be my swan song.

From the highs of taking it on after we won the flag to the lows of having the relive our worst seasons on record - it is finally time for me to hang up the boots (totally not due to my old free university subscription of Office finally running out and counting votes in Excel is all I use it for).

So due to my long awaited retirement, we need someone else to step in and take over for me. I'll still be counting and writing up this years votes but I've decided to post this thread now so that if anyone is interested in taking it on, they can pay a bit more attention to how I have run it over the years and think about how they would put their own spin on it. Votes get counted in a spreadsheet and displayed via pivot tables but the opportunities are endless for interpreting the data.

I would send you the spreadsheet and give you the run down on how it works but it's all pretty straightforward, so if inputting thousands of lines of data into Excel is your dream then boy do I have the job for you!

PM me or shitpost below if you're interested in taking it on.
Wow - Has that been 5yrs already! I appreciate all work you've put in over the years to keep one of my all time favourite threads going from Fidstar before you.

Huge thanks mate!!! It really has been very much appreciated.

Hopefully someone with some mean excel skills and a bit of time and creative thinking can keep carrying the torch.

* mate I hope you find someone but like a lot of our seniors you should have hung them a few years ago 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Back