Toast Congrats Ed

Remove this Banner Ad

I just came back from the mountain-top. Ed says that he appreciates your kind words and he doesnt have any spare finals tickets....
Bugger.
Tell him to remember the time we got pissed in the social club bar together.

Bugger.
Tell him to remember the time we got pissed in the social club bar together.

He says he can remember but you probably cant...and he'd like to thank you for all the money you put on the bar over the years...it paid off most of the past debts

I think we should stop this ridiculous fake conversation now.

Massive figure in our clubs history and well deserved.

His faults are well known but his strengths are far greater, and he did great work for footy in general, cooperating with Colless at the Swans,, Smorgon of the Dogs etc.

Poor kid from Broady made good, made his mum very proud.

A Magpie to his fingertips.

I could have sworn this thread was going to be about the birth of a new chin for Ed.

That would have been exciting news but I guess this will do.

Congratulations Ed. You deserve it.

Deserved it but...
5 to 8 years past his use by date for the club and media wise.
Went to 2 President Dinner things in 2010 ..
He is an amazing orator. Could have been in politics

Watching him now on Footy Classified. What a name dropping, controlling egotist. He had the audacity to speak about the Hawthorn racism situation. Anyone with half a brain and his track record
would remain tight lipped on the subject. Hallelujah Jeff Browne.
Ed. Big yawn.
Please go away.
He was great and than he wasn't.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Ed on your AFL Life Membership. You deserve the recognition.
Never forget that you saved our club.
Absolutely 20009009% and still fights to this day.

Even at the end when he realised he made some mistakes with the salary cap, he made the call to fire sale. Brave given what was happening around that time. It’s a common occurrence around the league now, and has set us up for long term success.

Watching him now on Footy Classified. What a name dropping, controlling egotist. He had the audacity to speak about the Hawthorn racism situation. Anyone with half a brain and his track record
would remain tight lipped on the subject. Hallelujah Jeff Browne.

The same Jeff Browne who buckled to Koch already?

The same Jeff Browne who buckled to Koch already?
He didn't buckle at all. One derby every year which Port can wear the prison bars. Big deal.
I feel Ed was a control freak and especially towards the end.
Jeff Browne has done very well without him spouting his mouth at any given media opportunity.
Prison bars will not affect our club for one game of every year.

Even at the end when he realised he made some mistakes with the salary cap, he made the call to fire sale. Brave given what was happening around that time.
I loved Ed for saving the Club, for his passion and essentially being one of us.
He did some fantastic things and also made some mistakes.
The Ed I’ve seen/heard would not have made the fire sale call, that would be from the board and FD imo.

Deserved it but...
5 to 8 years past his use by date for the club and media wise.
Went to 2 President Dinner things in 2010 ..
He is an amazing orator. Could have been in politics
Yes he could have. Plenty of politicians speak utter drivel too.
Eddie helped Collingwood at a low point, no one can deny that. Collingwood also provided a huge stage for Eddie, and that helped Eddie’s career no end. Eddie is all about Eddie first folks, don’t lose sight of that.

I loved Ed for saving the Club, for his passion and essentially being one of us.
He did some fantastic things and also made some mistakes.
The Ed I’ve seen/heard would not have made the fire sale call, that would be from the board and FD imo.
The idea I ‘know’, would not have allowed something like to happen without his blessing. It was a brave call.

He didn't buckle at all. One derby every year which Port can wear the prison bars. Big deal.
I feel Ed was a control freak and especially towards the end.
Jeff Browne has done very well without him spouting his mouth at any given media opportunity.
Prison bars will not affect our club for one game of every year.
Yep, this.

I love Ed for all the great things he did for our club, but i am also glad our President now is not like him (ie. a walking, talking headline who is prone to foot-in-mouth disease).

Firmly in Eds corner.
He did magnificent things for the club , wore his heart on his sleeve and gave up an enormous amount time and money to boot.
You can post your personal dislike but don't simply misrepresent the reality of his massive contribution to a sports club.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back