Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Social isolation has contributed to the cognitive decline in dementia patients that I've seen.
You said your residents were, many of them, on their third covid19 infection. You also said that many families don’t bother to visit residents anyway but you only blame social isolation during the pandemic for their deterioration. How convenient.

You said your residents were, many of them, on their third covid19 infection. You also said that many families don’t bother to visit residents anyway but you only blame social isolation during the pandemic for their deterioration. How convenient.

Social isolation is a big reason why average stays in RACFs are short. It hugely detrimental to the physical and mental health of our elderly population in RACFs. How is that convenient?

Social isolation is a big reason why average stays in RACFs are short. It hugely detrimental to the physical and mental health of our elderly population in RACFs. How is that convenient?
Your total denial of covid19 causing health problems and deterioration is extremely convenient. That way you can continue your agenda of blaming mitigations and not the virus itself for all the problems.
I am glad you don’t care for my father, I really am.

Your total denial of covid19 causing health problems and deterioration is extremely convenient. That way you can continue your agenda of blaming mitigations and not the virus itself for all the problems.
I am glad you don’t care for my father, I really am.

If you have a loved one in a RACF you should feel lucky that there is anyone left to look after them at all.
Covid is going to be very convenient for governments to blame instead of blaming themselves.

If you have a loved one in a RACF you should feel lucky that there is anyone left to look after them at all.
Covid is going to be very convenient for governments to blame instead of blaming themselves.
No one is denying the issues in staffing the industry.
Everyone accepts that the gov dropped the ball on Aged Care funding years ago and well before covid.
You missed my point, however. Denying covid has caused deaths or deterioration is a cop out and untrue.
In fact covid19 has probably helped by the reaping you seem to applaud.

No one is denying the issues in staffing the industry.
Everyone accepts that the gov dropped the ball on Aged Care funding years ago and well before covid.
You missed my point, however. Denying covid has caused deaths or deterioration is a cop out and untrue.
In fact covid19 has probably helped by the reaping you seem to applaud.

We are still waiting for the reaping. You can't change the fact that none of my residents have passed away from covid

It's believed that up to two thirds of aged care residents are not fully vaccinated.

While the vaccination issue we had previously was entirely the government's fault, this isn't. Residents/families appear to be refusing additional boosters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Past tense? Lol.

It's correct in that is now endemic. Pandemic implies a transitory major disease. Covid-19, whatever you think of it, is here to stay for the foreseeable future, so it's beyond a pandemic.

Now are they managing it as well as they could? Certainly not. Better ventilation should have been installed in all public buildings, starting with schools, much sooner and stricter ventilation standards for all buildings should be in place, along with more money for dedicated Covid treatments. Add in the obvious one, given the on-going costs to budgets state and federal, much more money should be going into improved vaccines, both one's that are needed less often and the holy grail universal Covid vaccine to protect against all strains, current and future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back