Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 8: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Government is also offering a TAFE course for businesses on how to handle aggressive anti vaxxers.
Let me guess an aggressive unvaccinated person is different to an aggressive drunk or rowdy person, yep better take that TAFE course hahahahaha šŸ¤£

You should put that in the CT thread with all your fellow loonies who post in there now.

Just sneezed, was going to blow my nose, then I remembered I must check how ethically made the tissues are and whether Kleenex has made any dodgy products that havenā€™t made it to market. It was tiresome, but all good. Now Iā€™m off to wash my handsā€¦.

Just sneezed, was going to blow my nose, then I remembered I must check how ethically made the tissues are and whether Kleenex has made any dodgy products that havenā€™t made it to market. It was tiresome, but all good. Now Iā€™m off to wash my handsā€¦.
Big Water , Big Tissue, Big Soap and because you posted it on Big Footy Big Bill now knows

regular SMS from my local clinic offering appointments for AZvax, further texts insisting their advice and instructing to reply "STOP" to opt out of the communication, followed by more strongly worded texts recommending the vaccination, then urging the vax, even after having twice replied STOP.
i mentioned to the GP during a teleconsult, saying that it was nothing short of outright harrassment, the GP agreed, said they'd look into it, and the texts stopped. (teleconsults would have to be the best thing to come out of covid, imo)
meanwhile, morrison again states publicly words to the effect there will be NO vax mandate, and that it's TIME to take government OUT of people's lives, when it seems to me the govt has already implemented enough to have us completely over a barrel in our decision making, and i say this after recently attempting to book a face to face consult. i was told by the clinic that only double vaxed patients could now be seen for face to face consults, and that the need for apnts with unvaxed and "single vax only" patients were subject to assessment and only possible in premises specially designated for such patients, and subject to the wearing of PPE gear by all. querying the policy i was told that it was NOT the clinic's decision but govt policy.
having said, i conclude my leprosy rant.

imho

regular SMS from my local clinic offering appointments for AZvax, further texts insisting their advice and instructing to reply "STOP" to opt out of the communication, followed by more strongly worded texts recommending the vaccination, then urging the vax, even after having twice replied STOP.
i mentioned to the GP during a teleconsult, saying that it was nothing short of outright harrassment, the GP agreed, said they'd look into it, and the texts stopped. (teleconsults would have to be the best thing to come out of covid, imo)
meanwhile, morrison again states publicly words to the effect there will be NO vax mandate, and that it's TIME to take government OUT of people's lives, when it seems to me the govt has already implemented enough to have us completely over a barrel in our decision making, and i say this after recently attempting to book a face to face consult. i was told by the clinic that only double vaxed patients could now be seen for face to face consults, and that the need for apnts with unvaxed and "single vax only" patients were subject to assessment and only possible in premises specially designated for such patients, and subject to the wearing of PPE gear by all. querying the policy i was told that it was NOT the clinic's decision but govt policy.

imho

Meanwhile, I didnā€™t get an opt-out option for Craig Kellyā€™s texts.

imho
at no point did i say i was UNvaccinated
...your reading comprehension sux

imho
You attempted to book a face to face but were unable to because only double vaxed were permitted. If you were double vaxed you would have succeeded (not attempted) to book a face to face appointment.

But with grammar like yours, I'm not surprised you don't understand what you write either.

If you are why would you care?

1. care giving role
2. not everyone i know is currently double vaxed, or able to be vaccinated, it concerns limitations to the ease and convenience in receiving basic medical attention as need arises.

You attempted to book a face to face but were unable to because only double vaxed were permitted. If you were double vaxed you would have succeeded (not attempted) to book a face to face appointment.

But with grammar like yours, I'm not surprised you don't understand what you write either.

i understand perfectly.
correct, i did attempt, as previously led to understand that a face to face was required for the purpose of my appointment, when apparently it was not.
however in that attempt i thought to clarify the clinic's recorded message and in turn was told of the current protocol.
one of the aims of my post was to stick it to morrison's attempt to look good with a no mandate approach, when govt has already put enough into place to make life extremely difficult for those who are unvaccinated and for whatever their reason.
i dgaf about dining out, swilling beer at the bar, nightclubbing, travel etc.

some unvaccinated have health issues and cannot be given the vaccine in the short term, others not even in the long term ... some are in the process, some may have delayed waiting on availability of their vaccine of choice or trials ... others still have great uncertainty and anxiety around receiving the vaccine ... your attitude doesn't help them one bit, it also deters some people from posting ā€” is that the intention? are you here just for argument's sake? and to put others down?
fyi, aside from choosing to write in lower case and the odd typo, my grammar is just fine, but pffft "But with grammar like yours" ā€” where's your apostrophe???

imho

2. not everyone i know is currently double vaxed, or able to be vaccinated, it concerns limitations to the ease and convenience in receiving basic medical attention as need arises.
surely if they need medical attention they probably really need the vax

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. care giving role

1.weā€™re you booking an appointment for someone else? Iā€™m trying to figure out how your role as a care giver is relevant?
2.Iā€™m confident if they have legitimate reasons for an exemption it wonā€™t affect their ability to get medical treatment. If they donā€™t then they should be vaxxed, if they have medical issues but not an exemption thereā€™s a good chance they need the vaccine more than most.

With the data showing how insanely low the risk of illness is for 5-11 year olds that catch covid, surely it wont be mandated at a school level.

Not a lot being said around the place in terms of when the remaining mandates are going to be phased out. If those who don't want it haven't gone out to get it so they can do the things vaccinated people will do I don't think they ever will.
NY has mandated the vaccine for 5-11 year olds. While I don't think it will happen here, it's a possibility.

Omicron is likely to become the dominant variant of coronavirus in the UK ā€œin a matter of weeks,ā€ a top scientist has warned.

Dr Jeffrey Barrett, director of the covid-19 genomics initiative at the Wellcome Sanger Institute, said that omicron is spreading faster in the UK than the Delta variant.

Asked about the implications of that, he told BBC Radio 4: ā€œWell, we donā€™t know and thatā€™s the really critical question, of course, is how many of those cases of which there will likely be a large number will lead to severe disease?

Big Water , Big Tissue, Big Soap and because you posted it on Big Footy Big Bill now knows
don't start people up about Fluoride in the water :)

surely if they need medical attention they probably really need the vax

Some people honestly cannot be vaxed..Not because they scared of needles or watched too much youtube
In vic we still around 1200 a day. If you cannot be vaxed you would not want to live in certain LGA's.

Long story short, pfizer is an inferior product that doesn't give you the best protection.
Combining a first dose of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine with a second dose of either the Moderna or the Novavax jabs results in far higher levels of neutralising antibodies and T-cells compared with two doses of the AstraZeneca jab, a study has found.

The strongest T-cell response of all was generated by a dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine followed by a dose of the Novavax vaccine ā€“ both of which can be stored in a standard refrigerator.

It follows separate data published last week suggesting that both the Pfizer and Moderna jabs can dramatically strengthen the bodyā€™s immune defences.

The 1,070 British participants received a first dose of the AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine, followed nine weeks later by a second dose of the same vaccine, or either the Moderna or Novavax jab.

Levels of neutralising antibodies were 17 times higher among those who received the AstraZeneca vaccine followed by the Moderna vaccine and four times higher among those who received AstraZenaca followed by Novavax, compared with those who received two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

For those who started with the Pfizer jab, receiving a second dose of the Moderna vaccines jab resulted in 1.3 times as many neutralising antibodies than with two doses of Pfizer; while receiving Novavax as the second jab resulted in 20% fewer antibodies.

While two doses of either the AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine resulted in similar numbers of T-cells, combining the AstraZeneca vaccine with a second dose of Moderna resulted in 3.5 times more T-cells. A second dose of Novavax resulted in 4.8 times more T-cells.

For the Pfizer jab, a second dose of Moderna resulted in 1.5 times more T-cells, while a second jab of Novavax resulted in fewer T-cells.

Long story short, pfizer is an inferior product that doesn't give you the best protection.
Hows the AZ shares going ?

lol......you do realise that is for mixing the first 2 doses doses
1 AZ + 1 Mod/PZ makes AZ better than 2 x AZs

Mod/PZ as a 3rd after 2x AZ also picks AZs efficacy upto nearly 3 X Pzs or 3 X Mods

Hows the AZ shares going ?

lol......you do realise that is for mixing the first 2 doses doses
1 AZ + 1 Mod/PZ makes AZ better than 2 x AZs

Mod/PZ as a 3rd after 2x AZ also picks AZs efficacy upto nearly 3 X Pzs or 3 X Mods
Shares don't give me the best protection, but knowing that I have a superior vaccine and will get novax next I'll be better off.

Two doses of PZ or AZ are similar in T cell counts and when mixing AZ its far superior

Remove this Banner Ad

Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 8: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back