News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I post on FB overly much but I used to when I was younger, especially adding people I went to primary and high school with that I had no intention of ever really seeing in person again. I'm somewhat not surprised at those that turned into anti vaxxers or delusional but can also draw a bow between their levels of education. Those that went on to do more tertiary levels of study and work in more white collar jobs are more than happy to get vaccinated (though employment wise the least affected) whereas those that went down the trade route (note that not all of them fall into this category but there is a much larger proportion) are those attending these protests, shouting fake news etc and have a different level of education.

Though I will say that there is someone I know that is tertiary educated with a white collar job that is vocally railing against the state government and anything they do and say and would happily have 10m dead if it meant backing the liberal party's agenda (whatever it may be). Though I think that's more due to his head being so far up the liberal party's a*s that he could lick it clean as he performs a colonoscopy with his tongue.
it’s funny because a study from Carnegie Mellon University found that people with phd were the most likely to be vaccine hesitant.

You might be right here Ligma. Are you much into psychology? Peter Singer has some interesting theories on what constitutes personhood. Based on why theyve shown tonight, the above mentioned poster might be considered to rate somewhere on the animal scale - somewhere below dogs and primates.

Dogs are very loyal to their masters, bit like you lot in here to the 'man'.

Good for you. You rather be brave and die. But I'd rather my parents lived, thanks. We are locked down to stop them dying. What is with you and Andrews?
Sincere questions.
Are your parents vaccinated?
In your opinion at what stage do you think it will be safe for your parents and for the country to open up ?

Sincere questions.
Are your parents vaccinated?
In your opinion at what stage do you think it will be safe for your parents and for the country to open up ?

The answer can only be never I would suggest, people have been taught to be s**t scared and we can't blame them for that. It's been jammed down their throats for 20 ******* months.

You could always go to the UK and roll the dice.

Recently read an article about Singapore opening up at 80% but not sure if that was 16yrs and over. Anyway, the Singapore epidemiologists are now saying that you really require 90% to combat the D variant, that's the lesson they have learnt so far.

Last edited:
When you go for witty, but it just comes off as “meh”.
He has nothing else to contribute and then has a sly dig because we are having an insightful conversation. It’s the standard with him

He has nothing else to contribute and then has a sly dig because we are having an insightful conversation. It’s the standard with him
Lol spot on, although you’re giving them a bit too much credit by describing it as sly I think! I’d suggest that they buy a mirror so they have someone who actually likes them to talk to, but I think they’re too busy being brave of COVID.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this being true ( the high Medic to population ratio) however they also have one of the lowest incomes for a country with very little tradable commodities other than some basics like sugar etc.. this meaning they are very vulnerable to buy goods on the international market, i suspect licensing costs for covid vaccinations would be prohibitively expensive for their government, when we were there about 8 years ago many people then said that whilst seeing a doctor was routine and free filling proscriptions was very difficult. i suspect that hasnt changed a great deal.
They developed two of their own despite a blockade from the US.

If Gladys had have locked down hard and fast on the D variant and had not muddled around thinking full lock down was just optional then NSW would be in a far better position. If you are looking for data points, perhaps back date her decisions by a week.

And yet Victoria did exactly what you are advocating and our outbreak is at least on the same trajectory as NSW and we are now following essentially the same strategy. Mistakes have been made in dealing with the pandemic and Gladys has conceded she could have gone harder earlier. Even so, there is still no data point that supports the view that NSW has managed the pandemic worse than Victoria.

too much credit by describing it as sly I think! I’d suggest that they buy a mirror so they have someone who actually likes them to talk to, but I think they’re too busy being brave of COVID.

This guy sounds like a campaigner - who we talkin about? Ya silly knobs seriously. You think a couple of pelicans like you to are going to upset me. You both just aint worthy.[/QUOTE]

Cheers, it is not so much about risk for me as freedom of choice. Having retired after 30 odd years working in a related field (Avian Virology), i prefer the mRNA technology of Pfizer/Moderna to the Adenovirus vector technology of Astra-Zeneca. The constant daily news items of how many millions of doses of Pfizer and Moderna are landing here, and States like WA and Tassie recently relaxing restrictions, just makes me wonder why no freedom of choice for everybody here, regardless of age.
Why?

I'm always interested in the opinions of people with relevant experience (whatever the field.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back