News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Ya know some feel the Durand Line is an unruly lawless place. Easy to pot the Pakistani/Afghanistan border I suppose.
Glass houses and all....
1642984607297.png

Melbourne is out of control, maybe those caught undertaking these despicable acts like public gyrating and ******* foot tapping should lose a limb? Or maybe a toe for a first offense. Goodness me, we need to act and act swiftly.

We are making Sodom and Gomorrah look like a Baptist Church ******* picnic

Check this. The tiny nation stated completely covid free because they closed their boarders, then they open up to tourists and 36 passengers from a flight to the island had covid… even through they had all quarantined and tested negative and had been vaccinated. There is no escaping this cursed virus.

Edit- they did have 2 previous cases.

Spent some time in Kiribati aeon's ago. Was a quiet Pacific atoll back in '85.
Tarawa very over populated and health care poor.

Ya know some feel the Durand Line is an unruly lawless place. Easy to pot the Pakistani/Afghanistan border I suppose.
Glass houses and all....
View attachment 1315340

Melbourne is out of control, maybe those caught undertaking these despicable acts like public gyrating and ******* foot tapping should lose a limb? Or maybe a toe for a first offense. Goodness me, we need to act and act swiftly.

Some of the rules are quite bizarre

I imagine it’s beautiful though?

Main island Tarawa is a big skinny atoll Val, not really a " paradise " ala Fiji / Tahiti. Outer islands nice, but remote and existence was mainly food gathering and preparation.

Had one funny night where the monthly movie had arrived on one of the outer island's, Abemama. Whole island population was there in the " Maneaba " ( the local meeting house ) Old style movie projector, pull down screen and l pissed myself as it started and watched " The Evil Dead " ! 🤣

Last edited:
Yep- embarrassing springs to mind. I was at the Deck in Frankston yesterday for a boozy lunch and then swim in the bay. The joint was packed. The Deck is not a bad spot fyi.

I was down Lygon street Brunswick last night and it was busy, but I’d say the majority of people out were 30 and under. It was weird. Usually it’s a pretty even spread of ages. Seems some people are worried about catching covid even though they’re fully vaxxed. If someone told you in 2018 that people would be staying home because of a virus they’re fully vaxxed from youd look at them like they were speaking gibberish.

I’ll have to check out the deck. I’ve got a mate who moved down the peninsula a few years ago, I keep telling him I’ll catch up. Maybe we’ll go there.

I was down Lygon street Brunswick last night and it was busy, but I’d say the majority of people out were 30 and under. It was weird. Usually it’s a pretty even spread of ages. Seems some people are worried about catching covid even though they’re fully vaxxed. If someone told you in 2018 that people would be staying home because of a virus they’re fully vaxxed from youd look at them like they were speaking gibberish.

I’ll have to check out the deck. I’ve got a mate who moved down the peninsula a few years ago, I keep telling him I’ll catch up. Maybe we’ll go there.
Yep same nearly all under thirty and probably 75% female. They had music playing and people were just mooching around. I sometimes forget we have this virus thing going on.
Brunswick St is a grand place, and yeah I'm double vaxxed and so I see absolutely no point in staying at home. Although I think Dear Dan has stated you may need a third jab to visit restaurants and like very soon.

Glass houses and all....
View attachment 1315340

Where's Kevin Bacon when you need him?

Yep same nearly all under thirty and probably 75% female. They had music playing and people were just mooching around. I sometimes forget we have this virus thing going on.
Brunswick St is a grand place, and yeah I'm double vaxxed and so I see absolutely no point in staying at home. Although I think Dear Dan has stated you may need a third jab to visit restaurants and like very soon.

Yeah he’s going to mandate it for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glass houses and all....
View attachment 1315340

Where's Kevin Bacon when you need him?

1642989749175.png

illegal or not recognised? big difference.

It was an offence, and subject to a $20,000 fine.

PUBLIC HEALTH ACT 2016 (WA)
Sections 157(l)(k) and 190(1)(p)
PROHIBITION ON THE USE OF RAPID ANTIGEN TESTS DIRECTIONS (No 2)
The World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic on 11 March 2020.

On 23 March 2020, the Minister for Health declared a public health state of emergency with effect from 1.30 p.m. on 23 March 2020 in respect of COVID-19 pursuant to section 167 of the Public Health Act 2016 (WA) (Act).

On 22 September 2021, the Minister for Health declared a further public health state of emergency with effect from 4.25 pm on 22 September 2021 in respect of COVID-19 pursuant to section 167 of the Act. The public health state of emergency applies to the State of Western Australia.

I, Dr Andrew Robertson, the Chief Health Officer, authorised as an emergency officer under section 4 of the Act to exercise any of the emergency powers while the public health state of emergency declaration in respect of COVID-19 is in force, consider it reasonably necessary to give the following directions to all persons in Western Australia to prevent, control or abate the serious public health risk presented by COVID-19 pursuant to sections 157(1)(k) and 190(1)(p) of the Act.

PREAMBLE

1. The purpose of these directions is to prohibit a person from using a SARS-Co V-2 rapid antigen test ("Rapid Antigen Test") as an acute illness diagnostic tool for COVID-19, as their use may adversely affect the prevention, control and abatement of the serious public health risk presented by COVID-19.

CITATION

2. These directions may be referred to as the Prohibition on the Use of Rapid Antigen Test Directions (No 2).

COMMENCEMENT

3. These directions come into effect upon signing.

DIRECTIONS

4. Unless otherwise directed under the Act, a person must not use a Rapid Antigen Test as a tool to detect or diagnose COVID-19.

5. Despite the operation of paragraph 4 above, a person may undertake a Rapid Antigen Test as a tool to detect COVID-19 as directed under paragraph 14 of the Transport, Freight and Logistics Directions (No 4) as amended or replaced from time to time.

PENALTIES

It is an offence for a person to fail, without reasonable excuse, to comply with any of these directions, punishable by a fine of up to $20,000 for individuals and $100,000 for bodies corporate.

It was an offence, and subject to a $20,000 fine.

PUBLIC HEALTH ACT 2016 (WA)
Sections 157(l)(k) and 190(1)(p)
PROHIBITION ON THE USE OF RAPID ANTIGEN TESTS DIRECTIONS (No 2)
The World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic on 11 March 2020.

On 23 March 2020, the Minister for Health declared a public health state of emergency with effect from 1.30 p.m. on 23 March 2020 in respect of COVID-19 pursuant to section 167 of the Public Health Act 2016 (WA) (Act).

On 22 September 2021, the Minister for Health declared a further public health state of emergency with effect from 4.25 pm on 22 September 2021 in respect of COVID-19 pursuant to section 167 of the Act. The public health state of emergency applies to the State of Western Australia.

I, Dr Andrew Robertson, the Chief Health Officer, authorised as an emergency officer under section 4 of the Act to exercise any of the emergency powers while the public health state of emergency declaration in respect of COVID-19 is in force, consider it reasonably necessary to give the following directions to all persons in Western Australia to prevent, control or abate the serious public health risk presented by COVID-19 pursuant to sections 157(1)(k) and 190(1)(p) of the Act.

PREAMBLE

1. The purpose of these directions is to prohibit a person from using a SARS-Co V-2 rapid antigen test ("Rapid Antigen Test") as an acute illness diagnostic tool for COVID-19, as their use may adversely affect the prevention, control and abatement of the serious public health risk presented by COVID-19.

CITATION

2. These directions may be referred to as the Prohibition on the Use of Rapid Antigen Test Directions (No 2).

COMMENCEMENT

3. These directions come into effect upon signing.

DIRECTIONS

4. Unless otherwise directed under the Act, a person must not use a Rapid Antigen Test as a tool to detect or diagnose COVID-19.

5. Despite the operation of paragraph 4 above, a person may undertake a Rapid Antigen Test as a tool to detect COVID-19 as directed under paragraph 14 of the Transport, Freight and Logistics Directions (No 4) as amended or replaced from time to time.

PENALTIES

It is an offence for a person to fail, without reasonable excuse, to comply with any of these directions, punishable by a fine of up to $20,000 for individuals and $100,000 for bodies corporate.
well posted BigE,

ok so that looks a little more palatable, and is written with gaping loopholes,
part 4 states its an offense to use the RAT test as a means of detecting if you have covid, no problem to posess one or are "testing" one for scientific purposes ;-)

and part 5 overides part 4 anyway!,

legislation for the sake of legislation.

Some of the rules are quite bizarre
the world is littered with these porous borders that were drawn up by competing agendas of differing nationals, some other ones of interest are the panhandle on namibia, Machias Seal Island between US and canada and the halaid triangle between egypt and sudan. the no mans land between india and pakistan is a bit of a flashpoint as well.

the world is littered with these porous borders that were drawn up by competing agendas of differing nationals, some other ones of interest are the panhandle on namibia, Machias Seal Island between US and canada and the halaid triangle between egypt and sudan. the no mans land between india and pakistan is a bit of a flashpoint as well.
Think man we're talking about dancing being banned. But yes you are correct and thank our lucky stars there's a shitload of water between us and NZ otherwise those pesky Kiwis would be all over us...

1642992802572.png

Interesting read. I’m currently on day 6 and I still feel so fatigued out of this world (even with a bit of cheeky oxyshred in the morning)

I have work on the day that I’m finally free so might have to book to see the doc, well I was gonna do that anyways just to get a lung function test.

Hojuman does that sound like a good plan?

Interesting read. I’m currently on day 6 and I still feel so fatigued out of this world (even with a bit of cheeky oxyshred in the morning)

I have work on the day that I’m finally free so might have to book to see the doc, well I was gonna do that anyways just to get a lung function test.

Hojuman does that sound like a good plan?

Yep 👍

I really don't mind, I'll jab away as much as they want me too, as long as they keep things open.

It's on the individual now, if you go out, you have to be prepared to cop the illness.

I really don't mind, I'll jab away as much as they want me too, as long as they keep things open.

It's on the individual now, if you go out, you have to be prepared to cop the illness.

Absolutely it is on me if I go out, the way it should be. You won't here me complain should I catch the virus.
Yes well I thought twice jabbed and we'd be good. Oh well, of course I will get the third jab as Otherwise I won't be allowed out

chefs kiss

I admire how level headed you are, it’s amazing. Even though in the past we have disagreed the way you articulate you’re opinions and views isn’t in a way of expressing self importance or arrogance and for that sir I commend you😍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back