News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I posted about this before, but this just makes no sense whatsoever and has left me flummoxed. It's just another kick in the teeth for the arts industry, and particularly touring musicians and bands who won't be able to play shows anymore and have once again been financially left behind in this pandemic. What exactly is this restriction supposed to achieve?

I know I posted about this before, but this just makes no sense whatsoever and has left me flummoxed. It's just another kick in the teeth for the arts industry, and particularly touring musicians and bands who won't be able to play shows anymore and have once again been financially left behind in this pandemic. What exactly is this restriction supposed to achieve?

Unfortunately it does make sense given the virulence of Omicron. And yes it's a real kick in the teeth for musicians and all associated with putting on live music.

There goes my Cosmic Psychos show on Jan 21. **** I miss live music.

Unfortunately it does make sense given the virulence of Omicron. And yes it's a real kick in the teeth for musicians and all associated with putting on live music.

There goes my Cosmic Psychos show on Jan 21. fu** I miss live music.
I would agree with that if they were completely shutting venues. But they're not. Just dancefloors. People are still going to mingle and hook up regardless of whether there are dancefloors or not.

Warren Tredrea quits Channel Nine over vaccine policy: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ch...a/news-story/57be67ab2dd509689dc45fedd312b95b

What I find interesting is this line: "I’m fully vaccinated … but I’m not Covid vaccinated"

I've heard "I'm fully vaccinated" from a lot of people whose actions and just about everything else they say screams anti-vaxx. Is this code that I'm not aware of?

Warren Tredrea quits Channel Nine over vaccine policy: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ch...a/news-story/57be67ab2dd509689dc45fedd312b95b

What I find interesting is this line: "I’m fully vaccinated … but I’m not Covid vaccinated"

I've heard "I'm fully vaccinated" from a lot of people whose actions and just about everything else they say screams anti-vaxx. Is this code that I'm not aware of?
DING, DING, DING. WE HAVE A WINNER!!

He added it should be “a confidential right” and that people should be able to “make your own choice and do your own homework.

Court quashes visa decision
Judge Anthony Kelly reads out a minute agreed to by both the government and Djokovic, where he quashes the decision to cancel Novak Djokovic’s visa, orders government to pay costs, and for Djokovic to be released from detention in 30 minutes with his passport and personal effects released to him.

The minute notes Djokovic was allowed until 8.30am when he was originally detained to response to the notification to cancel his visa, but the decision was made at 7.42am.

It found if he had had more time he could have consulted more widely and responded further than he was able to.

This is why it was so delayed: they were coming to an agreement.

As much as I would be happy to see him denied entry if he did not comply with the entry requirement, it beggars belief that the government thought breaking the law was a viable method of enforcing their political will.

Thank god for an independent court system.

From wat I understand a Ministerial Deportation is the next possibility
Will be surprised if that happens. Within the next hour it will be all over the media that the whole thing was designed to make the feds look tough, and had nothing to do with a dodgy visa or any other story they have been spruiking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The political mileage for SloMo is there; public opinion is way in favour of the Feds on this.

Should make for some interesting Finals should he make it that far especially regarding our crowds which more often that not forget they are at the Tennis and it’s January and not the MCG in September

The political mileage for SloMo is there; public opinion is way in favour of the Feds on this.

Should make for some interesting Finals should he make it that far especially regarding our crowds which more often that not forget they are at the Tennis and it’s January and not the MCG in September
I disagree here. It will not take too much for a good publicist to show that #scottyfrommarkerting decided to pick on him for political gain. His name is mud here in Victoria anyways, and it is not hard to believe this and that he sacrifices virgins on the altar of public perception.

It is more likely imo that they will throw a low level officer from Border Force under the bus.

I'm happy for Novak. It was only sad cases that wanted him to fail anyway.

If he should be allowed, he should be allowed. Simple as that IMO. Whether he's a flog or not, or him excersing no logic with respect to CoVID in the past (not including vaccination choice in there) was irrelevant to the case.

I hope the woman that had been vaccinated but not on the approved list (Sputnik I believe) gets to play now. She didn't carry on or fight it either.

If he should be allowed, he should be allowed. Simple as that IMO. Whether he's a flog or not, or him excersing no logic with respect to CoVID in the past (not including vaccination choice in there) was irrelevant to the case.

I hope the woman that had been vaccinated but not on the approved list (Sputnik I believe) gets to play now. She didn't carry on or fight it either.
Sputnik? Is she from one of those former USSR satellite states?

I went into the chemist and asked for a test and they found one
939A1766-EE80-43A1-8678-AD966A033A6D.jpeg
Read the instructions and did the test waiting for the results
FEEADD11-25B2-4C19-AF70-3A6C701F6480.jpeg
Finding out it’s positive
583731FA-1E83-4217-946B-E312566A22D6.jpeg
Confused on why they now take urine samples to test Covid
EAF577DF-51C6-4218-9A27-10B6A173E396.jpeg
Does anyone know why they do that now? I’m confused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back