Discussion Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is gaming-inclined, AFL Evolution 2’s release date has been brought forward to this Friday. That seems like the closest we’ll get to living out the season we were so passionately discussing throughout the summer.

We’ll still get a season, we have to believe this or we will all go insane.

Not as much as losing them altogether
No idea why you would lose them altogether if they need the money now they can get it now. If they don’t need it now why would they expect a discount for a couple of years or they won’t join again. Doesn’t really make sense to me. Clubs will need all the money they can get next year because playing this year looks doubtful. Let’s hope not

No idea why you would lose them altogether if they need the money now they can get it now. If they don’t need it now why would they expect a discount for a couple of years or they won’t join again. Doesn’t really make sense to me. Clubs will need all the money they can get next year because playing this year looks doubtful. Let’s hope not
This is not about those who need the cash now.
It's as much a PR exercise as it is a financial strategy to assist cash flow now

This is not about those who need the cash now.
It's as much a PR exercise as it is a financial strategy to assist cash flow now
I’m unsure good PR will pay the bills. Cash flow will be fine. That’s why the afl just got a 600 million dollar loan. If I decided I didn’t need the money this year which I have it’s because I know our club need the money. I don’t need to take 30% off them for the next 2 years. They will need even more money.

The Australian Government has banned cruise ships from foreign ports (including round trip international cruises originating in Australia) from arriving at Australian ports for an initial 30 days, effective as at 11:59pm Sunday 15 March, 2020. This restriction will help avoid the risk of a cruise ship arriving with a mass outbreak of the virus and putting significant pressure on our health system.”

On the 18th, the Ovation of the Seas dumped 40+ infected passengers in Sydney, on the 19th March the Ruby Princess dumped 2,700 passengers, 450 of whom were infected.

Has Morrison instituted an inquiry as to why his command was ignored, with devastating effect?

But Home Affairs bungled again. Three days later, ABF and NSW Health waved 2700 passengers, over 500 of whom were ridden with coronavirus, off the Ruby Princess and into the community.
Currently, more than 10% of all virus cases in Australia were passengers on the ship, as well about a fifth of Australian deaths.

Doin a great job is the marketer.......stop the boats

The possibility of life elsewhere within an infinite universe has to be very strong. However, that isn't the same thing as Billy Bob in Arkansas and Jethro in Tennessee believing there are aliens living amongst us now, with the knowledge of the U.S. government. :D
I'm not sure that the universe is infinite, but I am confident that there is life elsewhere in the universe. Not so sure that there are many spacefaring races though. In order to travel interstellar distances, intergenerational ships are most likely required, even in the denser star populations closer to the galactic core. Intergenerational ships are such an investment that they most likely would only be a colonisation strategy. Not likely a vehicle for a casual visit to a star system on the way to somewhere else.

Narrow
Angry at being challenged

Not even close to his normal media professionalism

They deliberately put him in a difficult spot to get that reaction.

I thought what he was saying was quite clear, if you are struggling financially and you need the money give the club a call.

Also that this situation is stuffing up AFL clubs financially and they need all the money and support they can get so he was trying to dissuade people from asking for that option should they not need to.

I think if no/little games are played then anyone who asks for their money back has that right and Eddie knows that too but coming out and saying it could cause the clubs a lot of money financially.

Worst day so far here: 563 have died in the past 24 hours, taking the total to 2352.

Can't help but think the NHS being in a shambles in the 12-24mos before this has contributed to the numbers in the UK. The system was already at breaking point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fermi paradox

To me the insane number of planets mean there is almost zero chance of there not being life out there. It's not necessarily a paradox. That's an assumption that they are further advanced than humans (at least in designed long range travel), that they are a recognisable life form etc. There might well be planets with bacteria living in inhospitable environments or even plant like life.

They deliberately put him in a difficult spot to get that reaction.

I thought what he was saying was quite clear, if you are struggling financially and you need the money give the club a call.

Also that this situation is stuffing up AFL clubs financially and they need all the money and support they can get so he was trying to dissuade people from asking for that option should they not need to.

I think if no/little games are played then anyone who asks for their money back has that right and Eddie knows that too but coming out and saying it could cause the clubs a lot of money financially.

It made me worry for us. If Pudding Head is freaking out, imagine what position we are in. Hopefully we can get some SOS campaign out on Go Fund Me or something.

The Australian Government has banned cruise ships from foreign ports (including round trip international cruises originating in Australia) from arriving at Australian ports for an initial 30 days, effective as at 11:59pm Sunday 15 March, 2020. This restriction will help avoid the risk of a cruise ship arriving with a mass outbreak of the virus and putting significant pressure on our health system.”

On the 18th, the Ovation of the Seas dumped 40+ infected passengers in Sydney, on the 19th March the Ruby Princess dumped 2,700 passengers, 450 of whom were infected.

Has Morrison instituted an inquiry as to why his command was ignored, with devastating effect?

But Home Affairs bungled again. Three days later, ABF and NSW Health waved 2700 passengers, over 500 of whom were ridden with coronavirus, off the Ruby Princess and into the community.
Currently, more than 10% of all virus cases in Australia were passengers on the ship, as well about a fifth of Australian deaths.

Sounds to me like the NSW Govt was to blame.
Bit like those fools blaming Scomo for the Bondi beach party. It's all the marketer's fault.

To me the insane number of planets mean there is almost zero chance of there not being life out there. It's not necessarily a paradox. That's an assumption that they are further advanced than humans (at least in designed long range travel), that they are a recognisable life form etc. There might well be planets with bacteria living in inhospitable environments or even plant like life.

Whenever life gets you down Mrs. Brown
And things seem hard or tough
And people are stupid, obnoxious or daft
And you feel that you've had quite enough...

Just, remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour
That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned
A sun that is the source of all our power
The sun, and you and me, and all the stars that we can see
Are moving at a million miles a day
In an outer spiral arm at forty thousand miles an hour
Of the galaxy we call the Milky Way

Our galaxy itself, contains a hundred billion stars
It's a hundred thousand light years side-to-side
It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick
But out by us its just three thousand light years wide

We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point
We go round every two hundred million years
And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
In this amazing and expanding universe

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can whiz
As fast as it can go, the speed of light you know
Twelve million miles a minute and that's the fastest speed there is

So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure
How amazingly unlikely is your birth
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
Cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth

Not sure why its reported better in the UK.
-----------
New South Wales health officials have said they followed national guidelines which allow passengers to disembark if the route is considered "low risk". The Ruby Princess was given that status because it had been to New Zealand only and it had only been gone 11 days.
----------
Its easy to argue against that with all knowing hindsight, but with the information at the time its not so clear cut.
The passengers are blaming the ship, for not informing them that there were suspected cases on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back