Discussion Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone mentioned Kim Duthie having advanced cervical cancer?? I know she’s not popular around here but very sad if true.
Was an article in the HS about it yesterday

After reading the books Stasiland by Anna Funder and Wild Swans by Jung Chang I have come to the opinion that anything that comes from a communist government cannot be trusted, anything!
The leadership is only concerned with hanging onto power at whatever cost and the further down the political ladder you go, the worse people behave.

Agreed. Communism has killed more humans than anything in history on the political front.

Hhhmmm.

Neighbours two down are having a party. A third car has just rocked up, and the group is getting louder. Not sure what is the right thing to do. I feel like I’m being tested as a recent Australian.

To dob or not to dob that is the question.

Nah. Just gonna let them do their thing. I’ll tut tut tomorrow when we’re bringing our bins in.

Hhhmmm.

Neighbours two down are having a party. A third car has just rocked up, and the group is getting louder. Not sure what is the right thing to do. I feel like I’m being tested as a recent Australian.

Nah. Just gonna let them do their thing. I’ll tut tut tomorrow when we’re bringing our bins in.
Nuh, dob the kents in.

Hhhmmm.

Never been a dobber for noise at parties. That would make me a hypocrite. This is different I reckon. Not sure what I’d do. Won’t happen where I live. I’m the only one who ever has noises. Had the cops here many a time but it won’t be for a few months now. We had a great day yesterday. On houseparty for 6 hours. Had a few craft vb’s whilst we were at it.

Never been a dobber for noise at parties. That would make me a hypocrite. This is different I reckon. Not sure what I’d do. Won’t happen where I live. I’m the only one who ever has noises. Had the cops here many a time but it won’t be for a few months now. We had a great day yesterday. On houseparty for 6 hours. Had a few craft vb’s whilst we were at it.

You are definitely the most Australian guy imaginable. Bloody legend, mate! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hhhmmm.

It still amazes me how selfish "this minority" are, even during this pandemic.

The pandemic is a test of character, resilience and inner strength. Some have come up short already in being able to cope with it, e.g. the senseless hoarding early on. People just need to do the right thing by everyone. It's that simple a health message. It's really not that hard to do the right thing.

Hhhmmm.

Don't worry - pretty certain if it happens again someone else in the street will do it for you.

We had 3 interstate cars turn up in a holiday rental nearby - by the time my partner and I had the discussion about the ethics of the situation (she was keen to phone I was more on the wait a while side) the cops had turned up and the people were on their way back to NSW.

Turned out it was the owner but the local police weren't that convinced he and his family needed another 5 people in two other cars to check that the electricity was turned off.

I’ve never been a tell tale either and the internal pressure to remain that way was overwhelming.

At the end of the day the party was well contained and didn’t spill out into the front yard or street. And the girlfriend rounded them all up and shifted it inside at about 11pm.

I’m on talking terms with everyone on the street. There is a frail elderly couple on the other side of party house who are very fearful of the virus who would be worried and angry by that behaviour.

Also a family with 6 kids diagonally across the road who are doing lockdown tough. I’m pretty sure they will be feeling put out that despite all their effort to keep their family safe others are actively flouting those rules. Dad is an avid fisherman and hasn’t been able to take the boat out now for weeks.

But who am I to judge. I still drive out and go to work most days, so maybe people see me as a possible source of community transmission.

I think if I lived in a city where thousands were dying everyday the neighbourhood may have been a little less forgiving. But let’s be thankful we’re not there yet.

You guys are in a very different place from us Poms, where full lockdown is in operation, due to the death rate. If I see anyone taking the piss out of the rules this Easter weekend, there will be, as you Aussies say, a 'punch on'. It will be 1980s Aussie Rules. There is no excuse for business as usual here.

You guys are in a very different place from us Poms, where full lockdown is in operation, due to the death rate. If I see anyone taking the piss out of the rules this Easter weekend, there will be, as you Aussies say, a 'punch on'. It will be 1980s Aussie Rules. There is no excuse for business as usual here.

Make sure you wear gloves for said punch on. And have a shower after and wash your clothes.

I saw this Aussie dishing out some cooking tips and thought you may be interested in his take in Carbonara sauce.

ÉDIT: colourful language NSFW.

Make sure you wear gloves for said punch on. And have a shower after and wash your clothes.

I saw this Aussie dishing out some cooking tips and thought you may be interested in his take in Carbonara sauce.

ÉDIT: colourful language NSFW.

I'm vegetarian, mate, though it's always good to hear from Plugger66 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back