Could SUBIACO beat Gold Coast?

Remove this Banner Ad

Royalbeagle

Team Captain
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Considering SUBIACO’s level of professionalism and list of mature aged league players, could they beat Gold Coast?

hmmmm, I doubt it.
However I don't think Gold Coast would win by much (about 4-5 goals in the dry, 2-3 goals in the wet)

No chance, all Subi's ex AFL boys had very limited AFL careers....and Subi couldn't beat a Freo pumped Peel side in the 16/17 GFs......GCS would won by 6 goals minimum....

I ran a program that simulated a Subiaco v Gold Coast match using all available variables. Subiaco did, in fact, win this game by 21 points. Subiaco 12.13 (85) defeated Gold Coast 9.10 (64). I think that should end any speculation on the matter.

Having watched the 2019 WAFL Gf I really don’t think the gap is there at all. I think Subi May win this hypothetical. A preseason game would be good. Don’t know why this doesn’t happen.

It doesn't happen because AFL ideology is that these clubs should never meet - they want no traditional club sides in the AFL, only new composite sides which can be easily controlled. even to play such games would open people's minds to possibilities. And soccer fans (and others) might want a multi-tier, promotion and relegation system involving traditional club sides and the AFL won't encourage such ideas either.

I don't think Subiaco can beat Gold Coast. Subiaco is a good team in a league where the other 8 may struggle against amateurs league.

The WAFL is rated 4th best in terms of state leagues. Behind the VFL, SANFL, and TSL.

I don't think Subiaco can beat Gold Coast. Subiaco is a good team in a league where the other 8 may struggle against amateurs league.

The WAFL is rated 4th best in terms of state leagues. Behind the VFL, SANFL, and TSL.

Reckon wafl would be equal 2 with vfl behind sanfl. Surely better than tassie

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon wafl would be equal 2 with vfl behind sanfl. Surely better than tassie

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The last time the WAFL played against the TSL was 2016 and the WAFL won by 134 points. Even today, I'd imagine the WAFL would win fairly comfortably.

Going back over the last six years, the WAFL has lost just one state league game and that was against the SANFL last season. In that time, we've beaten the SANFL (on their home deck), defeated the VFL twice (once at home and once away) and had easy wins over the NEAFL and TSL. We're the second best competition in the country at the very least and you could make a case for the WAFL being the best league in the country at the moment.

Are you for real?
The WAFL has beaten all of the above both home and away in the last decade including annihilating TSL by 23 goals in 2016. The only game the WAFL has lost since 2013 was to the SANFL last year and that was mostly due to poor kicking at goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list at GC is growing incredibly strong. If they can retain the crop of talent they drafted over the last 3 years, they'll make some massive strides in the next couple of years. I think they've done pretty well this season so far.

Look forward to seeing more of Rankin and Rowell.

Ok, Subiaco are still kicking goals, but so are Gold Coast, so let me reframe this question.
Would Subiaco beat North Melbourne??

No chance .
I love the WAFL but most of Subi's side are either failed afl players or those not good enough.
Clark is one player who would definitely make the NM list though.

It's completely brilliant psychologically to see West Coast at the bottom of a league table below all of the WAFL clubs. Whether you call it karma or not, it's certainly a joy to behold. "For years they took the best of us and claimed then for their own".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back