Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't begrudge anyone venting their justified frustration at protestors. The name calling is pretty harmless and probably a healthy outlet in this forum. I've been accused of being a softy, and I probably am. I find it hard to judge the protestors very harshly and acknowledge this feeds some bias in the reptile part of my brain. We all get our dopamine in different ways, some healthy, some not so much. I think very very few people are irredeemable. (btw Arse getting very sore from this fence)

The Shrine was pissed on yesterday, literally.

In my view, the Shrine of Remembrance has in recent decades become entwined with the veneration of a rather militarist national identity, not something I'm really a fan of.

I say that, but I have a deep respect for what the place was meant to be in its founding: a shrine in the manner of a public tomb, housing the memory of so many young blokes who were shot up or blown up and left buried overseas, too far from their homes, unable to be mourned over by the people who loved them.

The protestors pissed on the wall of that place. They've forced the closure of a vaccination clinic which has been servicing vulnerable people.

Construction people help build things; these people are nothing more or less than destroyers.

In my view, the Shrine of Remembrance has in recent decades become entwined with the veneration of a rather militarist national identity, not something I'm really a fan of.

I say that, but I have a deep respect for what the place was meant to be in its founding: a shrine in the manner of a public tomb, housing the memory of so many young blokes who were shot up or blown up and left buried overseas, too far from their homes, unable to be mourned over by the people who loved them.

The protestors pissed on the wall of that place. They've forced the closure of a vaccination clinic which has been servicing vulnerable people.

Construction people help build things; these people are nothing more or less than destroyers.
Had only heard rumours of it actually being pissed on. For *s sake. I've got quite a few servicemen in my lineage, and this kind of behaviour would genuinely break their hearts. Using sacred ground as a toilet / whinge forum makes me see absolute red. Individual sacrifice for the collective good is lost on these ferals.

I did acknowledge it by asking if you were conflating the closure with mandatory vax. They're separate issues, why are you trying to conflate them?
I gave in and had to Google "conflate". At least I know what you mean now. Wasn't sure if it was related to multiple balloons.

I gave in and had to Google "conflate". At least I know what you mean now. Wasn't sure if it was related to multiple balloons.
I thought it was a type of breakfast cereal.

It's when you're expected to blow up a heap of balloons for your kid's party and you run out of breath and then con your wife into thinking you're still trying to inflate them, so that she will come in and help rather than calling you pathetic.

It's when you're expected to blow up a heap of balloons for your kid's party and you run out of breath and then con your wife into thinking you're still trying to inflate them, so that she will come in and help rather than calling you pathetic.
I can relate to that on many fronts.

VicPol doesn’t own a water cannon so the kids ain’t copping a spray. Shame. It would make for quality TV.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was referring to police action suggested by BF posters to squash the protesters. I was not concerned with the feasibility of the actions. Nor do I support the protests.

I don't begrudge anyone venting their justified frustration at protestors. The name calling is pretty harmless and probably a healthy outlet in this forum. I've been accused of being a softy, and I probably am. I find it hard to judge the protestors very harshly and acknowledge this feeds some bias in the reptile part of my brain. We all get our dopamine in different ways, some healthy, some not so much. I think very very few people are irredeemable. (btw Arse getting very sore from this fence)

This indeed is fence sitting of the highest order. :)

If you need help judging the protestors draw inspiration from the fact that George Christensen approves of their work.

1632362026730.png

It's such a beautiful place. Have a lot of friends from overseas who I take there, and many of them see it as their favorite spot in Melbourne and are moved by what it represents. Suspect if I took them there yesterday they may have been some in the crowd eager to tell them to go back where they came from. Just so happens that my friends from overseas are all vaxed as is their respect for their adopted home. These protesters have no idea what they're standing for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there photographic evidence of urination on the wall of the Shrine?

If so, that should single-handedly end the protests, because no-one would give a solitary * about your rights or personal liberty anymore.

This indeed is fence sitting of the highest order. :)

If you need help judging the protestors draw inspiration from the fact that George Christensen approves of their work.

View attachment 1243877

Well if I knew I was going to be associated with a questionable politician due to some specific shared viewpoint I would have expressed the opposite opinion.

I recant what I said before. Death to the protestors. A pox on their houses.

******* scum. My wife's a nurse, and spending much of her time doing the vaccines at the moment (a lot of overtime). They are copping abuse regularly from these *******s.

Absolute dregs.

Health workers at vaccine hubs targeted, spat at

By Rachel Eddie
Community health workers at cohealth have been instructed not to wear their uniforms or lanyards after staff were spat on and abused at the Town Hall vaccination hub in Melbourne, which has since been closed as a result of protests.

Nicole Bartholomeusz, chief executive of cohealth, said she was distressed to confirm that staff had been physically and verbally abused in the city while on their way to work who she said were targeted because of their jobs.

Is there photographic evidence of urination on the wall of the Shrine?

If so, that should single-handedly end the protests, because no-one would give a solitary fu** about your rights or personal liberty anymore.

Urine on the walls of the Shrine
By Carolyn Webb
Shrine of Remembrance CEO Dean Lee said yesterday’s protest was “a very troubling day” for everyone associated with Melbourne’s war memorial.
Up to 600 demonstrators converged on the site along St Kilda Road yesterday, leaving behind shattered glass, rubbish strewn everywhere, and urine on the walls, Mr Lee said.

******* scum. My wife's a nurse, an spending much of her time doing the vaccines at the moment. They are copping abuse regularly from these *******s.

Absolute dregs.

By Rachel Eddie
Community health workers at cohealth have been instructed not to wear their uniforms or lanyards after staff were spat on and abused at the Town Hall vaccination hub in Melbourne, which has since been closed as a result of protests.

Nicole Bartholomeusz, chief executive of cohealth, said she was distressed to confirm that staff had been physically and verbally abused in the city while on their way to work who she said were targeted because of their jobs.
Should turn that vaccination hub into an involuntary sterilisation clinic for would-be spitters.

Urine on the walls of the Shrine
By Carolyn Webb
Shrine of Remembrance CEO Dean Lee said yesterday’s protest was “a very troubling day” for everyone associated with Melbourne’s war memorial.
Up to 600 demonstrators converged on the site along St Kilda Road yesterday, leaving behind shattered glass, rubbish strewn everywhere, and urine on the walls, Mr Lee said.
Oops, quoted this post by mistake

******* scum. My wife's a nurse, and spending much of her time doing the vaccines at the moment (a lot of overtime). They are copping abuse regularly from these *******s.

Absolute dregs.

By Rachel Eddie

How does this fit in with the "my body my choice" stuff that they keep chanting?

Surely that applies to people who want to vaccinate too?

Even if not, why would you abuse the people who administer it who are just doing their jobs?

I guess it's the absolute lunatic fringe, but this group sure attracts a lot of them.

How does this fit in with the "my body my choice" stuff that they keep chanting?

Surely that applies to people who want to vaccinate too?

Even if not, why would you abuse the people who administer it who are just doing their jobs?

I guess it's the absolute lunatic fringe, but this group sure attracts a lot of them.
I’m making a choice for my body right now.
Hourly oral doses of IPA.

Things you only learn in an earthquake

1) Kangaroo joeys know it's coming. They were agitated right before the shaking started

2) Horses don't like earthquakes and require copious treats and grooming to calm down

3) My boyfriend's reaction was to grab the cat and run outside in his undies. I now know both that he is terrified of earthquakes (apparently due to a bad experience in South America), and my relative importance vis a vis the cat. Boyfriend also needed copious treats and grooming.

4) Based on my boyfriend's undie clad state, Earthquakes lead to shrinkage

Well if I knew I was going to be associated with a questionable politician due to some specific shared viewpoint I would have expressed the opposite opinion.

I recant what I said before. Death to the protestors. A pox on their houses.

I should have put a smiley in there. There was no intent on my part to associate you with that degenerate. My apologies.

On a serious note my view on the protesters is simple:

- They damaged private property
- They put public health at risk
- They disrespected a place which pays tribute to fallen soldiers

All of the above acts have taken place in their endeavour to protest against something I support (mandatory vaccination as part of a public health order). Some of those protestors (if not all) have enjoyed the privilege of work during lockdown while I and the people I employ have enjoyed no such luxury.

Sympathy? F* them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back