Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PM of Sydney helped a bit there.
Sure, their vaccine allocation aided them. But it wasn't their vaccine allocation that led to them testing way more than we ever have, and it wasn't their vaccine rollout that enabled them to limit the spread within LGAs quite effectively. We could have learnt from them

Sure, their vaccine allocation aided them. But it wasn't their vaccine allocation that led to them testing way more than we ever have, and it wasn't their vaccine rollout that enabled them to limit the spread within LGAs quite effectively. We could have learnt from them
What’s the current comparison in hospitalisations and death?

Yes.

It compared Victoria's slower opening response to NSW and then at the end implied it was an unscientific approach that was driving the Vic response.
If it makes you feel better I didn’t read it either.
Boring!

We currently have 786 in hospital and 147 in ICU, New South Wales have 552 in hospital and 124 in ICU. They've likely had more Delta-related deaths than us, but we'll probably catch up
So how are we tracking?

Domistan is welcoming young fellas like you Gouki every day

It's like the Irish fleeing the potato famine for America

Time to pack your Gemini and hit the Hume

I don’t think Gouki will pass the initiation ceremony.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I appreciate the offer, but Dom still scares me and some of my views. Chiefly on abortion, and that I find this statement to be a load of horseshit: “the confessional seal is sacrosanct no matter what sins are confessed”.

Anybody who brings 7 children into the world gives me some pause too. I don't think Dom would approve of me either.

In terms of what?

I don't want to make any predictions, because last time I made a Kirby-esque jinxy post.
Can’t you just look back to the stats for NSW a few weeks ago?
You said they did a better job.
Would be interested in the data.

It's likely to be a slightly worse outbreak than NSW, everything was pretty similar in terms of the lockdowns, but their lga focus, whilst potentially harmful in terms of feelings of equity, is likely to have improved covid outcomes a bit.
So what was the difference between their LGA lockdown and Metro Melbourne?

Not handy - I read somewhere today that the NSW covid wards are being reduced. I would look for you, but if you didn't like the stats you could ignore them. So i wont make further inquiry. Like Bill and Dan at a fundraiser.
I meant stats as in where we are now compared to where NSW were at the same point in the outbreak.
Winding down covid wards seems a bit hasty to me.
Hope it works out for them.

They had a less restrictive lockdown by targeting LGAs rather than a blanket approach. So their lockdown caused less damage.
I know, but what was the actual lockdown difference between say Western Sydney and Melbourne?
Talking rules here.

I am ashamed to admit that I have a weakness for the occasional KFC 3 Piece Box, but only if there are thighs and a leg available. No dry breasts or bony wings for me. The gravy I swap out for a coleslaw, so there is at least a semblance of health admidst the grease and fat.

No shame attached to KFC...If memory serves me correctly the 3 Piece Box evolved from the old Dinner Box... 3 pieces, roll, chips and a choice between potato and gravy or coleslaw... I always cashed in the chips and took both the coleslaw and potato and gravy... heaven in a box...

If memory serves me correctly the 3 Piece Box evolved from the old Dinner Box... 3 pieces, roll, chips and a choice between potato and gravy or coleslaw... I always cashed in the chips and took both the coleslaw and potato and gravy... heaven in a box...
The dinner box was gold.

So what was the difference between their LGA lockdown and Metro Melbourne?
They pushed vaccines more quickly into high risk areas and were tighter with travel outside and within those areas with mandatory testing for essential workers to leave and additional policing of behaviour within those areas. I think there's a cost to having done that, but it probably helped in terms of covid control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back