Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but what was the actual lockdown difference between say Western Sydney and Melbourne?
Talking rules here.
Mate you were the crybaby complaining that nsw wasn't locked down enough. You should know.

But their definition (or absence thereof) of what was essential service made for a far looser lockdown.

And they never banned golf.

They pushed vaccines more quickly into high risk areas and were tighter with travel outside and within those areas with mandatory testing for essential workers to leave and additional policing of behaviour within those areas. I think there's a cost to having done that, but it probably helped in terms of covid control.
I get that, certainly helped by the PM of Sydney.
Didn’t Metro Melbourne have similar rules though?

Mate you were the crybaby complaining that nsw wasn't locked down enough. You should know.

But their definition (or absence thereof) of what was essential service made for a far looser lockdown.

And they never banned golf.
Unkind Sidey.
NSW was not locked down fast enough. Go back and check it for yourself.

Our hard and fast lockdown seems to have done fk all extra.
It’s a shame. Would have been nice for Gladys to do the same. May not have made a difference, we’ll never know.
Yet to see any hard evidence they have managed this better.

I get that, certainly helped by the PM of Sydney.
Didn’t Metro Melbourne have similar rules though?
Was there mandatory testing of essential workers who were working in other areas?

Is Vic getting extra vax to the covid free states?

I'm not as positive about the lga targeting as some. As I think there's a price to be paid for treating one area differently to others. Particularly as it started in an affluent area - no restrictions - and then the LGAs that were smashed with tight restrictions were the poorer areas. I imagine there's a fair bit of anger.

Was there mandatory testing of essential workers who were working in other areas?

Is Vic getting extra vax to the covid free states?

I'm not as positive about the lga targeting as some. As I think there's a price to be paid for treating one area differently to others. Particularly as it started in an affluent area - no restrictions - and then the LGAs that were smashed with tight restrictions were the poorer areas. I imagine there's a fair bit of anger.
Seems to be both states are tracking at a similar rate, although Vic has had higher case numbers. This could be explained by lockdown fatigue, which NSW didn’t have.

My original post was that I blame Gladys for waiting too long to lockdown. That hasn’t changed.

What has changed is my realisation that you can’t keep it out forever. I just wish we had fewer cases before releasing the handbrake.

What is the NSW equivalent of Liverpool? That is where the irish usually arrived?
Liverpool.
Edit: Too slow. Though there was a migrant hostel in the adjacent suburb of Cabramatta that welcomed a lot of British and Irish immigrants, not to mention Harry Vanda and George Young.

Vic has relaxed some border restrictions.. people from Syd can travel to Vic if they're FV'd and they won't have to quaz it.. you can go anywhere in the state.. that's great re.. but that means people from Syd can travel to more parts of Vic than people from Melb.. Nsw demands home quaz on arrivals from Vic so Vic can't visit NSW and you can't travel from Syd to Melb for a visit.. unless you're prepared to quaz for a fortnight when you get home. Unbelievable re. It is what it is re.. it is what it is.

Last edited:
No shame attached to KFC...If memory serves me correctly the 3 Piece Box evolved from the old Dinner Box... 3 pieces, roll, chips and a choice between potato and gravy or coleslaw... I always cashed in the chips and took both the coleslaw and potato and gravy... heaven in a box...
There is no potato in the gravy anymore, which means I automatically swap it out for the coleslaw. You can actually swap the accompanying drink for one of the other items, which I would do if the gravy still had any substance to it. It might be called a 3 piece meal rather than box.

Liverpool.
Edit: Too slow. Though there was a migrant hostel in the adjacent suburb of Cabramatta that welcomed a lot of British and Irish immigrants, not to mention Harry Vanda and George Young.

Jinx

It’s a shame. Would have been nice for Gladys to do the same. May not have made a difference, we’ll never know.
Yet to see any hard evidence they have managed this better.
Like dan at a Labor fundraiser, that might be because you haven't looked. NSW's new case 7 day avg peaked at about 1414. Ours is at 1993 and appears to be still climbing.

I don't believe in apportioning blame or credit for who handled it better (as you appear to), but it does seem that our harder longer lockdown measures have had little effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like dan at a Labor fundraiser, that might be because you haven't looked. NSW's new case 7 day avg peaked at about 1414. Ours is at 1993 and appears to be still climbing.

I don't believe in apportioning blame or credit for who handled it better (as you appear to), but it does seem that our harder longer lockdown measures have had little effect.
Like all political parties at fundraisers. Let’s not be naive here.

It wasn’t me who claimed Victoria handled the outbreak better. I said that I blame Gladys for not locking down fast enough.

I stand by that. Look at the timeline when the first case was detected and show me I’m wrong.

What has changed is my realisation that you can’t keep it out forever. I just wish we had fewer cases before releasing the handbrake.
Just got to trust them and go with the flow. The latest projections look like a bad influenza year, rather than anything calamitous.

Just got to trust them and go with the flow. The latest projections look like a bad influenza year, rather than anything calamitous.
Certainly hope so. Vaccination rates have been amazing, there is genuine cause for some cautious optimism.

There is no potato in the gravy anymore, which means I automatically swap it out for the coleslaw. You can actually swap the accompanying drink for one of the other items, which I would do if the gravy still had any substance to it. It might be called a 3 piece meal rather than box.

Debatable whether there was ever any real potato in the 'potato and gravy' but nevertheless it tasted nice... so what is the point of the standalone gravy ? Chip dip ? ... I've been distant from a KFC for too long...

Debatable whether there was ever any real potato in the 'potato and gravy' but nevertheless it tasted nice... so what is the point of the standalone gravy ? Chip dip ? ... I've been distant from a KFC for too long...
If there’s no ‘potato’ in the gravy anymore, I’m never going back.

This ones for Sidey…

“Federal Parliament has rejected the recommendation of Speaker Tony Smith that there was a case for Parliament’s privileges committee to examine former Liberal frontbencher Christian Porter’s use of a blind trust to pay part of his legal bills in a defamation case against the ABC”

It’s called a conflict of interest Gladys.

“Former NSW premier Mike Baird has told the state's corruption watchdog he was "incredulous" after learning of Gladys Berejiklian’s secret relationship with an MP, which should have been disclosed for "good practice".

Go shoot those clays Daryl…

‘Mr Baird said he should have been told about the relationship as cabinet's expenditure review committee considered a grant proposal of $5.5 million to the Australian Clay Target Association, strongly lobbied for by Mr Maguire.

At the time, Ms Berejiklian was treasurer and chaired the committee.

Mr Baird said the connection should have been declared "in the concept of executing a public function".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back