Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And will now welcome the many smart Melbournians that are escaping the smog to enjoy our lifestyle.
The very small number that are smart enough of course.
There’s nothing quite like country dumb.

True.
Case proven that regional citizens know that doing the right thing gives you the rewards that idiotic arrogant citizens have been denied.
Well done Biff.

So what you're basically saying we should wait a bit more prior to opening up?

Gimpy, I know shitload of people in the industry and not a single one of them thought they'll get away working hospo with one jab.
Yes the messaging was confusing no doubt but bear in mind we're opening up earlier than expected and that's a contributing factor too.
In any case 99% of venues will be over the moon just to be open and if they're really struggling for staff they can borrow staff from bigger venues that won't be operating at full capacity.

Not at all.. I'm asking you.. when did you expect the bars and pubs to open.. December? Let's just dawdle and put it on the back-burner? And would it bother you say if you had 1 jabbed staffers.. and you were in amongst a crowd of 20 FV'd patrons indoors.. 50 outdoors?

Last edited:
This however begs the question as to why Sydney people are more compliant than Melburnites. Surely compliance is dependent on citizen's reactions to the message and approach of their leaders? Surely we are not the only city with such a large percentage of the population who make a sport out of leaping in and out of houses or climbing over rooves to attend illegal worship?
Whilst it hasn't helped with covid. Melbourne should be proud that it's not populated by a bunch of namby pamby rule followers like Sydney and the rest of Australia obviously is.

I don’t understand why the whinging Melbourne citizens haven’t planned to leave.
It appears they love the Sydney lifestyle, maybe they should gtfo of our state asap.
Maybe they don’t believe the words they speak.
Well reasoned….

Except moaning Melbourne dumb.
Surely you have the balls to back up your hatred of Victoria and move?
Maybe not.
I love Victoria mate. Love visiting the country. Love the journey home.

I’m a Catholic. Not very devout. One of 6 boys. My mum was one of 11. I have over 50 first cousins on one side. Calling Catholicism a cult would get you a punch in the face in my circles.
There have been eras in which it would have had you drawn and quartered, or burnt at the stake… doesn’t make it any less true though.

Calling Islam a cult will get you a similar reception in other parts of the world.

I don't understand what anyone sees in Christianity, particularly Catholicism, the Baptists or the clappy-happies.
Confronting the world as it really is is scary. It’s comforting to believe that when you die, you’ll get to spend eternity with all the people you loved during your life. I can definitely see the attraction to the fairy tale.

Not at all.. I'm asking you.. when did you expect the bars and pubs to open.. December? Let's just dawdle and put it on the back-burner?
Thought we'd start opening up next weekend.
I'm not even sure whether I'm working this weekend but the main thing is we're on the way to some sort of normality.
So forgive me for not giving a flying one about people that took ages to make up their mind or thought they'll get away without being fully jabbed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought we'd start opening up next weekend.
I'm not even sure whether I'm working this weekend but the main thing is we're on the way to some sort of normality.
So forgive me for not giving a flying one about people that took ages to make up their mind or thought they'll get away without being fully jabbed.

I don't think it's fair.. nothing you can do about it though. It is what it is.

I actually enjoyed the conversation re.. differing opinions.. no harm in that. Being the impartial judge that I am.. I won it on points decision re.. 51/49. Pfewwwwwww

Last edited:
I’m a Catholic. Not very devout. One of 6 boys. My mum was one of 11. I have over 50 first cousins on one side. Calling Catholicism a cult would get you a punch in the face in my circles.

my Catholic cousins also loved their violence

especially if their getaway was impeded

or at weddings

FMD - one Ballarat wedding of 2 Irish clans was a nightmare. Dad was the MC which he took as a mandate to do anything short of gunfire to restore order. My then gf watched the maul and said, ‘your family are peasants’, which was kind overall. Nice girl. She did better.

Confronting the world as it really is is scary. It’s comforting to believe that when you die, you’ll get to spend eternity with all the people you loved during your life. I can definitely see the attraction to the fairy tale.

People are mortified by the idea of death. The idea of transitioning to a blessed existence in the after-life (if you've been faithful and good) is the imaginary carrot that kept people in line.

There are many benefits to having a faithful existence. Less stress and anxiety for one thing.

I took after my dad. As a kid, I stayed in the car with him when mum and sis were in church. I'm not all that spiritual.

Sadly I can report that no arch-angels came to claim me during my near death experience last year (I was out for 15-20 minutes). Maybe they just ignore Melburnians.

Melbournians are simply arrogant.
The protests in the streets showed this. No following health directions (because it was health directions the government were implementing) because Melbournians know better.
The way regional Victoria was able to use lockdowns to snuff out the virus is proof of the difference between Melbournians and others.

People that speak their truth without fear or prejudice are unpopular but you execute your job with self-denial and gusto. Some might say that labelling the entire population of a metropolis as arrogant is a bit of a stretch, but don't worry, just be yourself mate. :thumbsu:

If you're going to bag us, please do us the courtesy of spelling Melburnians correctly. :) NMBB

my Catholic cousins also loved their violence

especially if their getaway was impeded

or at weddings

FMD - one Ballarat wedding of 2 Irish clans was a nightmare. Dad was the MC which he took as a mandate to do anything short of gunfire to restore order. My then gf watched the maul and said, ‘your family are peasants’, which was kind overall. Nice girl. She did better.

It’s more a tribal/cultural/community thing these days. I don’t think any religion is right - although my small brain tells me there must be some kind of higher power. If it was all a Big Bang on an infinite basis there must be unlimited galaxies full of infinite things. So there are infinite sideswipes? I can’t compute.

But my Mick upbringing means the vast majority of my mates are Micks who still stick together. Pre-Covid (and post) I have a quarterly dinner where 20-30 blokes from my year at school come together to get shitfaced at a Chinese restaurant (byo).

Being Catholic was very much part of our identity playing footy. Even after school. The manifestation of this was winning, getting really pissed and putting Sidey on the bench too often.

Multiply it by a million and it goes a way towards understanding why Jews stick together. Btw Jews and Irish Catholics have the same humour. Their weddings are better but our funeral wakes beat theirs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s more a tribal/cultural/community thing these days. I don’t think any religion is right - although my small brain tells me there must be some kind of higher power. If it was all a Big Bang on an infinite basis there must be unlimited galaxies full of infinite things. So there are infinite sideswipes? I can’t compute.

But my Mick upbringing means the vast majority of my mates are Micks who still stick together. Pre-Covid (and post) I have a quarterly dinner where 20-30 blokes from my year at school come together to get shitfaced at a Chinese restaurant (byo).

Being Catholic was very much part of our identity playing footy. Even after school. The manifestation of this was winning, getting really pissed and putting Sidey on the bench too often.

Multiply it by a million and it goes a way towards understanding why Jews stick together. Btw Jews and Irish Catholics have the same humour. Their weddings are better but our funeral wakes beat theirs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Irish wakes are the most glorious celebration of life there is.

Or you might say ‘dumb country’ and enunciate each syllable

PS I don’t have a dog in this fight, I just love the beauty of language
I especially love…
The Fat Cun, Fat Cun, Troller.
1634721768405.jpeg

You are truly pathetic. I’d be embarrassed for you if I cared.

Fk mate the first listing from that link B_W sent was for a 2 bedroom apartment going for $3 mil. :eek:

He must hate us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back