Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are mortified by the idea of death. The idea of transitioning to a blessed existence in the after-life (if you've been faithful and good) is the imaginary carrot that kept people in line.

There are many benefits to having a faithful existence. Less stress and anxiety for one thing.

I took after my dad. As a kid, I stayed in the car with him when mum and sis were in church. I'm not all that spiritual.

Sadly I can report that no arch-angels came to claim me during my near death experience last year (I was out for 15-20 minutes). Maybe they just ignore Melburnians.

One of my favourite thoughts about religious beliefs in general is along the lines of, “yeah there might not be a god, but if you’re wrong about the do unto others thing, at least you haven’t been a c-nt”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s more a tribal/cultural/community thing these days. I don’t think any religion is right - although my small brain tells me there must be some kind of higher power. If it was all a Big Bang on an infinite basis there must be unlimited galaxies full of infinite things. So there are infinite sideswipes? I can’t compute.

But my Mick upbringing means the vast majority of my mates are Micks who still stick together. Pre-Covid (and post) I have a quarterly dinner where 20-30 blokes from my year at school come together to get shitfaced at a Chinese restaurant (byo).

Being Catholic was very much part of our identity playing footy. Even after school. The manifestation of this was winning, getting really pissed and putting Sidey on the bench too often.

Multiply it by a million and it goes a way towards understanding why Jews stick together. Btw Jews and Irish Catholics have the same humour. Their weddings are better but our funeral wakes beat theirs.

I have a small brain too.

But, there is no higher power.
When you die, that’s it. You only exist in the memories of the living.
Your mick culture is important because it brings family and friends together.
The other stuff is rubbish.
Same for all religion.

John Lennon said some dumb s**t, but he was right when he said, “love is the answer.”

That’s the only truth.

Melbournians are simply arrogant.
The protests in the streets showed this. No following health directions (because it was health directions the government were implementing) because Melbournians know better.
The way regional Victoria was able to use lockdowns to snuff out the virus is proof of the difference between Melbournians and others.
Wow... I I think there is a small population across the world, a nation, a state a metropolis, a region a township are arrogant.

To label a city of nearly 5 million people as arrogant... is simply ignorant

It’s more a tribal/cultural/community thing these days. I don’t think any religion is right - although my small brain tells me there must be some kind of higher power. If it was all a Big Bang on an infinite basis there must be unlimited galaxies full of infinite things. So there are infinite sideswipes? I can’t compute.

But my Mick upbringing means the vast majority of my mates are Micks who still stick together. Pre-Covid (and post) I have a quarterly dinner where 20-30 blokes from my year at school come together to get shitfaced at a Chinese restaurant (byo).

Being Catholic was very much part of our identity playing footy. Even after school. The manifestation of this was winning, getting really pissed and putting Sidey on the bench too often.

Multiply it by a million and it goes a way towards understanding why Jews stick together. Btw Jews and Irish Catholics have the same humour. Their weddings are better but our funeral wakes beat theirs.

2 of my best buddies have a Greek background. Our bond is that we went to high school together and understood the nuances of growing up in a wog household. :) Religion doesn't really come into it, not in a conscious way even though technically we grew up Greek Orthodox.

We don't observe any religious tradition but we drink together... when not under house-fn-arrest.

People that live in Greece still attach importance to their faith, I don't think my kids will get married in church (if they get married at all). I see that as a step forward.

The wealth on display at the Vatican made me uncomfortable. The Sistine Chapel was one of the most awesome things I've seen.

Wow... I I think there is a small population across the world, a nation, a state a metropolis, a region a township are arrogant.

To label a city of nearly 5 million people as arrogant... is simply ignorant
Thing to remember about black_white is that almost everything he posts is bait.
If it’s not bait, it’s probably bragging about something he has or is doing.
Sometimes it’s fun to take the bait, often it’s not.
Gives me no joy saying this, but it’s the truth.

Fk mate the first listing from that link B_W sent was for a 2 bedroom apartment going for $3 mil. :eek:

He must hate us.
I think he loves you and was offering to shout. I'd ask for the one about 5 down. 3 bedroom, 250 metres squared with an opera house and Bridge view.

I don't like the tiles in the bathroom, but will pay for replacements if Black_White pays the rest.

One of my favourite thoughts about religious beliefs in general is along the lines of, “yeah there might not be a god, but if you’re wrong about the do unto others thing, at least you haven’t been a c-nt”
No question. Unfortunately too many religious folk lose sight of the “do unto others” and focus instead on the “do as per Leviticus”.

Taking the Bible as literal truth, as in believing the Earth was created in six days; also problematic for anyone in a position of power or leadership.

No question. Unfortunately too many religious folk lose sight of the “do unto others” and focus instead on the “do as per Leviticus”.

Taking the Bible as literal truth, as in believing the Earth was created in six days; also problematic for anyone in a position of power or leadership.
Not great for formulating a plan for zero emissions.

Our family has had weddings that are best forgotten. Fights, feuds, injuries, the groom losing his shoes (and barefoot in some wedding photos). We’ve even had one where the bride left during the honeymoon and filed for divorce.

The wakes? We just hire a pub and go for it. I quite like the wakes. Much prefer them to weddings - except someone has to die.:eek:

Bring on the booster shots. 6 months after your 2nd shot.

Sadly the most noble of vaccines won't be on the menu.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a horrible thought. If ScoMo goes to Glasgow, Barnaby Joyce will be acting PM. Surely that’s a good enough reason to cancel the trip? Stuff the climate.

That's awful on more than 1 level:

- We get ScoMo out of the country, but it's not permanent
- On his trip he is trusted with a job that will impact us for generations
- Bushwhacker Barnaby to guide and inspire us in his absence

Kill me now. Just do it.

Our family has had weddings that are best forgotten. Fights, feuds, injuries, the groom losing his shoes (and barefoot in some wedding photos). We’ve even had one where the bride left during the honeymoon and filed for divorce.

The wakes? We just hire a pub and go for it. I quite like the wakes. Much prefer them to weddings - except someone has to die.:eek:

Mum tells a story of a wedding she attended, when it came time for the speeches the groom was in the car park with a bridesmaid, shortest reception and marriage ever.

Shame about the third world countries that haven’t even started yet.

We could have kept producing AZ at cost for Indonesia next year. Shame.

EDIT: How much extra tax would you be willing to pay next year to help vax the world. 5K? more, less?

Last edited:
The Gimp's daily wisdom nugget

'When you're a citizen of Thessaloniki.. you're a citizen of Greece.. and what does that make you? A citizen of the world. And when you're a citizen of the world you understand the beauty of living a polyamorous lifestyle.. that's 50 shades of sexy right there re'.

We could have kept producing AZ at cost for Indonesia next year. Shame.

EDIT: How much extra tax would you be willing to pay next year to help vax the world. 5K? more, less?
I’d be happy to be extra tax. Developed nations need to do a lot more.

People often ask me and that re.. what do you mean by polyamorous and that re.. it's a love of everything.. love of lovemaking.. love of city.. country.. the world.. the environment.. animals.. science and art.. nightclubbing.. drinking.. the Collingwood FC.. the team.. the players.. the supporters.. every fragrance well almost and that re.. it's whaaaatever re.. a very big part of that is.. yes.. follow the r&rs and that re.. but don't let others do the thinking for you and that re.. let the players play the game.. let them think for themselves re.. if not.. what have you got left.. a side that parks the bus re.. how will you ever get the best out of De Goey.. Pendlebury.. Salah.. Firmino.. if you take that away from em re.. the magic is lost re.. let them think for themselves.. mix them all together.. and what do you get.. 🏆

It's Klopp.. it's the Hoffff maaaan............................it's the Hoff..

Screenshot_20211021-064053_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
People often ask me and that re.. what do you mean by polyamorous and that re.. it's a love of everything.. love of lovemaking.. love of city.. country.. the world.. the environment.. animals.. science and art.. nightclubbing.. drinking.. the Collingwood FC.. the team.. the players.. the supporters.. every fragrance well almost and that re.. it's whaaaatever re.. a very big part of that is.. yes.. follow the r&rs and that re.. but don't let others do the thinking for you and that re.. let the players play the game.. let them think for themselves re.. if not.. what have you got left.. a side that parks the bus re.. how will you ever get the best out of De Goey.. Pendlebury.. Salah.. Firmino.. if you take that away from em re.. the magic is lost re.. let them think for themselves.. mix them all together.. and what do you get.. 🏆

It's Klopp.. it's the Hoffff maaaan............................it's the Hoff..

View attachment 1264682
Is that legal what he's done with that dog?

You must have missed Scomo’s trip to the States last month. The Beetrooter has already been in the chair.

Was Barnaby wearing his hat? I hope he does when occupying the PM’s chair. As the saying goes: the bigger the hat the smaller the brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back