Tertiary and Continuing CPA Program

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone used the PDL Academy and forked out money for extra tuition or practice exam questions ?

Is it worth it ? or not needed ?

Has anyone used the PDL Academy and forked out money for extra tuition or practice exam questions ?

Is it worth it ? or not needed ?
I bought the revision book which was questions and notes. Well worth it because in an open book it was elite set of notes. Same with questions, a lot of questions were so similar you could copy over.

Would recommend (if its the same ones im thinking of)

Sent from my SM-N9007 using Tapatalk

How did people go in 2017 ?

I studied the one subject - Ethics and Governance and got a pass which am happy with. Subject 2 will probably be financial reporting in the new year.

How did people go in 2017 ?

I studied the one subject - Ethics and Governance and got a pass which am happy with. Subject 2 will probably be financial reporting in the new year.
I got a distinction on Ethics and Governance which I was pretty happy with considering I ran out of time and missed 8 marks. I think I'll be doing SMA this semester.

I got a distinction on Ethics and Governance which I was pretty happy with considering I ran out of time and missed 8 marks. I think I'll be doing SMA this semester.
Well done mate, I thought i did better than a pass, think i did well on the extended answer questions so must have got more of the multiple choice questions incorrect. In the end a pass is a pass and am relieved to have the first one done.

I will be enrolling in SMA as well, good luck with it. Hopefully we can touch base every now and again to see how the study is going and how you are finding SMA ?

Just finished. Super stoked.

I tell you what, finance people really study to much for what we actually do
Congratulations mate, huge achievement. Just finished my 2nd subject, Strategic Management Accounting. Onto Financial reporting next........

Congratulations mate, huge achievement. Just finished my 2nd subject, Strategic Management Accounting. Onto Financial reporting next........
Thanks mate.
Financial reporting is the toughest unit I think. Be sure to do plenty of short answer questions re: consolidations and deferred tax, they’re the main beasts.

Biggest tip I can give is use the whirlpool guide for CPA, there’s a great community and great advice in the OP.

Thanks mate.
Financial reporting is the toughest unit I think. Be sure to do plenty of short answer questions re: consolidations and deferred tax, they’re the main beasts.

Biggest tip I can give is use the whirlpool guide for CPA, there’s a great community and great advice in the OP.

100% Financial Reporting is the hardest subject.

Happy to be done! Ended up with 5 HD's and a D, sounds like a job well done but I reckon anyone who has English as a first language will have inflated grades because of it.

Happy to be done! Ended up with 5 HD's and a D, sounds like a job well done but I reckon anyone who has English as a first language will have inflated grades because of it.
Nah anyone who can manage 5 HD's and D has obviously put in a huge effort, congratulations and well done on such high grades

I did a CA rather than a CPA, but I'd imagine the exams and pass marks would be similar. In CA, only about 20-25% pass all there exams first time around.

work and study is a tough combo to balance
Out of interest, where did you get that stat from?

Out of interest, where did you get that stat from?

Looking at peers in the big four (big five back in those days)

Most dropped an exam along the way with a minority passing 5 in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at peers in the big four (big five back in those days)

Most dropped an exam along the way with a minority passing 5 in a row.
Ok cheers.

I finished the CA course at the end of 2015 so I was just curious.

Ok cheers.

I finished the CA course at the end of 2015 so I was just curious.

Well done

I found the hardest part of the course, not being the content but juggling work and study.

It’s a fabulous entry into the world of business.

Well done

I found the hardest part of the course, not being the content but juggling work and study.

It’s a fabulous entry into the world of business.
The biggest challenge for mine was the amount of content. So me it became about finding the most efficient way to get through each subject. I passed the final two by a combined total of 0.5 marks so I think I achieved that goal :D

The biggest challenge for mine was the amount of content. So me it became about finding the most efficient way to get through each subject. I passed the final two by a combined total of 0.5 marks so I think I achieved that goal :D

I remember coming back to the office for Friday night drinks. Everyone was talking about their tax results and urge me to check.

All I saw on the screen was "FAIL". I dropped my head into my hands with an "oh no!"

Thankfully a friend said "no, it says Login Fail"

Fortunately I passed

I remember coming back to the office for Friday night drinks. Everyone was talking about their tax results and urge me to check.

All I saw on the screen was "FAIL". I dropped my head into my hands with an "oh no!"

Fortunately I passed
Hahaha that’s a killer.

The toughest subject for me was financial accounting. I passed it by 0.5 of a mark. I just found it so boring.

Fortunately I passed

Tax was brutal for me, the night I found out I scraped through with a pass was a pretty big one.

I certainly don't miss those days of studying for my CA, worth it in the long run though.

Financial Reporting is by far the worst subject. I failed it twice, I don't really study though i just cram read the text book 2 days before the exam.

Getting my result this week for Investment Strategies, liked the subject so quietly confident. Will be 4 down if i pass with 2 more subjects to go.

4 down as well. Just finished financial reporting and got my result last night.
How did you go with it ? find it more difficult than the other 3 you passed ?

How did you go with it ? find it more difficult than the other 3 you passed ?
Yeah probably the hardest and I walked away thinking I struggled a little. I ended up with a distinction and my best mark yet which suggests a lot of people may have found it a little more challenging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back