Cricket 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

What? So it's pitch doctoring to produce a pitch that gives equal opportunity to bat and ball? Sorry, but that's rubbish.

It is just the nature of cricket wickets that they are either bowler friendly or batter friendly. Wickets never give equal opportunity. The degree of inequality is what varies.
When the ball moves as much as it did off the pitch, that is not, and never should be, a one day wicket.
IMO, ODI isn't about testing batting techniques.

It was absolute bullshit , mush better to watch a game like that , he doesn't understand that there is batting and bowling.

There can be good bowling on batter friendly wickets, just as there can be good batting on bowler friendly wickets.
That wicket turned what should have been an ODI spectacle into a 50 over, one innings test.
You don't get a pitch like that by accident.

It is just the nature of cricket wickets that they are either bowler friendly or batter friendly. Wickets never give equal opportunity. The degree of inequality is what varies.
When the ball moves as much as it did off the pitch, that is not, and never should be, a one day wicket.

There can be good bowling on batter friendly wickets, just as there can be good batting on bowler friendly wickets.
That wicket turned what should have been an ODI spectacle into a 50 over, one innings test.
You don't get a pitch like that by accident.
YHNI

Both teams play on the same pitch at the end of the day.

Get it that some decks suit certain teams/types of players but claims of "doctoring" are just bloody rubbish IMO. I think Damian Hough (I believe he's still the curator) would take exception to any such notion that AO is a doctored pitch & I'm certain he could prove you otherwise.

YID ive curated decks at Premier level and have worked on shield decks

Did you see any of the BBL wickets at AO resemble anything like that wicket on Friday?
NO!
Why was it so different to every other wicket that has been prepared there of late?
Because it was doctored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should it not be a one day wicket? Because over time, one day pitches have slowly been turned into flat tracks? Those were the sort of wickets you'd have seen 10-15 years ago and no-one would have said s**t about it. ODI's aren't about testing batting technique and they are not about how high you score. ODI's are about two teams getting 50 overs each to score what they can on the pitch provided. Sorry, but your opinion is jaded by the fact you have clearly bought in to the t20 cricket line that cricket is only fun if you are scoring big runs quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why should it not be a one day wicket? Because over time, one day pitches have slowly been turned into flat tracks? Those were the sort of wickets you'd have seen 10-15 years ago and no-one would have said s**t about it. ODI's aren't about testing batting technique and they are not about how high you score. ODI's are about two teams getting 50 overs each to score what they can on the pitch provided. Sorry, but your opinion is jaded by the fact you have clearly bought in to the t20 cricket line that cricket is only fun if you are scoring big runs quickly.

I don't actually like T20 cricket!

What do you make of the sledging drama Bedders?

IMO, cricket officials are handling it the wrong way.
Let the players sort it out with bat & ball, like it has always been. If you sledge and don't get runs you look like a DH, same thing if you sledge and don't take any wickets.

What do you make of the sledging drama Bedders?

IMO, cricket officials are handling it the wrong way.
Let the players sort it out with bat & ball, like it has always been. If you sledge and don't get runs you look like a DH, same thing if you sledge and don't take any wickets.
I'm not one to comment as I was a terrible sledger and got 2 holidays because of it . He did go too far when he got in Warners face , but I would've done the same as Warner asks for it. He should have got 1 match and also the Umps did nothing they are weak as piss these days

I'm not one to comment as I was a terrible sledger and got 2 holidays because of it . He did go too far when he got in Warners face , but I would've done the same as Warner asks for it. He should have got 1 match and also the Umps did nothing they are weak as piss these days

I'm surprised by your answer.
Agreed the umps are weak as piss and could easily stop it from getting to the point where a player needs to be suspended.
But...Suspending a player for sledging is piss weak and way over the top.

I'm surprised by your answer.
Agreed the umps are weak as piss and could easily stop it from getting to the point where a player needs to be suspended.
But...Suspending a player for sledging is piss weak and way over the top.
There was 1 bat I couldn't stand , that being former Tiger and 6 game Swan in Robert Lamb, i used to call him the softest so and so to wear a South jumper. Gave him a slower ball first up one day, hit the base of middle stump and then I followed him half way to the boundary. I should have got a holiday for that.

There was 1 bat I couldn't stand , that being former Tiger and 6 game Swan in Robert Lamb, i used to call him the softest so and so to wear a South jumper. Gave him a slower ball first up one day, hit the base of middle stump and then I followed him half way to the boundary. I should have got a holiday for that.

You've probably heard all the stories about Lenny Pascoe, mad as a cut snake, he would routinely go up to a new batsman and mark an "x" on their forehead.
Legend has it that in a club game at Bankstown Oval he got some lip from a batsman, next ball he bowled a bouncer one full stride over the popping crease that narrowly missed the batsman and landed just inside the boundary. When the ump warned him he threatened to beat the s**t out of him.

You've probably heard all the stories about Lenny Pascoe, mad as a cut snake, he would routinely go up to a new batsman and mark an "x" on their forehead.
Legend has it that in a club game at Bankstown Oval he got some lip from a batsman, next ball he bowled a bouncer one full stride over the popping crease that narrowly missed the batsman and landed just inside the boundary. When the ump warned him he threatened to beat the s**t out of him.
I have a white indoor cricket ball signed by Len and Joel Garner I won in a junior comp playing for Ramsgate RSL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back