Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
I did the bunker experience on the weekend. You can find out more info here - The Bunker

Our host was an AFC employee and Tony Modra! Food was excellent and there was a wide range of canned drinks to choose from. You had access to the bunker from your reserved seats for the day (probably took 2 minutes to walk from seat to the bar) so no lining up for drinks or toilets. Saw the players warming up pre game, sitting in the rooms at HT and singing the song at the end of the game.

I am a self confessed nuff and loved it, although not a cheap day out it was a great experience!

Only thing I would say that could've made it better was if there was beer on tap. A great day out all the same

Thanks for the feedback

Its been on my bucket list for a while to give it a crack. Glad to hear it was worth the money and effort.

Mods used to go on some of the overseas trips with supporters to go to USA sporting events, that the Crows organised.

Would love to know if anyone did that (although I don't think the club are doing these anymore). Spending a few weeks partying with Modra in the US sounds alright to me.

I did the bunker experience on the weekend. You can find out more info here - The Bunker

Our host was an AFC employee and Tony Modra! Food was excellent and there was a wide range of canned drinks to choose from. You had access to the bunker from your reserved seats for the day (probably took 2 minutes to walk from seat to the bar) so no lining up for drinks or toilets. Saw the players warming up pre game, sitting in the rooms at HT and singing the song at the end of the game.

I am a self confessed nuff and loved it, although not a cheap day out it was a great experience!

Only thing I would say that could've made it better was if there was beer on tap. A great day out all the same

Sounds like a good experience. How much?

Always wanted to do it but don't drink so never really thought the cost justified going.
Maybe if I won it through a competition.

Was meant to go in 2021. But due to covid the game I booked (Adelaide-Hawthorn) was moved to Melbourne at the last minute. Rebooked for the Brisbane game in 2022.

Seats are crap (Well, gimme my regular front of 500s, dead center wing instead of the back of 100s right behind the goals)
But the experience is good.
Food was great.
Sometimes the line for beer can get annoying (When you have ~200 people trying to get their unlimited drinks at the breaks it can take a while - Probs why they go cans, quicker service)
And I wasnt big on mismatch (maybe the new sponsor makes a better brew?)

Also - I wonder if the staff member who collapsed when I was there made a recovery, and what happened. Lucky it was where it was (right next to the door, and on the other side of the door was the carpark and you can see the ambulance right there!!!)

I might try and do a showdown one year. That would be cool. Look into both rooms.

For all the "hospitality" packages I've ever done

1) SANFL Grand Final - 2022 Grand Final - Bodyline Bar - The cocktail food kept coming and was plentiful. The Bar staff even walked around with trays of beer to reload when you're out. Sometimes you had to go to the bar. But quick service.

daylight

2) SANFL Grand Final - 2020 Grand Final - The Deck -More a BBQ setup, which isn't really my preferred preference when it comes to food. But it wasn't bad (Well, the game was) Good atmosphere right next to the hill

daylight

3) Arsenal vs Chelsea - 2014/15 - The lowest level Arsenal do - I loved how pre-game you had a buffet lunch, a legend of the club comes round to each table, talks to you, get a photo etc. And it was still an open bar in your corporate box. Only issue was you couldn't take your drink to your seat. Sure, you could drink standing in the box. But behind the windows/closed door you miss out on the atmosphere

4) Netherlands vs Argentina - 2022 FIFA World Cup Quarter Final - The lowest level FIFA did - Pre-game, it was the high quality cocktail food you got at the Bodyline Bar. Quick service at the bar. But the only issue was it was only a pre-game package. You go to the stadium, and now you're just a regular person. And considering Qatar's stance on alcohol, meant no alcohol. (Yet I still get drunk at the bar before hand. Go figure)

5) Adelaide vs Brisbane - 2022 - The Bunker - Probably the best food, but the service (drinks side) wasn't up to the level as everything else above. Then the seats were the worst. At least the package lasted the whole game

6) Port Adelaide vs Richmond - 2020 AFL Preliminary Final - Some basic thing Richmond put together - Only way to get a ticket. I mean, I got 3h open bar at the Richmond Hotel before hand. Adequately staffed bar. Poor food. But like the World Cup. Get to the stadium, you're funding your own way. I mean. It wasn't a normal hospitality package. It was something Richmond put together. So I actually respect them immensely for even putting it all together........On short notice..........For an away game. Under those circumstances, amazing. But yeah, kinda unfair to compare it.

Thanks for the feedback

Its been on my bucket list for a while to give it a crack. Glad to hear it was worth the money and effort.

Mods used to go on some of the overseas trips with supporters to go to USA sporting events, that the Crows organised.

Would love to know if anyone did that (although I don't think the club are doing these anymore). Spending a few weeks partying with Modra in the US sounds alright to me.
I went on one of those USA trips with Mods (Peter Caven and Biglands also joined) and it’s honestly one of the best holidays I’ve done (New York and Seattle). Can confirm that one night in Seattle I got back to the hotel at 4am and Mods was sitting there with someone else also on the trip eating pizza 😂. Left one of the NFL games with him early as it was complete s**t and went back to the tailgate party for cheap drinks and food, wow that ended up a long day! Absolute top bloke and still says hello to me if we cross paths at a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back