Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who are now sitting at a bit of a profit it's time to figure out your exit strategy. Here's a few different options:

-Hold indefinitely
-All in until BTC/alt of choice hits $X
-All in until your portfolio hits $X
-Selling half when you double you've doubled your money and free carry the rest
-Cashing out X% of your portfolio incrementally when BTC/alt of choice hits $X
-Cashing out X% of your portfolio incrementally when your portfolio hits $X

It's important to have an exit strategy in place, as it's easy to get swept up in rush of endorphins when seeing a dominant portfolio.

Damn I wish I didn't spend all that BTC I bought at 40k.
Weed wasn't even that good. :(
I remember buying MDMA in November 2013 when 1 BTC was a measley $200USD

Two weeks later, when I actually got my order, BTC was at about $1000USD. I got robbed blind.

Nice mate.

I sold my portfolio minus ADA, Powr, LTC and 40% ETH. Will see what happens in the next few weeks.

To be honest the last few days has just been a weight off my shoulders lol 😂

My buy in prices were (in USD) DOT $4.77 (also bought the dip at $22), ETH $377, CRO 5c so I was more than happy to pull out almost 6 figures and just sit back for a bit.

I would say I’ll most likely be back in at some stage in the future though 👍

For those who are now sitting at a bit of a profit it's time to figure out your exit strategy. Here's a few different options:

-Hold indefinitely

It's important to have an exit strategy in place, as it's easy to get swept up in rush of endorphins when seeing a dominant portfolio.

This is something I really need working on as I had no plan previously but to hold everything indefinitely.
Now im holding BTC & ETH indefinitely but have taken out my initial investment on all alts I have that have doubled. And have just left that aside so I can buy in again if things dip or crash.
I was then going to just let what remained ride and see what happens however im starting to think of putting a strategy in place where I take say 25% profit every 50% increase or something along those lines.

Last edited:

-Hold indefinitely

You tell me when the top will be and I'll tell you my exit strategy :tearsofjoy:

Was a big deal but FMD how many times do you sell and it booms and then buy and it falls...

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Used to happen all the time to me, and still does occasionally. Oftentimes it pays to be a contrarian and trade in opposition to the herd. Look for sentiment on social media as a cue.

If most of your trades end with a loss, trade against yourself. If you feel like buying, sell. If you feel like selling, buy. The market is designed to play on your emotions.

Used to happen all the time to me, and still does occasionally. Oftentimes it pays to be a contrarian and trade in opposition to the herd. Look for sentiment on social media as a cue.

If most of your trades end with a loss, trade against yourself. If you feel like buying, sell. If you feel like selling, buy. The market is designed to play on your emotions.
Yeah I mistyped, it wasn't an issue, still made a profit but not as much as it could have been an hr later

I've only sold at a loss when I've bought more at a lesser price and can cover the loss. Otherwise I ride it out.

To be fair ive only been involved since June 2021 and only had to deal with prices basically going up and holding. Haven't been through a bear market yet.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back