List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why was Holman a 'bad call' on a 1 Year Minimum contract? A bloke that tries his guts out and averages over 6 tackles a game. We were screaming out for blokes who can tackle in our forward line, he is also 7th in the entire league for tackles.

I would be happy to give Aaron Young another year contract on minimal coin while the likes of Powell and Ainsworth bulk up.

You hope by the end of next year, unless they improve the likes of Young and Holman are replaced by young classier players, and will play a role as NEAFL players/injury cover.

Some of you guys are real hard to please unless every player we bring in turns into the next Patty Cripps, but each to their own.

Why was Holman a 'bad call' on a 1 Year Minimum contract? A bloke that tries his guts out and averages over 6 tackles a game. We were screaming out for blokes who can tackle in our forward line, he is also 7th in the entire league for tackles.

I would be happy to give Aaron Young another year contract on minimal coin while the likes of Powell and Ainsworth bulk up.

You hope by the end of next year, unless they improve the likes of Young and Holman are replaced by young classier players, and will play a role as NEAFL players/injury cover.

Some of you guys are real hard to please unless every player we bring in turns into the next Patty Cripps, but each to their own.
Well said, no one expects Holman or Young to bring us to finals but i would rather than player than the likes of Scrimshaw who shouldn't be near it.

You are crazy , even Hartung , Brandon Ah Chee signed a year contract with their club and yet you want to extend Young contract after signing two year .

You are crazy , even Hartung , Brandon Ah Chee signed a year contract with their club and yet you want to extend Young contract after signing two year .
I was under the impression his contract expires this year?

If it expires this year, throw him a 1 year contract on minimal cash.

If it runs to the end of 2019, just leave it there and reassess end of next year.

Holman has been a great contributor to the team this year and fully deserves an extension. If half the players on our side played with his level of determination we would be taking it to teams every week.

Holman has been a great contributor to the team this year and fully deserves an extension. If half the players on our side played with his level of determination we would be taking it to teams every week.
I think we all agree he is committed and at least achieving close to his best which is all you can ask
It just seemed sad that on the same day Adelaide was able to trumpet Sloane's signing we rolled out a year extension to Nick Holman as a press release!

It's not like every player on our team has to be a star. We need role players and Holman is one them as is Sexton, Lemmens, possibly Schoenfield. Holman only played total 9 games before joining us. You expect inconsistency bu he is hard at it, competes and is a team player. We don't have many players like that. He also improved his disposal. He had some average games but also several games I had him in top five.

Dew doesn't care what pick number you went at in the draft, where you're from, who you are. He has set standards and is rewarding those who meet them. The best 22 might not get picked but something had to be done and culture is built through meeting standards.
Holman is getting rewarded for leaving no stone unturned with his training and efforts.

No Darcy can't stay.... because I read here on big footy we will want to let him go to free up list spots....

I kid I kid... well not about reading it...

But great to hear Darcy is staying. A well deserved extension.
Hahaha that is me , so the next guess will be Lonergan and Leslie . In the end all of them signed up for two years :D. Weird no News from GC website for Darcy extension , are they waiting for Swallow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha that is me , so the next guess will be Lonergan and Leslie . In the end all of them signed up for two years :D. Weird no News from GC website for Darcy extension , are they waiting for Swallow.
Think I seen the Darcy extension on the club Facebook page today... Or maybe that was Tom Boswell... Will look

Think I seen the Darcy extension on the club Facebook page today... Or maybe that was Tom Boswell... Will look
Nah I am happy I get it wrong , I google but paidwall , anyway I always get mix up with lemon and Darcy eventhough they look different . Maybe one everybody dislike and the other everybody loves but both playing Pressure type of role .

SUNS forward Darcy Macpherson has celebrated his return from a broken leg by announcing he has signed a new two-year deal with Gold Coast who will promote the rookie to the senior list in 2019.

Macpherson has spent three years on the rookie list, feverishly working on his game in the hope of securing a spot on Gold Coast’s senior list.

The 20-year-old son of former Footscray player Stephen Macpherson was due to come off contract at the end of this season and despite playing in the opening five games of the AFL season, a broken leg suffered in the Round 5 QClash threatened to derail his year.

But Macpherson revealed the Suns had back him in by extending his contract until the end of 2020.

“We worked through it with (Suns list manager) Craig Cameron,” Macpherson said.

“I got a two-year deal on the senior list. It’s great that they have put belief in me to stay here for another two years on the primary list.

“It’s a bit of an upgrade from slugging away on the rookie list for three years but it’s great to be up there for 2019 and 2020.

“It gives me security and I can really settle down and not stress about what is happening.”

Macpherson missed 16 AFL games while working his way back from a broken leg before making his anticipated return to football through the Suns NEAFL team against Brisbane on Saturday at Metricon Stadium.

87cb2e3c3d5cfb713da773cebbc64697

Darcy Macpherson made his return to football for Gold Coast through the club's NEAFL side on Saturday, August 18, at Metricon Stadium against the Brisbane Lions. Picture credit: David Layden, NEAFL.
Macpherson collected 21 possessions in the 17.15 (117) to 3.8 (26) loss and showed no hesitation in throwing his body into contests while playing through the midfield and at forward.

“I couldn’t be more happy to get through the game and get the feeling of hitting bodies again,” Macpherson said.

“I was just happy to get through unscathed.

“I was confident with all the work I had done with (rehabilitation manager) Alex Rigby and to get a few knocks early on the body helped me build the confidence to do it again.”

Macpherson said he hoped to earn a call up to play in Gold Coast’s final game of the season against Geelong this Saturday.

“It would be a good opportunity to finish off the season with a game before going into the 2019 preseason with some confidence,” Macpherson said.

“Hopefully the coaches talk about it and put me up for selection and I’m more than happy to go again.”

Suspect it has more to do with camera angles/set up/framimg and sitting in the middle of the lockers rather than tucked up in the corner under 24

That would make sense.
Wasn’t aware of the change room layout.
In any case I’m sure will be good news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back