Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

When organisations create a op security dept, they should spend the same amount money on beefing up operational groups to address what they find.

Otherwise the backlog gets tagged onto other priorities and isn’t a priority

But ‘gee look what we are doing’ big noting themselves and making sctual workers look bad

Do I sound bitter?
I hear you, been there done that.

On the other side we just went through a major upgrade that stopped all other code development for like 6 months. Going to meetings was like this.

Them: "So what the status of X123-4?
Me: Not done.
Them: "any idea when...
Me: Nope! Just like I said last week.

I hear you, been there done that.

On the other side we just went through a major upgrade that stopped all other code development for like 6 months. Going to meetings was like this.

Them: "So what the status of X123-4?
Me: Not done.
Them: "any idea when...
Me: Nope! Just like I said last week.

Are we in the same meeting?

Boss: Where's X123-4
Sataris: Still working through the security tickets OPSEC-1 through OPSEC-29
Boss: I need X123-4 urgently
Sataris: Sure, just send me an email saying you want me to stop work on OPSEC, and I'll get right on that.
Boss: Carry on.

Boss: Believe me, you’re not getting smashed as much as I am.

I just filled in my people survey.

Main comment. Part of the org is merging another part is de merging. At the same time you are outsourcing parts of the workload which never even got outsourced at the height of the outsourcing boom.
And you decided to reduce headcount by offering early retirement when a skills shortage was absolutely forseeable.

Ok the outsourcing will mean eventually reduced workload but right now the change workload is immense

Boss: Believe me, you’re not getting smashed as much as I am.

I just filled in my people survey.

Main comment. Part of the org is merging another part is de merging. At the same time you are outsourcing parts of the workload which never even got outsourced at the height of the outsourcing boom.
And you decided to reduce headcount by offering early retirement when a skills shortage was absolutely forseeable.

Ok the outsourcing will mean eventually reduced workload but right now the change workload is immense

Nobody reads those btw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back