Bigger

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2001
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
need to take a good look at themselves
No-one needs a reminder of what happened last time a cyclone called Tracy visited a farflung Australian provincial centre. I don't think it's possible to do 7.2 billion dollars worth of damage to Geeeebung, but I'd like to see Josh try.

Very strong feeling brewing that this game may be the one where the Big Cohuna drops jaws. Lead hard to the foot, big fella, and leave no dust on the shelf.

Go strong. Go well.

Last edited:
No-one needs a reminder of what happened last time a cyclone called Tracy visited a farflung Australian provinicial centre. I don't think it's possible to do 7.2 billion dollars worth of damage to Geeeebung, but I'd like to see Josh try.

Very strong feeling brewing that this game may be the one where the Big Cohuna drops jaws. Lead hard to the foot, big fella, and leave no dust on the shelf.

Go strong. Go well.

Don't actually mind the new thread.

It's an odd one - came in as a big 18 year old full of strength and poise. Felt at home on field immediately and kicked a few big ones nice and accurately. Probably was dropped a little early this season but he hadn't elevated to where he needed to be.

It's like he's either going to get 3 disposals and be completely unsighted or land 12 tackles and kick a bag.

He's a pure forward though and will need to learn how to work his way up the ground the way Tabs and Lobb have done this season.

Probably was dropped a little early this season but he hadn't elevated to where he needed to be.

He was dropped because he wasn't fit. He only played round 1 because there was nobody else.

I went a little early but I see that Josh has caught the attention of the wider football world.

The thing I like about him - apart from the fact that his highlight reel when he was drafted featured him running past the ball to kill a bloke - and apart from the fact he kicks the ball straight enough to be used as an architectural device - and apart from the fact that he appears to delight in moidering bums - is his onfield leadership.

He splits the middle and the first thing he is doing is patting the bloke who gave it to him on the back and then he's looking downfield, pointing and acknowledging - "Nice job, Moose - looking good. Onya Clarkey, I'm seeing what you're laying down, fella. Fyfe, gotcha, buddy. Next time, Slayshaw - keep at it."

The swagger is there. The sweat to earn the swagger is there. You'd love playing with him. It's leadership group for him next year or this club is more ****ed than it looks.

I went a little early but I see that Josh has caught the attention of the wider football world.

The thing I like about him - apart from the fact that his highlight reel when he was drafted featured him running past the ball to kill a bloke - and apart from the fact he kicks the ball straight enough to be used as an architectural device - and apart from the fact that he appears to delight in moidering bums - is his onfield leadership.

He splits the middle and the first thing he is doing is patting the bloke who gave it to him on the back and then he's looking downfield, pointing and acknowledging - "Nice job, Moose - looking good. Onya Clarkey, I'm seeing what you're laying down, fella. Fyfe, gotcha, buddy. Next time, Slayshaw - keep at it."

The swagger is there. The sweat to earn the swagger is there. You'd love playing with him. It's leadership group for him next year or this club is more ****ed than it looks.

He has come on a heap this season. Massive leap in form and performance.

Who is it that is giving him recognition now?

A shame it wasn’t a feature on Fyfey after a long feature on Jake Lever. You’d definitely fast forward through that then. You know, better Nate than Lever.

Ah heck. Don’t worry, I’ll see myself out.

Isn't there already a thread for this guy?

He's an absolute asset and his marks v Western Bulldogs were massive. protects the space, uses his body, a few times he was taking marks with three guys behind him and just kept his eye on the ball. strong arms, soft hands. the fact Amiss wasn't there and the way Treacy and Amiss are different sorts is pretty exciting. don't think there's been a combo that good at Freo since Pav and Ryan Murphy's little purple patches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 5 year Pav/Mayne combo was far superior to the 12 matches Murphy played that were any good
I liked Mayney. thought it was abhorrent how Buckley came out in the media and just said 'we shouldn't have drafted him' but he was had one unreal season and a few pretty strong ones but I suppose the Lyon style stifled him. that idea of him playing as a 'defensive forward' defied belief...

Murphy was a beautiful set at goal but he'd kick four, then kick one, then get booted out the team for 10 weeks. if I remember correctly he was a professional for about eight years so doubt he complained about his 250 grand a year and kicking lazy tonnes for Souths but he was a bit hard done by the Dockers.

I wonder what Troy Longmuir's up to...

He looks to be building himself a very good season, top 10 in the Coleman Medal so far is nothing to sneeze at, we need Amiss to get back to form though.

I liked Mayney. thought it was abhorrent how Buckley came out in the media and just said 'we shouldn't have drafted him' but he was had one unreal season and a few pretty strong ones but I suppose the Lyon style stifled him. that idea of him playing as a 'defensive forward' defied belief...

Murphy was a beautiful set at goal but he'd kick four, then kick one, then get booted out the team for 10 weeks. if I remember correctly he was a professional for about eight years so doubt he complained about his 250 grand a year and kicking lazy tonnes for Souths but he was a bit hard done by the Dockers.

I wonder what Troy Longmuir's up to...
Mayne was an exceptional forward. Prior to his foog injury he kicked a lot of goals, and many from a distance.
After coming back from injury he struggled to kick 40 metres.
Bug when he went to the Pies, they mistoom him for someone else. His contract was ludicrous. But he had a couple of good seasons at the Pies. Became an intgeral part of the team. A go to player who knew just where to be to get a play moving. Under estimated by many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back