D3 D3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect rog. And if you go through my posts over the past few years i have said that its on the cards. Im a big ammos man, (more ways than one) and i feel like i am fighting a 1 man crusade against the nethandorals at the WRFL to hold people accountable for dog acts which seem frequently appearing over there. But as i am in no official role at the club, nor have i been able to get down there, i can't really shed any more light other than what you put in your post.

I also have full faith that the Democratic society we live in will mean the members of the club will decide where they play in 2018 and onwards and not one persons decision. footy clubs are there for there members.

Maybe Michael Sholly and Benny Goodman should get down the freeway and get involved. Not sure Sholly knows where the west gate is.

Snorlax will be estatic about less travel if it goes ahead
This is dejavu for us at Westbourne mate we have been thru this member vote crap and look what happened to us juniors one way seniors the other. Lets be fairdinkum you have around 20 odd junior teams playing in the Western Region all have voting rights as they are paid up members. You have 2 teams in the VAFA democratic process really watch the lobbying start and then comes some friction and it gets hard to get everyone back on the same page.

Not a forgone conclusion. This emailed to members yesterday
Its a forgone conclusion unless you vote out the Committee. To be honest it will be a very sad day if in two weeks time we play each other for the last time. I have enjoyed the banter some friendships and the competitive games between us we have become a better club on the back of the Point Cook rivalry.

Its a forgone conclusion unless you vote out the Committee. To be honest it will be a very sad day if in two weeks time we play each other for the last time. I have enjoyed the banter some friendships and the competitive games between us we have become a better club on the back of the Point Cook rivalry.
Might have to play preseason annual cup game Rog!

Luv too mate but we have a policy dont play WRFL teams. I will say a massive thx to Point Cook just made recruiting for next year a whole lot easier.

How bad is the WRFL? Are they really that rough and dirty?

What are the main benefits of going back to the WRFL? And will it be tough to find the required cash to pay players?

Albert Park will be licking their lips at the prospect of you guys going, for it will mean they won't be getting relegated!

Well you will have 100% of the pool in the Wyndham area for those wanting to play ammos.

I dont necessarily disagree with you, but i will make on thing clear, i still support my club no matter what league they are in. I might disapprove the choices made or to be made, however, it doesnt mean i wont be rolling my sleeves up helping them achieve what we are all in it to achieve.

I will be gobbing off publicly like a cut pig until the WRFL address their issues, and not leaving them upto clubs to determine thier own punishments like they have been.

Because the playing group and the next generation of players for our club deserve to be able to play in a safe and clean comp, and i will strive for that.

I think its more likely than not likely that we will be in the WRFL.

What are the main benefits of going back to the WRFL? And will it be tough to find the required cash to pay players?

Albert Park will be licking their lips at the prospect of you guys going, for it will mean they won't be getting relegated!

One thing the new mangement of the club have driven is off the field. They seem to be going well there with corporates etc.

The other bonus is i am led to believe we are getting lights on our main oval. Allowing revenue to be raised with bigger crowds etc.

Reckon there will be waived affiliation fees for first few years as seems to be standard practice for other clubs joining that comp.

As for Albert Park, result on the weekend, i dont think they will be preparing to rely on anything. We play each other next week which is a genuine 8 point game

Maybe get new management to chat to districts see if they are having issues with their transition from the outside in it looks like they are not the strong club they used to be.Paying players sounds great in theory but creates a whole other world of problems. Not to mention the baggage that comes with WRFL. It might sound like an idea at the time but really how many incidents do the WRFL have compared to VAFA might be a bit of travel but in the ammos your ambulance subscription isnt the first thing you pay.

Pretty sure you will find a strong connection with our president and the head honchos at districts

Pretty sure you will find a strong connection with our president and the head honchos at districts
I am well aware of your presidents links what I was suggesting that some of my connections and you are aware of mine seem to be indicating it hasnt gone the way they expected.

One thing the new mangement of the club have driven is off the field. They seem to be going well there with corporates etc.

The other bonus is i am led to believe we are getting lights on our main oval. Allowing revenue to be raised with bigger crowds etc.

Reckon there will be waived affiliation fees for first few years as seems to be standard practice for other clubs joining that comp.

As for Albert Park, result on the weekend, i dont think they will be preparing to rely on anything. We play each other next week which is a genuine 8 point game
Bigger crowds will be great but will it be a family friendly crowd. Also I havent watched much WRFL Div 3 footy but what numbers would you expect playing Lavo.

Bigger crowds will be great but will it be a family friendly crowd. Also I havent watched much WRFL Div 3 footy but what numbers would you expect playing Lavo.
Wont be division 3. Thats already off the table. Div 2 or no dice.
In regards to family friendly, thats up to our club to control.
Hoping to take our current family culture with us over there.

I am well aware of your presidents links what I was suggesting that some of my connections and you are aware of mine seem to be indicating it hasnt gone the way they expected.
Yeah agree. Not sure what the districts were hoping to achieve by making the move, but they had stronger teams in the ammos at stages

Wont be division 3. Thats already off the table. Div 2 or no dice.
In regards to family friendly, thats up to our club to control.
Hoping to take our current family culture with us over there.
I hope you get a hall pass to Div 2 but I strongly doubt that the Suns and Lakes will vote in your favor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I played senior footy for nearly 20 years. Lived in werribee the entire time. Not once did I seriously consider playing in the WRFL. In any division. Contemplated coaching once, but thought better. I wouldnt have wanted my kids running round at those games. Yep. Some good people around but plenty of trash.
My young bloke is desperate to play footy next year.
Im looking at bacchus marsh or geelong.
Some ordinary units getting round even at junior level in wrfl.
Parents encouraging rough play and abuse. Parents giving eachother a mouthful.
Rubbish.
Many wont share my view but that's my opinion.

It

It's not the connection between Point Cook and Werribee Districts that is the issue. It's the even stronger relationship the PC president has with the board and CEO, both past and present. He has been on the WRFL junior board for 3 years and because of this has close relationship with senior WRFL figures. Personally I also think he has a hidden agenda, to get himself on the WRFL senior board and by moving seniors to WRFL puts him in favor

I played senior footy for nearly 20 years. Lived in werribee the entire time. Not once did I seriously consider playing in the WRFL. In any division. Contemplated coaching once, but thought better. I wouldnt have wanted my kids running round at those games. Yep. Some good people around but plenty of trash.
My young bloke is desperate to play footy next year.
Im looking at bacchus marsh or geelong.
Some ordinary units getting round even at junior level in wrfl.
Parents encouraging rough play and abuse. Parents giving eachother a mouthful.
Rubbish.
Many wont share my view but that's my opinion.

Yeah, wondering how many rounds in i give it until i get a clip. Havent exactly endeared myself to the WRFL Masses over the years

"The AFL Victoria – WRFL “Coach of the Month” for May 2017 is Kirk Heberle from the Point Cook Football Club - Official

This award recognizes some of the great work being done by local coaches in the Western region community and reinforces the importance of good Coaching in local football, schools and Auskick."

Well deserved, champion bloke, unparalleled sense of timing from the WRFL...

South Melbourne putting up a good fight against Richmond today in both games. Nothing in it at the half, not sure of final result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back