Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News, the Dallas Cowboys and TE Dalton Schultz "currently stand far apart" in regards to a contract extension. Gehlken writes that "talks would need to take on a new life to culminate in a contract."

The Cowboys placed a franchise tag on Schultz earlier this offseason, but the fourth-year TE has made it clear that he wants a long-term contract. Schultz skipped the team's voluntary OTAs due to frustrations about the contract negotiation process, but he showed up to June's mandatory minicamp, a sign that he won't hold out if a contract extension isn't reached.

The Athletic's Jon Machota reports that Cowboys WR Jalen Tolbert heads into training camp as a presumed Week 1 starter.​

Tolbert's opportunity is partially injury-related; Michael Gallup (knee) is unlikely to be ready for Week 1. However, Tolbert appears to be quickly earning the trust of his teammates and coaches, which is critical for any third-round pick looking to see the field right away. Machota notes that Tolbert "looked pretty good working with the first team at the end of minicamp" and looks likely to form a 3WR set with CeeDee Lamb and James Washington to start the season. Once Gallup returns, Tolbert will need to outplay Washington to remain in the starting rotation, but that shouldn't be ruled out. Washington has not participated in OTAs or minicamp due to a left foot injury, while Tolbert has been working out with Dak Prescott and Lamb in pre-training camp voluntary work. Tolbert has seen work on the outside and in the slot, as well as on the punt return team. A significant Week 1 role looks to be his to lose in training camp.

Strawpoll

If Romo comes back into the lineup in 2016 replacing Dak for the playoffs, and then goes on to win the Super Bowl that season, is he a Hall of Famer?

Is having a championship the only thing seperating his HoF resume, or was that not going to be enough regardless and I just love my QB too much?

Prescott is not a HoF on stats alone, like some were able to do like Marino. Reckon he'd have to win an MVP or two + a SB or two. Even Eli Manning with pretty big stats, no MVPs and two rings would maybe find it hard to get in

Soz I meant Romo's case not Dak's

Romo was better than Eli by a fair bit imo, Eli just has those two massive runs on the board

Soz I meant Romo's case not Dak's

Romo was better than Eli by a fair bit imo, Eli just has those two massive runs on the board
Probably same answer. He'd need an MVP + SB or two. He fluffed the playoffs a lot too. Rivers is another QB with big stats, no accolades, played bravely in playoffs.

I think there are a lot of little things too like that that factor in why Rivers not Romo, or many other similar QBs like Palmer, etc. Number of probowls, first team all pros, how did they perform in playoffs, was the whole team reliant on them like a Marino/Sanders, no help on D, how were they in the media (Terrell Owens), any off field issues (Antonio Brown), etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting bad vibes about this year. Offensive line is gonna struggle and Lamb will be in double coverage 24/7. I still haven't recovered from Moore's offensive play calls for the second half of last year. I think the defence should be better again but can't see where the improvement is going to come from in the offence. Hope I'm wrong but think it's gonna be another Jerry Jones led wasted year. * IT.

Getting bad vibes about this year. Offensive line is gonna struggle and Lamb will be in double coverage 24/7. I still haven't recovered from Moore's offensive play calls for the second half of last year. I think the defence should be better again but can't see where the improvement is going to come from in the offence. Hope I'm wrong but think it's gonna be another Jerry Jones led wasted year. * IT.
Still too early to be pessimistic. Every team suffers injury setbacks and theyll find ways to scheme Lamb anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back