Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

For those that didnt see it Day 1 of the draft was good considering our starting position of #24.

OL was going to be addressed first to fill the hole vacated by Tyrone Smith.

So according to our draft board we had Barton / Guyton / Frazier and Jackson-Powers-Johnson all rated about the same on the OL.

Come pick 24 time all of them bar Barton were on the board and we traded back with the Lions who were chasing a CB which netted us this…

Which then led to getting Guyton anyway at #29 while getting a free hit early in the 3rd round.

So heading into tomorrow we have…

2nd rd #24 ( 56 )
3rd rd #9 (73)
3rd rd #24 (89)
Not to bad and this draft goes reasonably deep.

Didn’t watch any Sooners games this year outside of the Texas game. People seem to either like him or dislike him. Fingers crossed.
He is perfect to be coached up and will thrive with us and our OL coaches IMO.

His tangibles saw him rated highly and he is a monster at 6 ft 8 and built like a brick wall with good speed and agility for his body mass. Downside or criticism came from the fact he can get grabby at times and finds his hands in the wrong places every now and then.

He is very hard to get past resulting in not giving up a single sack last season for him. Lets be honest this late in the first round every player will have a weakness but i am confident Tyler will be a monster for us on the OL.

Like the Guyton pick. Yes he played RT in college, but it was for a left handed QB so he knows all about protecting the blindside.

Reckon they plug him in at LT next to Tyler Smith and let him go.

Wouldn’t mind double dipping on the O-Line on day two and drafting a centre with the extra 3rd rounder, but it sounds like they have a lot of faith in T.J Bass & Brock Hoffman to let them fight it out for the starting job

Jerrah is high on Brooks the local talent at RB also.

I am not really wanting it as his body ( ACL tear ) i am not confident with early on Day 2 but the upside is huge IF it works out and no RB has been taken yet.

No smoke and mirrors here it is just a question of what pick we use.

I see the upside but i am still not sure considering he wont play till Week 4 or so at the earliest coming off that ACL tear. I just hope we dont reach for him or at worst trade up.

No smoke and mirrors here it is just a question of what pick we use.

I see the upside but i am still not sure considering he wont play till Week 4 or so at the earliest coming off that ACL tear. I just hope we dont reach for him or at worst trade up.

Stupid old man trying to roleplay as an NFL GM. The Cowboys legit have a handicap with this fool around

Stupid old man trying to roleplay as an NFL GM. The Cowboys legit have a handicap with this fool around
Wont get an argument from me and i agree.

Cowboys doc did the ACL surgery on Brooks, if there was any potential lingering issues then they would know.

My issue would be if they traded up for him from here, prefer they stand pat & take him at 56 or 73

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its pretty bleak. maybe not that bleak tho lol

That seems to be where Jerry is heading. I know he's got time, but the few times I saw Deuce Vaughn last season, it didn't look like it could ever work.

Who else have we got? Dowdle and ?

Last edited:
That seems to be where Jerry is heading. I know he's got time, but the few times I saw Deuce Vaughn last season, it didn't look like it could every work.

Who else have we got? Dowdle and ?

i have a dream we will get Damien pierce from Houston. Maybe even Rashad Penny for a season?

The gaping hole at RB right now reminds me a lot of WR depth chart back in 2018. Hopefully Jerruh & cap-boy have a plan for some sort of trade (remembering we’re getting 4 compensatory picks in 2025, likely 3 x 5’s & 1 x 6) similar to the way they went out and got Amari and it ended up turning our season around.

If not and we go with what we have…yuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back