Opinion Dan McKenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

Has played 21 games...
Not saying he will make it, but simply needs more time so we can pass proper judgement.
Sorry but he’s not an immediate impact player like a Judd or bontempelli or Oliver etc.. they are very rare.
Plenty of good players first 20-50 games were nothing special...
I find it amusing that some of our fans are happy to write off dan,
Yet im reading opinions that we should chase connor menadue.
Same draft. Same size. Similar attributes.
Neither getting a game.

One wears RWB so hes a dud and needs sacking.
Other one yellow and black, superstar?

Grass is always greener isn't it?

I find it amusing that some of our fans are happy to write off dan,
Yet im reading opinions that we should chase connor menadue.
Same draft. Same size. Similar attributes.
Neither getting a game.

One wears RWB so hes a dud and needs sacking.
Other one yellow and black, superstar?

Grass is always greener isn't it?

One bloke is struggling to crack into a possible wooden spoon side, the other is struggling to crack into the reigning premiers side. Not sure it’s like-for-like.

If I could have one or the other I’d have Menadue. I feel McKenzie is a bit like Wright or Templeton.

Played a few decent games in his first year so we all thought the growth/quality would improve in the next few years. But it just doesn’t seem to have happened.

Whether we just got these picks wrong and the potential we saw hasn’t developed as hoped or our development of draftees is shite I’m not sure of.

One bloke is struggling to crack into a possible wooden spoon side, the other is struggling to crack into the reigning premiers side. Not sure it’s like-for-like.

If I could have one or the other I’d have Menadue. I feel McKenzie is a bit like Wright or Templeton.

Played a few decent games in his first year so we all thought the growth/quality would improve in the next few years. But it just doesn’t seem to have happened.

Whether we just got these picks wrong and the potential we saw hasn’t developed as hoped or our development of draftees is shite I’m not sure of.
Tigs finished 13th in '16 and he didn't get in then either. And so far hes shown less at afl level than mckenzie.
But grass is greener for sure.

Spent a bit of time on Petracca in a couple of games already and done a pretty good job there, seems to do pretty well as a mid sized defender.

A few ordinary kicks early coming out of the backline weren’t ideal, lacks a little composure there, we missed Webster out of the backline to be fair.

How long has he been here and what’s his best game for the club
Long time ago but I'd say his best game for us was actually his 2nd game. In the 55 point comeback game, had 19 disposals, 4 marks and 4 tackles. Statistically wasn't his best but in terms of impact, that's the one that stands out.

I don't mind that we're persisting with him for now and I hope he can make it, whilst the signs are so much better now than a month ago he's going to have to keep improving and improving well to hold his place (and justify being taken at Pick 21 for those who see that as an important factor).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back