Daniel Hannebery

Remove this Banner Ad

It must be for the AFL record. I can't imagine why they'd do a photo shoot with him otherwise. Interesting that that photo-shopped in Roosy and Kirk in one of them. Perhaps a next generation/end of an era piece?

EDIT: Oops..the caption for the picture with roosy and kirky writes that they walk in on the shoot. Still looks kind of artificial though...

I am so stoked he is at the Swans. Will be one of the best players in the comp.

Hope he has a long long career with the us.
From the first game in the 2nds he was clearly a class above all. We have Rohan too!! :D

(and Jetta, Reid, Johnston, Veszpremi, Jetta, Smith etc).

I am excited!

My thought exactly. I've said it a few times, but I've got a really bad feeling he's off to the GC.

As if! He seems really happy, is touted as a future leader and YOU THINK HE'S OFF TO GC? :confused::confused::confused: Honestly, he'd be the last youngester on our list that I think would go to GC....

I wouldn't be so sure mark... most young players have that feeling of wanting to repay the faith shown in them by the club...but someone of hannebery's talent, who was picked up early, would be welcomed to any club etc i don't think they have the same sense that they owe the club/coaching staff something... so of all the guys in the team i'd say hannebery would be at teh top of the list of willing to go elsewhere...

in saying that, i don't think he'll go...and i really hope he doesn't go....that would be having a major organ ripped out of the swans future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

someone of hannebery's talent, who was picked up early, would be welcomed to any club etc i don't think they have the same sense that they owe the club/coaching staff something... so of all the guys in the team i'd say hannebery would be at teh top of the list of willing to go elsewhere...

No chance he's going. I've read numerous articles about Dan and his Family. Especially about his Parents and how closely they've worked in consultation with Roosy and the football club to help balance his schooling and football. From all accounts, his Dad sounds like a genuine, straight up Man who would be pretty old school in terms of the way you repay the belief that has been shown in you. The Club has invested a lot of time in Dan, with his Family, his Schooling, his Football and I'm sure many other things. I'd me AMAZED if he left us.

I wouldn't be so sure mark... most young players have that feeling of wanting to repay the faith shown in them by the club...but someone of hannebery's talent, who was picked up early, would be welcomed to any club etc i don't think they have the same sense that they owe the club/coaching staff something... so of all the guys in the team i'd say hannebery would be at teh top of the list of willing to go elsewhere...

in saying that, i don't think he'll go...and i really hope he doesn't go....that would be having a major organ ripped out of the swans future

I think your logic is flawed. Most young players, talented or not, don't feel a sense of entitlement and would be very grateful to be at an AFL club at all. For example, Dustin Martin was quick to douse down any thoughts of him going to GC becasue he felt he owed Richmond.

Anyway, I think your misjudging Hanners character if you think he feels he can leave us without qualms. The club has treated him really we and of all our youngsters of recent years, he's probably the one that has had the most luck in terms of opportunities, making his debut when he was still at school. The club also seems to get on well with his family.

Again, there are other youngsters at the Swans who probably wouldn't be feeling nearly as taken care of and as a part of the team as Hanners. It would surprise me immensely if he left.

I wasn't trying to judge hanners character at all...and i don't think he'll go to GC, I was just disputing the fact that he'd be one of the last to leave...he can pick up and go to just about any club in the league...but i'm sure the swans have done enough to assure hannebery and his family that the swans are a club that look after their players...and have the players best interests in mind etc...

as a club we're really taken it to another level, judging by the success we've had reforming former bad boys, reigniting peoples careers, we've also managed to bring kennelly over from ireland...now it's like people are lining up to come to the swans ala shaw, bradshaw, kennedy/mcglynn, mumford...

you know you're a great club when you can convince players like that to want to uproot and move to a new home...

Dan the Man will stay. No I don't have a Heinz Source but I just believe he feels right at home with the Swans and you can already see his desire to lead by example with the way he plays.

The real issue is that he's clearly the lovechild of Ryan O'Keefe and Barry Hall.

Also speculation that (like many interstate draftees) he was signed on a 3 year contract initially, meaning contract is not an issue until next year ...

I hope so anyway - my $20 on him for the rising star at $11 is looking quite nice now ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back