Retired Daniel Rich #1 (2008-2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many threads on other boards blaming endurance as the reason they didn't want Rich. It will be funny if Rich starts tearing it up from first few rounds and others picked above him don't have that much of an impact.

Fingers crossed, show them what they've let slip Bam-Bam.
I would be so angry if daniel rich later on in his carrea went to west coast or fremantle because of homesickness.When they let him slip but we showed faith in him.

Dream Team Info

7. Daniel Rich (Brisbane)
Likely Position: Midfielder
A bargain in the draft for the Lions and for DT coaches, Rich is a high posession winning midfielder who should get an opportunity. The Freako says that he averaged 69 at U18 level during the year - not too bad considering he’ll be sitting next to DT king Simon Black in the guts!
Lordy-o-meter: 9/10

richml1.jpg

If I was you boys I would be backing Rich at Betstar ASAP. Sportingbet have Rich at $6.50 so once they release their market Betstar will change theirs. Ive had $100 on our boy at $14 and I encourage you to do the same.

Link

Rich, 18, is a hard-at-it midfielder with a divine left-foot kick who this year collected his second senior WAFL premiership with Subiaco while working for a friend’s dry cleaning business after having finished Year 12 last year.

Link

Adcock said recruit Daniel Rich, pick seven in last year's national draft, had settled in well at Brisbane. "Daniel Rich looks like he'll be playing a few games this year.
"He's got a fantastic left foot coming out of the midfield, he can play in and under, but break away from the contest and deliver, which is good."

rich4ze6.jpg

From the 25 Questions thread:

Will Rich debut in Round 1? 79% said yes
Will Rich finish top 3 in the Rising Star? 85% said yes
Besides Brown or Bradshaw who will kick the most goals? 6% said Rich
How many goals will Rich kick? 9.4 (average)

rich2jc2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't see that many 18-year-olds that are that well built at that age:eek:

Although, it does look as though he's posing for the camera so I wonder if there's some touch-ups done to get himself on the front cover of Men's Health:p

its all in this shoulders. he has such good muscle there. makes him very strong and probably evens his top and bottom half out well giving him great center of gravity. his balance would be very good which i think probably helps his kicking. would be hard to tackle in taffic.

Link

AFL Year 2009: Players To Watch
By John Clark
January 27, 2009

1076hq8.jpg

Famous fives ... foxsports.com.au lists the hottest names.

THE 2009 AFL year promises thrills and spills aplenty for fans, and foxsports.com.au names the players we expect to feature prominently in the highlights reels.

Daniel Rich
(Brisbane Lions)

There are likely to be better players emerge from the 2008 national draft than the West Australian on-baller, but expect none to have such an immediate impact this year.

As the hunt for athletes who can play the game continues, Rich is a footballer first and foremost. His hands are small, his legs are short, but his mind thinks football.

He has spent the past two years playing senior footy for Subiaco in the Western Australian Football League, collecting premierships in both seasons. Finals footy didn't faze him and that means he's used to bashing, crashing and dashing with the bigger bodies.

Rich plays without fear, has Michael Voss teaching him the game, and will play 20 games with the Lions in his maiden season.

rich2uf4.jpg

Daniel Rich ... can make an immediate impact

Following on from Betstar starting Rich at $15.00 (down to $12.00 now), Sportingbet Australia have started him as favourite at $7.00.

RICH FAVOURITE FOR RISING STAR

Brisbane Lions rookie Daniel Rich has been installed as the favourite to win the 2009 AFL Rising Star Award with bookmakers, Sportingbet Australia.
The 2008 number seven draft pick is expected to have a big season with the Lions after winning two senior premierships with Subiaco in the WAFL.
“We’ve opened Rich at $7 favourite for the Rising Star because he is a highly touted midfielder with great skills and a mature body,” said Sportingbet Australia CEO Michael Sullivan.
“We think Rich will follow in the footsteps of the two previous number seven picks, Joel Selwood and Rhys Palmer, by winning the award in his first year.”

Daniel Rich [BRS] $7
Chris Masten [WCE] $10
Patrick Veszpremi [SYD] $14
Steele Sidebottom [COL] $14
Chris Yarran [CAR] $15

rich5dg3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back