Retired Daniel Rich #2 (2008-2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he will average over 25 disposals this year. I know it is a massive jump from just over 21 last year, but I can just see him get a lot more of the ball.

Could you imagine the carnage if he had a 40+ disposal game? Drool!

Reality hits Voss after Lions were flogged
March 31, 2013
Warwick Green

Brisbane's biggest names were unusually quiet. Daniel Rich, who won the Michael Tuck Medal as the best afield in the pre-season grand final, was kept to just eight disposals by Bulldogs tagger Nick Lower and had no influence on the game.

Adelaide was able to keep key Lions Jonathan Brown and Daniel Rich quiet courtesy of shut-down roles from Ben Rutten and Matthew Wright.

Rich had just 16 touches – on the back of eight last week against the Western Bulldogs - and was of minimal influence, while Brown was kept goalless with nine disposals and three marks.

Going by those numbers then, Rich should be good for 32 possies next week.:p

Going by those numbers then, Rich should be good for 32 possies next week.:p

That's optimistic, especially with the projection of 64 the week after. ;)

I'd be much more realistic - I'm trading him in in SC on the basis of his forthcoming 24, 32, 40, 48, etc possession games.

Suns Ready to Hunt Rich
April 10, 2013
Sam Lord

The 2012 Club Champion Runner-Up was held to a career-low eight disposals against the Western Bulldogs in Round One, and had limited influence against the Crows last Saturday at the Gabba.

He can expect much of the same this Saturday night against Gold Coast, with Rugby League convert Karmichael Hunt the man most likely to perform a run-with role.

“(Daniel Rich is) a class player and is definitely difficult to stop,” Hunt said at a joint media conference at Metricon Stadium on Tuesday. “Hopefully this weekend, if I get the role on him, I’ll be able to do a good job.”

So far he hasn't been able to do much being the no. 1 tagged player in the team. Even with low possession games in the past he would influence a quarter with just a few kicks but he hasn't got the time and space anymore. Really need the other players to step up to help him through this difficult period. Looks like they want to win the clearance and then give the ball to him, makes him an easy target for a tag.

So far he hasn't been able to do much being the no. 1 tagged player in the team. Even with low possession games in the past he would influence a quarter with just a few kicks but he hasn't got the time and space anymore. Really need the other players to step up to help him through this difficult period. Looks like they want to win the clearance and then give the ball to him, makes him an easy target for a tag.

Quite unfortunately, It doesn't look like he's doing anything to try and break that tag though. He just doesn't run anywhere near hard enough. For an established player, he walks far too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let him play in-and-under, on hands-and-knees shovelling the ball out for rest of the season.

Don't get seduced by his 60m roost, release him to go for the ball under the packs. I see no other way for him to break the tag currently. Players around him are not helping, he can help himself by going for the ball.

No hanging outside the packs to provide the release kick. Not working. :thumbsdown:

There is every chance, with the recruitment of Moloney, that he has been instructed to hang back & use his booming foot as an attacking weapon.

Certainly a lot of our setup seems to be about getting the ball into his hands.

I'm a little disappointed not to see one of his fellow midfielders lay a big bump on his taggers at all in the first 4 rounds. Someone needs to make a statement and show we won't allow other teams to scrag Rich the way they have been.

Needs to work hard to try shake the tag, I don't think he has changed his game to accommodate having a +1 with him. He is getting no time and space, and that's the 2 things he needs most. Also not getting help from team mates at ruck contests trying to block for him. He doesn't have the pace to get separation from taggers, he will need help.

Shoulder blow leaves Lion Rich out for eight weeks

By Michael Whiting9:52pm AEST Wednesday, April 24, 2013
THE BRISBANE Lions' season has suffered another massive blow, with vice-captain Daniel Rich expected to miss up to eight weeks with a fractured shoulder.

Rich tried to tackle Patrick Karnezis, but appeared to collide with another teammate, and fell awkwardly.
He lay on the ground clutching his left shoulder and was then assisted from the field by Lions staff holding his wrist to support the shoulder.

Best thing we can hope for is he might do a LeCras and come back early but shoulder i think are the tough ones. Arms and hands aren't too bad.

I think he will average over 25 disposals this year. I know it is a massive jump from just over 21 last year, but I can just see him get a lot more of the ball.

Could you imagine the carnage if he had a 40+ disposal game? Drool!

You do realise that this is all your fault :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back