Status
Not open for further replies.

demon_dynasty13

All Australian
Suspended
Oct 2, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Are Geelong being investigated by ASADA? Saw this in another thread and was pretty amazed that more hasn't been made of it.

From his office at Skilled Stadium, Robinson, the club's strength and rehabilitation manager, is in almost daily contact with Sea Eagles' fitness consultant, Steve Dank.​
"It is satisfying to have had a hand in both and Steve has also had a big input here, even though he is not on the payroll here and never has been," Robinson said.​
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...he-fitness-trend/story-e6frg7mx-1111114519497

Are Geelong being investigated by ASADA? Saw this in another thread and was pretty amazed that more hasn't been made of it.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...he-fitness-trend/story-e6frg7mx-1111114519497
Dank and Geelong? 2007 article?

No. Dank was never employed by Geelong. Robinson is not even central to the current Melbourne and Essendon drug taking scandal, AFAIK.

I wouldn't be surprised if every nearly team had a cheat in it's midst. That's a far cry from systematic cheating accusations leveled at Melbourne and Essendon presently.

Dank and Geelong? 2007 article?

No. Dank was never employed by Geelong. Robinson is not even central to the current Melbourne and Essendon drug taking scandal, AFAIK.

I wouldn't be surprised if every nearly team had a cheat in it's midst. That's a far cry from systematic cheating accusations leveled at Melbourne and Essendon presently.
Melbourne never employed him either apparently. ASADA will investigate Geelong in time, but I would think they have little to worry about.

it's an interesting question. Dank was undoubtedly involved. And Thompson came to Essendon knowing *exactly* what was needed to be done to catch up; hence the hiring of the exact same people involved in the successful Geelong program.

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to join the dots.....

it's an interesting question. Dank was undoubtedly involved. And Thompson came to Essendon knowing *exactly* what was needed to be done to catch up; hence the hiring of the exact same people involved in the successful Geelong program.

Classic. You spend countless hours defending your own club and then hang another in a heart beat.

Classic. You spend countless hours defending your own club and then hang another in a heart beat.
huh? I defend my club but I accept the speculation and don't sook about it.

I have my reasons to believe other teams, namely Geelong and at least one other, are up to in in their eyeballs. If you don't like that, tough t***ies

huh? I defend my club but I accept the speculation and don't sook about it.

I have my reasons to believe other teams, namely Geelong and at least one other, are up to in in their eyeballs. If you don't like that, tough t***ies

Of course you do...clearly you have access to more information than the rest of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to some posters thats evidence enough though. Speaking of which wasn't ken hinkley involved at geelong during this time aswell. Wait a minute all of a sudden port are winning games??? HMM :cool:

No, I'm saying if a poster is saying it's the same at Essendon then it was at Geelong when Bomber and Robinson was there, well I never saw Essendon running out games too well in the second half of 2012.

Let's stick to systematic drug abuse by clubs. Every club has taxation requirements. There will be clear records (5 years?) of receipts. It would not take long for the relevant bodies to look that up. Be patient.

I hope not for their sake. Wouldn't wish this crap on any club or supporter. Actually, maybe on some of the more prominent blood thirsty trolls here, but no one else.

I wouldn't wish this on any Club's supporters either.

But it did happen.

And it wasn't anybody here who instigated it and applied it.

It was a few people leading EFC who did.

Once they did this, many here want them to face the music for doing what no-one has ever been caught doing before...team doping.

It is up to EFC supporters where they want to direct their anger.

I wouldn't wish this on any Club's supporters either.

But it did happen.

And it wasn't anybody here who instigated it and applied it.

It was a few people leading EFC who did.

Once they did this, many here want them to face the music for doing what no-one has ever been caught doing before...team doping.

It is up to EFC supporters where they want to direct their anger.
Uh-huh. Yeah the consistent theme in your posts is assumptions. Assumptions and the inability to wait for all the information before making your mind up. Oh...and trolling. All of which you are entitled to do.

Enjoy your evening.

Uh-huh. Yeah the consistent theme in your posts is assumptions. Assumptions and the inability to wait for all the information before making your mind up. Oh...and trolling. All of which you are entitled to do.

Enjoy your evening.

Don't let my disgust for team doping in the sport i love get lost in my light hearted banter with posters:)

Enjoy your evening as well.

It's funny, Lance has been throwing the Geelong grenade ever since this scandal broke, yet it won't detonate. Here's a dose of reality for him and his cohorts. We all know the ACC and ASADA have been up their eyeballs investigating multiple codes for an extended period. They have accumulated significant evidence against several parties. There are countless journalists on the story across several States. Leakers with privileged access to information are several. Yet, there is not a single phone call, email, document or credible evidence of any sort, to emerge regarding any link between Geelong, Dank and/ or irregular practices. Nada, zilch, zero.

The single "smoking gun" is a GeelongAddy article from many years ago, in which Dean Robinson mentions that he maintains regular contact with Dank, and they discuss issues related to their profession. For Lance, it is convenient to ignore the fact that it has been reported Steven Hocking interviewed Dank for a role a few years back (at Robinson's urging) and deemed him unsuitable. Yes, you read that right. UNSUITABLE.

Lance and his ilk do a very poor job of hiding their envy of Geelong. Essendon thought they permanently wounded us at the end of 2010. Our disgust at their brazen Geelong raid was greatly rejoiced by many Bomber fans. All they had to do to become Geelong, was to bring across our staff they believed. Greatness was inevitable. It was easily transportable they thought. By their logic anything they've done, Geelong must've done too. They have some of our staff, so the logic extends right? What they failed to account for was that culture is not transportable. The secret to Geelong's success is not any one individual but the sum of the parts. It is a culture which respects and brings the best out of individuals for the collective good. It has an admin that respects proper governance, and values professional ethics. It is why someone like Matthew Knights can do a reverse Bomber Thompson in his first year. Gone from a crisis-riddled rabble to a Premiership coach. Shame Bomber T refused Geelong's wise counsel and did the reverse. He's now tarnished in 24 months what a long distinguished career took to build. That's what a poisonous club culture, with little value for ethics and governance, will do for your career. More will follow the same path shortly.

On the field, Geelong's absolute dominance is easily understood. For much of the reign, the team contained 15+ All-Australians. A revised AFL Team of the Century would probably see 2 Geelong inclusions. Several more will be AFL Hall of Famers. It contained the best teen prodigy since Judd. They played like a Superteam because in reality they were. So please excuse me for wondering how a team containing Hardingham, Hooker, Hibberd, Davey, Crameri ( you get the picture) is blowing teams away in the same manner? It's a very curious scenario, with no striking similarity to the Cats at all. The Cats were a steady 9 year build before snagging a Flag in 07. Improvement was progressive, notwithstanding the sole aberration of 06. Essendon hasn't had a similar path or trajectory, yet has seemingly emerged as a powerhouse. Hmmm.

The accusers will have you believe they have information that leaves Geelong nervously looking over its shoulder. Interesting, then, that the club would allow its CEO to go on a 2 month study trip overseas, in season, in the midst of the biggest scandal the game has ever seen.

Wouldn't it be sweet karma if, having secured a Flag in 11, the Cats nabbed another one this year, a year in which Essendon faces the most shameful accusations in the game's storied history. It would make Chris Scott a dual premiership coach. You are not Geelong Essendon. Not even close. In fact, you are even further away than you were before 2010.

Go Cats.

Seeing Team Doping punished is rather satisfying.
Disagree, would rather see that it never occurred in the first place. Seeing it punished when it occurs is necessary but sad. Interesting however that you sound satisfied before we all know the entire story of what occurred. Seems like seeing Team Doping punished is not all that satisfies you.

It would be rather strange to think otherwise.
I must be strange.

Blind loyalty does skew though.
True

History sure does speak to that.
True

One slight flaw in your idiotic rumblings

Danks has never been involved with the GFC

It's funny, Lance has been throwing the Geelong grenade ever since this scandal broke, yet it won't detonate. Here's a dose of reality for him and his cohorts. We all know the ACC and ASADA have been up their eyeballs investigating multiple codes for an extended period. They have accumulated significant evidence against several parties. There are countless journalists on the story across several States. Leakers with privileged access to information are several. Yet, there is not a single phone call, email, document or credible evidence of any sort, to emerge regarding any link between Geelong, Dank and/ or irregular practices. Nada, zilch, zero.

The single "smoking gun" is a GeelongAddy article from many years ago, in which Dean Robinson mentions that he maintains regular contact with Dank, and they discuss issues related to their profession. For Lance, it is convenient to ignore the fact that it has been reported Steven Hocking interviewed Dank for a role a few years back (at Robinson's urging) and deemed him unsuitable. Yes, you read that right. UNSUITABLE.

Lance and his ilk do a very poor job of hiding their envy of Geelong. Essendon thought they permanently wounded us at the end of 2010. Our disgust at their brazen Geelong raid was greatly rejoiced by many Bomber fans. All they had to do to become Geelong, was to bring across our staff they believed. Greatness was inevitable. It was easily transportable they thought. By their logic anything they've done, Geelong must've done too. They have some of our staff, so the logic extends right? What they failed to account for was that culture is not transportable. The secret to Geelong's success is not any one individual but the sum of the parts. It is a culture which respects and brings the best out of individuals for the collective good. It has an admin that respects proper governance, and values professional ethics. It is why someone like Matthew Knights can do a reverse Bomber Thompson in his first year. Gone from a crisis-riddled rabble to a Premiership coach. Shame Bomber T refused Geelong's wise counsel and did the reverse. He's now tarnished in 24 months what a long distinguished career took to build. That's what a poisonous club culture, with little value for ethics and governance, will do for your career. More will follow the same path shortly.

On the field, Geelong's absolute dominance is easily understood. For much of the reign, the team contained 15+ All-Australians. A revised AFL Team of the Century would probably see 2 Geelong inclusions. Several more will be AFL Hall of Famers. It contained the best teen prodigy since Judd. They played like a Superteam because in reality they were. So please excuse me for wondering how a team containing Hardingham, Hooker, Hibberd, Davey, Crameri ( you get the picture) is blowing teams away in the same manner? It's a very curious scenario, with no striking similarity to the Cats at all. The Cats were a steady 9 year build before snagging a Flag in 07. Improvement was progressive, notwithstanding the sole aberration of 06. Essendon hasn't had a similar path or trajectory, yet has seemingly emerged as a powerhouse. Hmmm.

The accusers will have you believe they have information that leaves Geelong nervously looking over its shoulder. Interesting, then, that the club would allow its CEO to go on a 2 month study trip overseas, in season, in the midst of the biggest scandal the game has ever seen.

Wouldn't it be sweet karma if, having secured a Flag in 11, the Cats nabbed another one this year, a year in which Essendon faces the most shameful accusations in the game's storied history. It would make Chris Scott a dual premiership coach. You are not Geelong Essendon. Not even close. In fact, you are even further away than you were before 2010.

Go Cats.
100 % accurate

Poor Lance Uppercut such a deluded poster

If the S0 classification was only introduced in 2011, does that mean Geelong couldn't be charged even if they had used AOD prior to that? Similar to Manly, i suppose. Their use may predate the update of the rules. Even if they had used, as long as they stopped, they might be OK regardless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back