Dank: (on legalising drugs in sport) "Obviously I'm all for it"

Remove this Banner Ad

"but in relation to what happened at one particular football club: we spoke to someone at ASADA in 2010. I’ve got a witness — he’ll be in the box when we go to court on this — we said … we consider these medications/substances … to be of a certain class. And the person said, we agree. And three years later all hell breaks loose because certain substances that we used were deemed to be banned.”

Let me hazard a guess 2010 got told not banned..because they weren't at that point in time.

2011 S0 got introduced. Dank did not recheck the substances...

Few years later all hell breaks loose because he was caught using substances like AOD9064..
Who was he working for in 2010?

The guy is deadest delusional. Not all drugs are banned. Drugs that have potentially damaging side effects are banned. Drugs that have not been passed for human consumption are banned because their side effects are unknown.

Steroids aren't banned because they give a competitive advantage. They are banned because of heart damage, liver damage, hormone imbalance etc. People might say, people know the risks, let them take them. But that then means those who don't want to risk the damaging side effects are at a disadvantage to those who do. And the pressure by unscrupulous coaches to put young athletes under pressure to take them would be immense.

That is why ASADA and WADA exist and why the penalties have to be harsh.

'Im all for it' is somewhat of a change from 'everything was above board.'
Also his claims that ASADA doctors dont know as much as him are truly comical.
The man is truly delusional. It is called the Kruger Dunning effect.

So it appears Dank's truth is coming out. But not the truth the Essendon folk were hoping for. Rather, the truth of the attitudes that drove Stephen Dank - their employee - and the decisions being made at Essendon.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...g/news-story/aace1af6eb0c60be7c837702194656cd

And his justification:

What doubt remains that the powers at be at Essendon intended to administer banned substances? When their employee coughs up the truth - that he's not innocent, he's justified.

Dindu nuffin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back