Dank tells Mannah peptides are safe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can't understand Dank suing for damages here, don't know if he was hoping they would settle but he seems to be out of his depth.
The guy died after relapsing with cancer after using Danks peptide just to help him sleep???
Dank is concerned that this reporting of Mannah's death and use of peptides has unfairly damaged his business. WTF
This has been reported in the age.

Sports scientist Stephen Dank has told a Sydney court that he instructed an NRL player who later died of cancer that injecting peptides was safe.

He also said he was administering the supplements to improve players' sleep, not their performances.

Dank made the comments on Tuesday at the NSW Supreme Court where he is suing Nationwide News, publisher of Sydney tabloid The Daily Telegraph, over a 2013 front-page article which questioned whether Cronulla Sharks NRL player Jon Mannah's death was accelerated by the use of peptides.

Mannah died from Hodgkin's lymphoma in January 2013, aged 23.

In May that year, Nationwide News published a leaked extract from an independent report commissioned by Cronulla into the use of peptides in the club's supplements program in 2011.

The report questioned whether Mannah's cancer relapse could be linked to peptide use, and is at the centre of the defamation action launched by Dank.

He told the court the claims were wrong and were part of a series of articles that caused his once-busy business to flatline and invitations to social functions to dry up.

Under cross examination from Nationwide News' barrister Tom Blackburn SC, Dank said he had advised Mannah he thought peptides CJC 1295 and GHRP 6, which stimulate the release of growth hormones, "were safe to use".

"Growth hormone does not stimulate the proliferation of cancer cells," Dank, who earlier said he had no medical qualifications, told the court.

The jury also heard Dank didn't tell Cronulla team doctor David Givney he was advising players about peptide use or was also organising for players to be to injected.

"That was (trainer) Trent Elkin's responsibility," he said.

Dank also claimed the peptides weren't given to players in doses sufficient to increase their performance or enhance recovery.

"Really, we were looking at changes to sleep performance," he told the three men and one woman on the jury.

The legal action was also launched in response to other articles which asserted police were investigating Dank's activities, which he has said was not true and caused many people to question his ethics in public.

The hearing continues before Justice Lucy McCallum.

I assume Dank will have an expert, qualified witness to attest that his peptides were for a good nights sleep. I reckon the newspapers insurer will have one to say they were to enhance performance.

He must be getting a little forgetful, is the old Dankenstein. Growth hormone does stimulate cancer cells. High HGH levels cause increase in IGF, and high IGF has been shown to be associated with a significant increase in cancers at all ages. It doesn't matter if it's taken as a 'drug' or if you have a medical condition with excess of HGH (acromegaly). Interestingly lymphoma is one of the cancers whose incidence is increased, and here is the dickhead Dankenstein giving it to a man in remission from lymphoma. Total & complete negligence. There are literally thousands of scientific articles showing the role that growth hormone plays in oncogenesis, nowadays getting down to the nitty gritty of what genes or messengers are being promoted/suppressed.

In short, Dankenstein is a dangerous, lying shyster.

What's the bet this gets settled so he can say he did not lose.
He seems to be on a hiding for nothing.
Bit like that funny settlement for $50,000 with Spew Corp? In this case he has blatantly lied and possibly contributed to the death of a young man. I wouldn't settle, I agree with you that he's going to get a hiding. Perhaps Dankenstein and the Golden One suffer from an addiction to litigation? I don't know if there is a word for this, but I think there should be.

August 5, 2012

Dank: I need some help with this football team.

Pharmacist: Don't worry buddy. We can start them on the cocktails next week. When is there (sic) next game?

Dank: Next Sunday against North Melbourne.

Pharmacist: How are the soft tissue injuries looking?

Dank: S--. 2 more.

Dank: I know the mechanism.

Dank: Can the AOD and the Thymosin be mixed?

Pharmacist: I can test it out. Also, is there a problem with giving them an anaesthetic in the muscle? I have discovered a new polymer which will provide a slow release system while repairing damaged cell walls. Intramuscular injection.

Dank: No problems with that all.

Dank: Is it efficacious?

Pharmacist: Very much so. It's amazing and being used in the USA for elite horse racing. I can even put the thymosin and AOD in it.

Dank: Perfect let's get going.

Dank: Have we tried it on anyone yet?

Pharmacist: Few dental injections for periodontal sockets but not for sporting.

Dank: Did they go all right with efficacy?

Pharmacist: Yep it did the job. Amazing repair properties

Dank: Let us test a couple of players.

Pharmacist: Sounds good buddy. Speak soon.

I assume Dank will have an expert, qualified witness to attest that his peptides were for a good nights sleep. I reckon the newspapers insurer will have one to say they were to enhance performance.
If we find out then I can destroy the witness academically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly sounds like Dank was talking about a remedy for the players just to stop the sniffles????
It scares me to think that he knows his market going ahead is the gym junkies and all of this is advertising to make him the go to man to get big quick.

What's the bet this gets settled so he can say he did not lose.
He seems to be on a hiding for nothing.

Doubt it get settled if it made its way to a court room. With the reverse onus of proof in defemation cases (the defendant has to prove they did not defame, rather than the plaintiff prove there were) can be hard to defend against so they they normally don't get to a court room if the defendant was looking settling.

The fact that it's even in the court room makes me suspect that the papers have a nice line of witnesses lined up.

Interesting to note club doctor was not informed here too. Dank deflects responsibility by saying that was trainer Trent Elkins job to inform doctor at Cronulla.
What is going to damage his reputation is his care factor.
This actually sounds reasonable considering the terms of employment/involvment within SD's world
Most medical overseers at a club would be asked by the person in SD's position to make sure all participants are capable medically of receiving the products he will supply.
This is the question that one player at essendon asked and was NOT treated ACCORDINGLY UNTIL HE COMPLAINED TO HIS FAMILY DOCTOR.{not mentioned often in the press}
So the club gets somebody like Dank to inject substances and before the program begins Dank makes it clear to the club that its not viable to some participants and the club medico should make sure he has recorded all the players previous medical conditions.

Doubt it get settled if it made its way to a court room. With the reverse onus of proof in defemation cases (the defendant has to prove they did not defame, rather than the plaintiff prove there were) can be hard to defend against so they they normally don't get to a court room if the defendant was looking settling.

The fact that it's even in the court room makes me suspect that the papers have a nice line of witnesses lined up.
Maybe Hal will finally get his day in court with Dank, along the lines of exhibiting the ongoing pattern Dank had for willful, reckless, un-controlled and unapproved distribution of unsafe substances?
He was never presented with a consent form either, never signed one and was still jabbed.

This is the question that one player at essendon asked and was NOT treated ACCORDINGLY UNTIL HE COMPLAINED TO HIS FAMILY DOCTOR.{not mentioned often in the press}

Do you have a link? I can't remember that one...

He must be getting a little forgetful, is the old Dankenstein. Growth hormone does stimulate cancer cells. High HGH levels cause increase in IGF, and high IGF has been shown to be associated with a significant increase in cancers at all ages. It doesn't matter if it's taken as a 'drug' or if you have a medical condition with excess of HGH (acromegaly). Interestingly lymphoma is one of the cancers whose incidence is increased, and here is the dickhead Dankenstein giving it to a man in remission from lymphoma. Total & complete negligence. There are literally thousands of scientific articles showing the role that growth hormone plays in oncogenesis, nowadays getting down to the nitty gritty of what genes or messengers are being promoted/suppressed.

Has there been a coroner's inquest into Hannah's death?

Surely THIS is where his s**t finally crashes down around him. With luck this crunt will finally end up in jail.

Has there been a coroner's inquest into Hannah's death?
Can't find one, I expect he had no inquest.
Surely THIS is where his s**t finally crashes down around him. With luck this crunt will finally end up in jail.
Hope so too, but I fear he's slips through the cracks because he's not a medic or other professional that has to be registered with AHPRA
if he wins this one he might come after the OP :D
Fun if he did. I'll go in to bat for Slatidarfast, afterall it's important for the man who did the fiddly bits to keep working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back