Dark Side Of The Moon/The Wizard of Oz

Remove this Banner Ad

the 'hanging midget/munchkin' thing is a myth... where in a scene, u can see a person hanging themselves.. :p

theres plenty on that.. a search on a search engine will bring that up...

i downloaded the clip to take a look (as current versions of the movie have it taken out)... not much in it... just something dangling in the background... spooky at first... but, it could be anything..

Docker Brat obviously hasn't tried it then.

I guarantee you it works. Of course it's all just coincidence, but it's a very different way to watch The Wizard Of Oz. (much more fun. :D )

People dancing in time with the music; song titles and lyrics matching the onscreen action; the change to colour just as "Money" starts etc etc etc......

For those who don't know about it, basically, you put your Dark Side Of The Moon CD in the cd player and press start and then pause. (so that when you're ready to start it, it starts immediately)

Set up your Wizard Of Oz DVD or VHS (it can't be taped off tv since it needs to be uninterupted) and then when it starts, or to be more precise, as soon as the MGM lion roars for the 3rd time (just as the movie is about to start), "un-pause" the DSOTM cd, turn the sound from the DVD/VHS down, and enjoy an interesting ride. :)

Is it really a coincedince????

Because if you think about it, who is going to play Wizard of Oz in time with DSOTM???? If that is the case, there is about a million CD's and a million Videos to choose from, why would it just happen that someone happened to put those two together and find out they match up. In theory, someone must have had some idea that they were going to match up and they would only have an idea that they were going to go in sync if it was designed to do it.

I know a couple of people who have tried it and said it works - still yet to hear it myself. Sounds interesting though.

I've tried it a couple of times, and yes, there are about 40 'coincidences' during the film. Too many to be just luck, and the lyrics are very spooky when they refer to on-screen action. 'Which is which, and who is who' can be 'Witch is which' as the east and west witches are on screen at the same time, 'Black and Blue' when black and blue shoes are on screen, the triangle at the first scene, looks like the DSOTM cover. Lots of things really, but the Floyd have kind of said they never meant it.

The thing is with Pink Floyd, and probably any fantasy/musical, if you match them up they will appear to make sense! Just like the 'messages' in Beatles music post-drugs.

So my comment is really, give it a look, it is quite entertaining and very interesting way to see the Wizard of Oz.:)

think about it, people...

in 1972 (when the album was recorded), seeing the film entailed having a movie projector and a film print. no videos back then... synching these things up would not have been easy. add to that the fact that you had to turn the record over half way through back then.

plus the fact that the album was developed as a live performance piece as well....

having said all that, i've never tried it myself. i'm sure there's all sorts of coincidences that do occur - as there probably would be with just about any movie/album combination.

i do have a video of Echoes synched up as the soundtrack to the last section (Jupiter and Beyond) of 2001: A Space Oddysey. that has bits whihc fit well too, but i doubt it was done deliberately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back