Current Darwin Shootings

Remove this Banner Ad

Darwin shooting: Up to five people killed in CBD, 45yo alleged gunman arrested by NT Police.

Reports an active shooter in Darwin CBD with up to 20 shots fired and people injured ... confusing scenes with tree on fire and roads blocked.​

Witnesses say the man walked into the Palms Motel in McMinn Street while holding a pump-action shotgun and shot at multiple doors.

Multiple witnesses said he was looking for someone called "Alex".

He then fled the scene and remained at large for approximately an hour, with road blocks in place around the city.

NT Health said another two victims were at the Royal Darwin Hospital in a stable condition.

There is a second crime scene on Gardens Hill Crescent outside the city centre, where residents say a man was shot in the head.

This has not yet been confirmed by authorities.

There is also possibly a third crime scene at the Buff Club on the Stuart Highway, where there are unconfirmed reports a man had his throat cut.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06...rrest-gunman-in-darwin-woman-injured/11179136

He was loose and on the move for about an hour so I'm not sure they know exactly what's happened, reports of five possible crime scenes, a sawn off shotgun and a pump action shotgun. Far out. One lady was sprayed in the legs.

I guess a lot of questions will be asked given he was apparently recently released from prison, how he got hold of a shotgun.

Crazy times. Apparently he's linked to bikies, and from a well known Darwin family. Seemed he was looking for someone specific though and just on a rampage. Everyone thought the shots were firecrackers, so probably didn't react the way they should have :(

One of my facebook friends saw the aftermath of him blasting a poor lady in the leg 3 times with the shotgun. Another was driving home from work as the bloke flew down the highway in the stolen ute. Was going to honk him and give him the finger, decided against, probably "dodged a bullet" for real there.

He was loose and on the move for about an hour so I'm not sure they know exactly what's happened, reports of five possible crime scenes, a sawn off shotgun and a pump action shotgun. Far out. One lady was sprayed in the legs.

I guess a lot of questions will be asked given he was apparently recently released from prison, how he got hold of a shotgun.

A shotgun that is a banned import at that. As for his movements, he apparently had an ankle monitor on, so pretty damn brazen to be going on a shooting rampage.

A shotgun that is a banned import at that. As for his movements, he apparently had an ankle monitor on, so pretty damn brazen to be going on a shooting rampage.

Did you notice him kicking out on the ground and spinning when he was surrounded by the TRG and they just got out of the way of his legs? It looked almost involuntary. One witness said he was calm and walked straight past the police, then there was reports of him kicking into a door at the police station trying to hand himself in.

I suspect ice.

You do get the feeling that the only thing that makes this guy different from the average meth-rampage is that he had access to an illegal firearm.

One witness said he was calm and walked straight past the police, then there was reports of him kicking into a door at the police station trying to hand himself in.

I suspect ice.

From what I gather, he was walking around the apartment building calmy holding the gun. Cops sped past into the building as they probably didn't realise he was the suspect and would be so calm in that situation, and they hadn't recieved a description of him yet. I think after the rampage he went to Police Headquarters because he realised he'd done what he wanted to do (gotten 2 of his 3/4 targets) and wanted protective custody. When he realised the station was unmanned, he got into the car and drove to the city whilst on the phone to the Superintendent. He knew the security guard and the old tradie (ex work mate), killed the 75 year old because he lived in the old apartment (or apartment building/not sure) of a target, and then the cabbie was probably a frustration shot after not being able to find his original target.

Turns out he was pulled over for being like 15km/h over the limit earlier that day too. You'd think someone on strict parole with an ankle monitor shouldn't just get a warning for speeding like that.

Terrible situation all round. Going to be a lot of "sorrow" beers drank back home this weekend

A few more things out of this too.

- He had a third party purchase him ammunition and a hunting knife on the morning of the attack.

- His first target (security guard) must have had put up a fair fight as Hoffmann left the scene with a stab wound to his shoulder blade (serious enough to later require surgery).

- There is talk of drug debts and a former partners new squeeze as motives

- Hoffmann was twitching in that footage because he was being tazed, you can see the officer without the helmet holding the tazer.

- Hoffmann was twitching in that footage because he was being tazed, you can see the officer without the helmet holding the tazer.

hah! So that's why they were all looking so blase and casual about the whole thing, 'give him another one Roger make him do that spin thing'.

I couldn't see the tazer.

He shot and killed people he didn't even know, three of them were migrants here in the first place presumably for a better life.

The man police believe was searched for by the alleged gunman during last week's Darwin shootings has himself appeared in court on unrelated charges.

Alexandros Deligiannis, 42, appeared in court in Darwin on Tuesday on charges laid before the shootings.

His charges included driving under the influence of a prohibited drug and without a licence, and failing to obey police directions.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06...njamin-hoffman-brother-court-alex-nt/11199910

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like half the criminals in Darwin, and Australia, pull the "I was on ice and not in the right frame of mind" card and manage to lighten the sentence. Bloke is bad news, always has been and always will be. Hope he gets locked up for a long time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back